April 29, 2024, 08:58:11 AM

Author Topic: DvN rules questions  (Read 276650 times)

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: DvN rules questions
« Reply #90 on: October 07, 2013, 01:10:31 PM »
Good job Baron and Kharhaz
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 08, 2013, 02:24:20 AM »
Also vine markers are not considered creatures. Though stated as 'alive' they must be labeled creature to get any creature specific buffs.

Etherian life tree buffs living conjurations as well.....

Uremir

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2013, 08:32:44 PM »
Since all of the plants have hydro immunity, does that mean we won't be able to use water spells to extinguish any burn debuffs on our plants?  The rules for immunity state that the object with immunity cannot be targeted or affected by any spell of that type.

Example: My Vine Tree was targeted by a Fireball and now has a single burn marker on it.  I consider casting Geyser to remove this pesky burn token, but I realize that I cannot because the Vine Tree has hydro immunity and cannot be targeted by my Geyser spell.

Is this the intended interaction between the spells? Quite simply, it seems odd that I would not be able to "water" my plants.  Thanks in advance!

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 29, 2013, 12:39:34 AM »
Since all of the plants have hydro immunity, does that mean we won't be able to use water spells to extinguish any burn debuffs on our plants?  The rules for immunity state that the object with immunity cannot be targeted or affected by any spell of that type.

Example: My Vine Tree was targeted by a Fireball and now has a single burn marker on it.  I consider casting Geyser to remove this pesky burn token, but I realize that I cannot because the Vine Tree has hydro immunity and cannot be targeted by my Geyser spell.

Is this the intended interaction between the spells? Quite simply, it seems odd that I would not be able to "water" my plants.  Thanks in advance!

You'll want to take a look at the new FAQ coming out soon. I'm fairly certain this is covered.

Wiz-Pig

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 29, 2013, 08:10:38 AM »

I don't think it's the intended interaction per se, but they are sticking by their guns and working around the issue with other spells designed to address burn markers on plants.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 29, 2013, 09:58:22 AM »
Yes I saw it in the FAQ.  8)

Can not talk about it till the final wording is chosen.  :-X
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

HomelessJoe

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 31, 2013, 06:48:06 PM »
If Shaggoth consumes/obliterates a plague zombie, will all living creatures in zone still receive a rot condition?

lettucemode

« Reply #97 on: October 31, 2013, 09:00:03 PM »
IIRC part of the definition of Obliterate is that any effects whose source is the obliterated creature or things attached to it do not trigger. So no, they would not get the rot condition. SGZ still gets his growth marker though, and the graveyard still gets its mana, because those effects aren't sourced from the creature.

HomelessJoe

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 31, 2013, 10:18:13 PM »
Thanks dude. Would have been a cool way to build Shaggoth up. But also a bit op.

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #99 on: November 07, 2013, 05:47:00 PM »
The new published Codex for DvN doesn't specify how Snatch works through a wall with Passage Attack.

Is there no mana cost to Snatch a creature through a Bloodspine Wall or can this not be done?
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 07, 2013, 09:19:04 PM »
I see nothing preventing you from doing it. No mana necessary.

Kharhaz

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 07, 2013, 09:38:02 PM »
The new published Codex for DvN doesn't specify how Snatch works through a wall with Passage Attack.

Is there no mana cost to Snatch a creature through a Bloodspine Wall or can this not be done?

It is a push effect if I remember correctly, and follows all the rules as per codex / FAQ

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 08, 2013, 12:04:18 AM »
Quote from: Kharhaz
It is a push effect if I remember correctly, and follows all the rules as per codex / FAQ

Exactly, and there's nothing that says you have to pay extra mana to push something through a wall. Except for a couple of specific spells, but that's in regards to those spells, not the push effect in general.

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 12, 2013, 06:26:40 AM »
I assume that Ravenous Ghoul will not be able to feast in a zone where only a REANIMATED creature(s) has died.

Reanimate happens as soon as the creature recieves the death blow, and the card is taken from the discard pile and put into play face down. Since the creature is no longer in a discard pile when the ghoul is activated i assume the above.

Agree / disagree?

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 12, 2013, 06:48:46 AM »
Quote from: Ravenous Ghoul
as a quick action it may take that creature from its discard pile and remove it from the game to gain a Growth marker.

Quote from: Codex for Reanimate
If this creature is destroyed, it is moved from the discard pile to the zone it was just destroyed in, and placed face down in that zone, with a face-down action marker on it. This creature is considered temporarily out of play.

Quote from: New Rules
When an object is removed from the game, unless an ability or effect specifically says otherwise, it is beyond the reach of any effect or ability in the game, and has no effect on anything in the game.

Reading the above text I think it is pretty clear that your assumption is correct. The ravenous ghoul can not feast because the creature is currently removed from play.