April 25, 2024, 12:07:15 AM

Author Topic: Joke expansions!  (Read 11975 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Joke expansions!
« on: September 22, 2013, 03:25:43 PM »
I think there should eventually be some joke expansions and that they should be balanced with each other but not with the regular game.

Here are my ideas for expansions:

-the Musician vs the Politician
-the Athlete vs the Nerd
-the Grammar Nazi vs the Redneck
-The Alpha versus the Count
-the Doctor vs the Pharmacist vs the Patient vs the Lawyer vs the Lawyer

What do you think? Would you also like joke expansions, and if so, would you want Joke expansions to be balanced, or ridiculously broken? Are there any "mages" you think I'm missing here?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 07:21:58 PM by Imaginator »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

DarthDadaD20

• Dark Father of Random Occurrence/TeamRocket Grunt
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 14
    • View Profile
Re: Joke expansions!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 07:56:35 AM »
Going to have a hard time keeping this one P.C.

The Student Vs. The Student Loans

The Student Vs. The Homework

The Liver Vs. The Captain (Morgan)

The Teeth Vs. The Hillbilly

The Video Vs. The Radio Star

The Speaker Vs. The Time Allotted

The PC Vs. The Mac

The Freedom Vs. The SOPA

I dont know where I am going with this anymore!!  ;D

Where does my greatest enemy lie?
It has been around since the dawn of time,
it follows your loved ones as well as mine,
takes the form of a mountain as well as a flower,
it cannot be outrun by the greatest of power.
Within Shad0w.

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 10:14:34 AM »
It seems that the only expansions you listed that would have two playable mages are radio star vs video star and pc vs mac. The former doesn't sound as funny as "musician vs politician," and for the latter we would need permission from Microsoft and apple.

How would you play as student loans,  homework, teeth or the time allotted? Also if someone kills their liver they are dead too, I don't get the whole "liver v captain" Freedom v SOPA? SOPA and freedom are concepts and therefore cannot be moved around the arena without paper, computers or human brains to store it on.

Why not make it "big business v real person"?
SOPA could be an incantation in BB's spellbook designed to make real person be restrained for casting "copyrighted" spells. Since the head of the big business is living too comfortably to want to enter the arena himself(or herself), you place a camera marker in the arena instead of an actual mage card.
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

DarthDadaD20

• Dark Father of Random Occurrence/TeamRocket Grunt
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 07:49:43 PM »
Umm......I didn't put that much thought into it  :o

And Im not going to.  ;D
It has been around since the dawn of time,
it follows your loved ones as well as mine,
takes the form of a mountain as well as a flower,
it cannot be outrun by the greatest of power.
Within Shad0w.

Gregstrom

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 05:57:51 PM »
Dowser vs. Medium!  Featuring the Forked Stick two-handed item that attacks for 1 die and reduces casting cost for Geyser by 1 mana, and the Rigged Table (autonomous item, makes random knocking sounds and allows the Mage to produce ectoplasm)!

It's a sure-fire winner.

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 08:29:26 PM »
Internet Troll vs everyone else could make a good 1v3 multiplayer expansion.

Also some holiday themed ones:

Valentine's vs Patrick's (imagine a love sick Cupid chasing after a leprechaun who disappears every time the Cupid blinks.)

Wine vs Beer (new years)

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2015, 12:18:22 AM »
I just thought of a good one. Tooth Faerie vs Santa Clause.

If this ever becomes a thing, we'll finally know what the tooth faerie does with all the teeth she collects. She could have spells with the "dental" subtype", like a curse incantation called "Cavity" that gives the rot condition. Also, she could summon dental molds to fight for her, and her weapons of choice would be the floss-whip and the tooth mace (basically a toothbrush weapon that moves rot conditions from the target to itself. Also she might have an incantation called "steal tooth" which makes a ranged attack with 2-5 chance of snatch and a 6+ chance of deducting 1 life from the target to cast a dental spell.

Since this is etheria, santa doesn't use elves. Elves are too proud to serve him. Instead the Etherian Santa Clause hires goblin builders to make toys. The toys are all conjurations. They have a variety of abilities and effects. Goblin builders can also repair toys. Also, if more toys get destroyed than the number of days until christmas eve, than Santa automatically loses. Toys target the zone when cast, but can be "picked up" to be attached to a creature.

What do you think?

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2015, 09:48:21 AM »
If you've read Nickolas St. North and the Battle of the Nightmare King you know that the elves don't make the toys, the toys are made by Yetis. :)

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Joke expansions!
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2016, 09:07:01 PM »
I just thought of two more!

Fruits vs Veggies!

This one could feature a young Druid staring at her plate looking indecisive.

Cat vs Dog!
Same thing as the first one, but instead with a beastmaster who's pointing at a dog and saying "That one!" while a cat growls at him.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 09:11:00 PM by Sailor Vulcan »