April 20, 2024, 11:08:32 AM

Author Topic: How to use the Spellbook Builder  (Read 7808 times)

pixelgeek

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
How to use the Spellbook Builder
« on: November 10, 2013, 08:30:08 PM »
Some tips on using the online Mage Wars Spellbook Builder

To start a new spellbook select "New..." from the "Spellbook" menu. In the dialog enter in a name and select a Mage

To change the cards you have access to click on the "Spellbook Sets" tab and then use the drop down menus to indicate the number of each expansion you own

To change the name of the spell book you are editing click on the name in the "Spellbook Details" tab.

To preview your Mage's abilities click on the Mage name in the "Spellbook Details" tab.

To preview a card click on the card name in either the Spellbook or Card List table.

To close a preview click on the name again.

In the Card List table you can filter the number of cards shown by entering in text in the fields at the bottom of the table. Each field will filter the cards based on your criteria as it is applied to that column. So if you want to find all the Holy Warriors then you would enter "Holy" in the School filter field and then "soldier" in the Subtype filter field.

You can also use the search field at the top of each table to filter the tables based on data in every field.

To save your spellbook select "Save" from the "Spellbook" menu. This will save a file called <spellbook name>.sbb to your Downloads folder or wherever you have your browser set to save files. On the Mac using Safari you will get a file with an added .text extension. This is a "feature" in Safari.

To load a file select "Load..." from the "Spellbook" menu. From the resulting dialog select your .sbb file and it will clear your current spellbook and load the new one.

To export the spellbook to another format select that format from the "Export" menu. The file (either .xml, .csv or .txt) will be saved in your Downloads folder or wherever you have your browser set to save files.

• Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
Arcane Wonders Web Guy
Problem with the forums or website?

Send me a PM

Words to live by: I commit strongly to defending my wand.   Precisely so that I don't lose it.