April 29, 2024, 10:53:13 AM

Author Topic: DvN rules questions  (Read 276662 times)

Charmyna

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Dark Destroyer
    • View Profile
Re: DvN ruels questions
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2013, 03:47:02 AM »
Can you teleport rooted trees? They are still creatures (so no conjuration). Therefore, I guess u can unless the rule for rooted says something else.

Stormmaster

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2013, 07:30:51 AM »
Can vines spread under walls?  I see that you still need LoS to cast a spell in the vine's zone so if the vine is behind a wall you can't cast a vine spell in that zone, even if you are adjacent to it, but can you put a vine in there or do you need LOS to spread the vine to the adjacent zone?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 07:46:39 AM by Stormmaster »

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2013, 07:43:54 AM »
Can you teleport rooted trees? They are still creatures (so no conjuration). Therefore, I guess u can unless the rule for rooted says something else.

Have not seen the final wording on rooted but last I saw the could be teleported
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2013, 07:45:38 AM »
Can vines spread under walls?  So if the mage is hiding behind a wall and you have a vine marker adjacent to their zone you can spread the vine behind the wall and then cast a spell inside their zone?

the vine can spread, but casting in a zone with a vine can be done from any range. LOS is still required.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2013, 07:47:06 AM »
Can vines spread under walls?  So if the mage is hiding behind a wall and you have a vine marker adjacent to their zone you can spread the vine behind the wall and then cast a spell inside their zone?

the vine can spread, but casting in a zone with a vine can be done from any range. LOS is still required.

Are you referring to vine placement or summon from vine?

During deployment phase you may place a vine maker in a zone.
This does not say it requires LoS. So yes, you ignore walls when placing vines. (Have not see the final rules but this is how it was play tested
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 07:49:35 AM by Shad0w »
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2013, 07:53:08 AM »
Spreading Vines
Life springs up in the footsteps of the Druid. Each Deployment Phase, the Druid may place a new Vine marker in her zone.  Or, she may instead place that marker in a zone, or adjacent to a zone, containing a Vine marker she controls. The Druid, and her spawnpoints and familiars, can use her Vine markers to extend the range of vine spells they cast.  See “Vine Markers” in the codex.

Thanks laddin this will help

DarthDadaD20

• Dark Father of Random Occurrence/TeamRocket Grunt
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2013, 08:10:47 AM »

During deployment phase you may place a vine maker in a zone.
This does not say it requires LoS. So yes, you ignore walls when placing vines. (Have not see the final rules but this is how it was play tested

Makes for some of the most interesting options and climatic phases I have ever played in any game....EVER!

You really have to keep an eye on that Druid- Equip a weedwacker if you can. 
Where does my greatest enemy lie?
It has been around since the dawn of time,
it follows your loved ones as well as mine,
takes the form of a mountain as well as a flower,
it cannot be outrun by the greatest of power.
Where does my greatest enemy lie?
Within Shad0w.

Stormmaster

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2013, 08:34:20 AM »
Ya I had edited my question.

I see the vines can spread without Line of Sight.
But to cast from the vine you need Line of Sight to the vine.

Thanks.

Just trying to make sure I fully understand all the rules so as soon as I get the game I can jump right in and play right away!  Very much looking forward to it.  Preorders done.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2013, 09:02:03 AM »
In my games with Bryan, I was normally the Druid. She excites me quite a bit too!

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2013, 09:51:44 PM »
Dead creatures, enchantments, and control: Ziggurat of Undeath vs. Rise Again.

My opponent has initiative. My creature, enchanted with Rise Again which I control, is killed by an opponent's Zombie while the Zombie's controller also controls Ziggurat of Undeath.

Who gets to raise the creature?
I can take the fun out of anything. It's true; here, look at this spreadsheet.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2013, 10:00:19 PM »
On simultaneous action like that I believe initiative wins. Though I don't have all my rules in front of me right now.

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2013, 12:07:19 PM »
After some more research, it looks like control of the creature only matters for resolution order during the upkeep.

I currently can't think of any way this would happen during the upkeep, so the answer does look to be that Initiative Wins.

What made me ask was the thought that since the creature was dead, it wasn't clear who the controller was, so if that mattered things might get more involved. Turns out, no, not unless there are more ways to raise the dead that can trigger during the upkeep.
I can take the fun out of anything. It's true; here, look at this spreadsheet.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2013, 06:55:17 PM »
I would rule that the player with initiative chooses what effect to resolve.

HomelessJoe

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2013, 11:17:28 AM »
First I apologize if this question has been previously addressed. I tried to find the answer before posting, but could not.

1) Does poison effect plants/vines like normal? Without the poison immunity listed on the creature card or Druid's card I'm assuming it does but wanted to double check. I would be hard pressed to find a reason why thematically they wouldn't be.

2) If plants/vines are harmed by poison, and the druid's vines are only 1hp with any damage killing them, if I were to bring out 'Idol of Pestilence' would that destroy every 1hp vine on the board?

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2013, 11:39:23 AM »
2) If plants/vines are harmed by poison, and the druid's vines are only 1hp with any damage killing them, if I were to bring out 'Idol of Pestilence' would that destroy every 1hp vine on the board?

Nice thought!
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest