April 28, 2024, 07:10:35 PM

Author Topic: Sweeping, Battle fury and melee +X  (Read 13064 times)

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
Re: Sweeping, Battle fury and melee +X
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2013, 04:07:47 PM »
The quoted passage was written before the nerf (FAQ was last updated March 4, 2013).

I can't answer why it hasn't been updated yet, but they have said an update is coming soon.

diceman

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2013, 04:24:02 PM »
Uuh thanks, that was a rather easy answer.
You just saved me another hour of senseless brooding over obsolete rules. ;)

Now, as I have understood it, BATTLE FURY just applys another Strike to a normal attack-sequence. So a normal Attack would become a Double-Strike, a Triple-Strike would become a Quad-Strike.

And a Creature with unlimited Defence-Trait may defend against each strike of a multiple-strike-attack, whereas a single-Defence may choose only ONCE, when to defend, right? Or do I always have to apply Single-Defence on the first Strike of an Attack-Sequence?

Thanks again.  :)

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2013, 04:38:58 PM »
Not entirely. There is a timing issue that you are missing. The extra attack from Battle Fury "counts as part of the same attack action" however it occurs "at the end of that attack action".

What this means is that with Double Strike and Triple Strike, you perform those during Step 5: Additional Strikes in Combat, which occurs before Counter Strikes and Damage Barriers. The attack from Battle Fury would happen in Step 8: Attack Ends. This allows counterstrikes and damage barriers to hit back first.

The rest of your post is completely correct. Unlimited Defense can be used against all of the attacks, while a single-use Defense could only be applied once (to whichever attack the defender chooses).

diceman

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2013, 04:45:48 PM »
All right, I didn't consider the timing-issue. And thanks again for your patient explanation; slowly but surely it'll all comes together. :)

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2013, 05:23:13 PM »
My pleasure. I'm a rules lawyer by nature, so it's nice to have an outlet for that tendency that doesn't aggravate people like it does in my role playing games, lol. Plus, I'm starting a Banana Sticker Collection.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2013, 01:45:13 PM »
Uuh thanks, that was a rather easy answer.
You just saved me another hour of senseless brooding over obsolete rules. ;)

Now, as I have understood it, BATTLE FURY just applys another Strike to a normal attack-sequence. So a normal Attack would become a Double-Strike, a Triple-Strike would become a Quad-Strike.

And a Creature with unlimited Defence-Trait may defend against each strike of a multiple-strike-attack, whereas a single-Defence may choose only ONCE, when to defend, right? Or do I always have to apply Single-Defence on the first Strike of an Attack-Sequence?

Thanks again.  :)
Problem is currently that answer is yes and no at the same time. It is clear as mud I understand that. The way it is being ruled is Battle Fury does not get the bonus but it is not an extra strike last I heard. "this may be different now busy testing next set  :P
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage