April 24, 2024, 05:35:03 AM

Author Topic: Kumanjaro starter spellbooks  (Read 4763 times)

Hashmael

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Kumanjaro starter spellbooks
« on: September 17, 2013, 11:22:11 PM »
I apologize if this has been discussed, I searched online and on the forums and failed to find anything.

It seems as though to make the Johktari BM and the Priest, you are required to take cards out of the current Beastmaster and Priestess spellbooks. Am I correct in this?
I purchased the base game, both spell tomes 1 and 2, Forcemaster vs Warlord and Quest for Kumanjaro. I built all the starter decks without issue until I hit the Kumanjaro expansion. If this is the case, I'll probably just remedy it by buying another base set, I just wanted to clarify before I did.

Here's a list of the cards that would be missing if you had every starter book already built.
Johktari - (1) Mana Flower, (2) Tanglevine.   (3) Feral Bobcat, (1) Tunderdrift Falcon, (1) Timber Wolf
Priest - (1) Staff of Asyra.  (2) Mana Flower.  (1) Asyran Cleric, (1) Knight of Westerlock.  (1) Divine Protection, (1) Rhino Hide.   (2) Dissolve, (1) Heal.

Hashmael

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Kumanjaro starter spellbooks
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 06:39:45 AM »
Maybe I'm the only noob that still has his starter spellbooks intact? hahaha. =P

Master Ruprecht

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 06:55:28 AM »
no, sadly you are correct. I also keep the starter spellbooks to give new players the opportunity to try the game before they buy it (...and I KNOW they will buy it)...   ;)

One samll point though: It seems you haven't adjusted the new Beastmaster, which is supposed to field another Thunderdrift Falcon instead of one of the Feral Bobcats, making it two less than necessary for both of them.

By the way, I would love to have the opportunity to buy the starter spellbooks alone, so I can keep my "support books for newbies" and still use all of the cards my my own builds without to much of an investment.  8)

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 11:45:37 AM »
I have 1 copy of all the starter books for every mage that is out. I teach so much it is good to have on hand
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

diceman

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 10:01:37 AM »
Just wanted to be clear about one thing: assuming that I don't care about keeping all the other Starter-Books intact, will the Core-Set and the Kumanjaro-Expansion be sufficient to build both Pre-Made Spellbooks of the Beastmistress and the Priest? If not, which (and how many) Spell-Tome-Addons will be needed to build them?

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 10:22:35 AM »
Just off the top of my head, I know that it will not. Without looking at anything, I can tell you that the Priest requires 2 copies of the Staff of Asyra and the core set only provides one. I'll have to take a gander at the starter books and the spell lists in order to answer your other question though.

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 10:34:23 AM »
Quick look through shows you'd be missing at least these spells:
1x Staff of Asyra
1x Storm Drake Hide
1x Selesius, the East Wind
1x Falcon Precision
1x Sniper Shot

You could get these spells by purchasing one copy of Forcemaster vs Warlord and one copy of the Core Spell Tome #2.

diceman

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 02:42:21 PM »
Thanks!
I was planning to buy the Core Spell Tomes anyway. Concerning the other expansions, though, I'm gonna wait until they've been translated into german. Actually the Pegasus-publisher did a pretty good job on the localization: all the errata'd cards are up to date in the german edition, and some of the extra infos/charts from the FAQ have been included in the rulebook as well.