April 28, 2024, 05:13:12 AM

Author Topic: Dwarf Panzergaurde  (Read 3818 times)

Apethemin

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Dwarf Panzergaurde
« on: October 02, 2013, 12:48:30 PM »
I was just wondering if your dwarf was on guard and avoided an attack with his defense would his guard marker be lost or does he stay on guard until an attack is actually rolled against him?

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Panzergaurde
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 01:58:05 PM »
Guard Markers are removed when the creature is targeted by a melee attack, regardless of if the attack resolves or not.  So he loses his guard token when he is targeted, then attempts his defense roll and so on from then on.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 02:37:10 PM »
Guard Markers are removed when the creature is targeted by a melee attack, regardless of if the attack resolves or not.  So he loses his guard token when he is targeted, then attempts his defense roll and so on from then on.

8) QFT  8)
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Apethemin

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 02:52:15 PM »
Ahh I see it now, Thank you for the clarification. Also found out he could counterstrike even after the defense so that's exciting for me!

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 07:48:29 PM »
Note - another way to lose a guard marker is to use the Intercept trait to become the new target for a ranged attack. Regardless of your defense, your guard using that trait would lose its guard marker.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 07:20:05 AM by wtcannonjr »
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin