May 01, 2024, 08:59:03 AM

Author Topic: Etheria: Axis Powers--The Dawnlight Compact! Episode I part 2  (Read 5366 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Etheria: Axis Powers--The Dawnlight Compact! Episode I part 2
« on: November 16, 2013, 01:13:09 PM »
OR SPECIALS, ETC. (AND I OBVIOUSLY DO NOT OWN MAGE WARS).

This is a fan-made parody work of Mage Wars inspired by the "Hetalia" animes. Since it is a parody, it is fair use.

I DON'T OWN ANYTHING THAT I DID NOT COME UP WITH.[/b]

Note: Etheria: Axis Powers--the Dawnlight Compact is a separate series from my first Etheria: Axis Powers. That one's title I changed to Etheria: Axis Powers--Mini-World, and it tells the story of Etheria when it was inhabited by unruly young teenage nations (with some flashbacks from early childhood). Etheria: Axis Powers--the Dawnlight Compact shows the nations of Etheria when they are all grown up. Well, as grown up as they'll ever get, anyways. Enjoy!

Etheria: Axis Powers
The Dawnlight Compact!

Episode I
Westlock: Dark Prophets

Part II: of Stolen Clothes, Moonglow Amulets, "Dogs" and the World's Police

Straywood yawned and stretched, and groggily opened his eyes from his afternoon nap. His stomach rumbled. Hungry. He reached his arm around the back of his head and scratched behind the ear on the other side. Then a bad stench reached his nostrils. What was that? Straywood sniffed the air, then got onto his hands and knees (still sniffing) and clambered after the scent until he noticed something strange and scary: a footprint in the dirt outside of his tree-hollow home. This footprint was unusual in that it was not only on fire, which itself seemed like an impossibility, but that said fire produced no light. And there were many more footprints just like it going off into the distance.

Straywood tentatively reached out a paw--I mean hand, and touched the footprint. He yelped and recoiled in pain.

"Straywood!" a friendly voice said. "There you are!" Westlock rode towards him on the back of a unicorn, completely naked but for the golden tiara she wore on her head. Straywood barked happily as she dismounted her steed and walked over to him. She tried to ignore the fact that she was missing her prized priestly robes. If Straywood noticed that she was uncomfortable, he didn't show it, so primitive his mind was that he didn't understand even the most basic norms of society. Straywood of course saw things differently than she did, but she discounted his perspective because it caused him to act like a wild animal.

"I need you to help me find Arraxia. He stole my clothes!"

Straywood stared at the trail of dark and burning footprints, and then looked up at her incredulously.

"I know, you're thinking I should probably just follow the footprints."

Straywood nodded.

"But the footprints are so ominous!" Westlock protested. "Something horrible will probably happen if I follow them to the end. And it's probably a diversion anyway. Arraxia probably summoned some demon and enchanted it's feet to make these footprints, and then went in a completely different direction. Unless that's what he wants me to think, and the footprints are there to make me think it's a diversion when it's not. But what if he wants me to think that he thinks that, so that I'll think it's not a diversion even though it is? Or what if he wants me to think that he thinks that I think that? Then maybe it isn't a diversion. Or what if--"

Straywood growled angrily and clambered off with the speed of a cheetah in the direction of the dark and burning footprints.

"Straywood! Wait! Come back!"

He wouldn't listen of course. Westlock sighed and followed him.

After quite a while of running, they made it to the old stone library where Sortilege lived, topped by a laboratory tower. The dark and burning footprints stopped at the front door. Was Sortilege in cahoots with Arraxia now?

There was only one way to find out.

Westlock equipped herself with her Staff of Asyra, ran forward and kicked the wooden door down, and ran inside. Straywood followed her.

Westlock  and Straywood searched through several of the rooms before finally barging into the kitchen to see Sortilege and Arraxia sitting and talking at a wooden table, each with a hot cup of tea in front of them.

She pointed her Staff at them, and then said something that she had dreamed of saying for years. "This is the Westlockian police! You're under arrest in the name of Asyra!"

Arraxia and Sortilege both spewed tea from their mouths as they began laughing uproariously.

"Since when--heehee--are you--heeheehee--the world's police?" asked Arraxian.

"I was wondering why Arraxia--HAHAHA--barged into my home and asked for a Moonglow Amulet--HAHAHAHA--wearing your clothes! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

And then Westlock realized that casting "Steal Equipment" cost Arraxia a lot of mana since he had stolen her entire outfit, and so he had fled to Sortilege to restore his mana reserves. She glanced at the dark nation's neck. There was no moonglow amulet there. Sortilege had not betrayed her. Then again, Sortilege didn't exactly take sides in the first place, so it was debatable whether it would have counted as "betrayal" if Sortilege had given Arraxia the amulet.

Understanding the look on Westlock's face, Sortilege stopped laughing and said,

"While it would be very interesting to study the fight between you again, I've been caught in the crossfire enough times recently, and I have more important research to worry about. Please take your squabble outside."

"Okay, Arraxia, let's go," said Westlock.

"But I don't wanna," Arraxia protested, stubbornly. "I need an amulet!"

Arraxia pleaded with Sortilege, "Give it to me NOW!"

Okay, so it was really more of a demand, but he was using his puppy-dog eyes!

"Very persuasive," said Sortilege, pretending to be impressed. "I'll think about it. Should I make your fight more interesting by giving you this amulet to level the playing field between you and Westlock?"

Arraxia's eyes shone with hope as Sortilege continued.

"Or maybe I should stay out of it and let you deal with your own messes this time?"

Arraxia's face fell.

"But--"

"Both of you get out of my library-lab," Sortilege commanded. "NOW."

"You heard him Arraxia," said Westlock. "We're taking this outside. And this time I WILL defeat you--once and for all."

"NO!" Arraxia screamed. "You can't make me!"

"Actually," said Sortilege, teleporting both Arraxia and Westlock two zones away from his library, near Bloodwave's mountain. "I can, and I just did."

Straywood whimpered.

Sortilege sighed.

"I don't think you'd like helping me with my experiments," he said. "Stay. I'll bring you a treat later."

Straywood barked happily.

I hope you enjoyed Episode I of Etheria: Axis Powers--The Dawnlight Compact! Next time we begin Episode II: Allegiance In Blood.

Don't forget to review!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 08:42:59 PM by Sailor Vulcan »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.