April 20, 2024, 05:21:06 AM

Author Topic: Playing a card during Ready Stage ...  (Read 2433 times)

diceman

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Playing a card during Ready Stage ...
« on: November 24, 2013, 11:57:42 AM »
Uuh, I just thought of something, maybe I'm a little slow and this is pretty obvious to you guys, but nevertheless I wanted to make sure whether this would be a legal move (somehow I doubt it):

The Rules clearly state, that cards that you haven't played this round, come back into the book at the beginning of the next Planning-Phase. Now I wonder why this is emphasized so much. Why then, and not at the end of the round (which would be a far more obvious rule)? Or is it perhaps because after I'll get new Mana in the next Channeling Phase I may flip my Quickcast-Marker in the Ready Stage to play that certain card, which is still lying before me?

Or maybe I'm just paranoid; still, up until now, for everything written in the Rules there was a reason, why it was spelled out exactly the way it was. So in this certain case it just struck me as odd, that they would emphasize a tiny (otherwise pretty obvious) detail this much.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 12:09:01 PM by diceman »

Tesmara

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Playing a card during Ready Stage ...
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 02:23:23 PM »
You have the Upkeep phase just before the Planing phase. So if you have a unused spell on a creature or construction. And that is killed/destroyed in the Upkeep phase because of a condition it has on it. The the spell is lost.

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 02:27:30 PM »
Everything happens within a phase. Planning phase makes the most sense for when to return unused spells to your spellbook, because that's when you crack open your spellbook. You can not use any creature actions or quick casts during the ready stage.

diceman

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 04:27:58 PM »
Okay, thanks to you both. Makes sense now. :)

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 10:53:19 AM »
Zuberi & Tesmara both get a sticker
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage