April 24, 2024, 09:03:11 AM

Author Topic: Piercing +X  (Read 3127 times)

reddawn

• Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
Piercing +X
« on: August 23, 2013, 03:50:36 AM »
Does this trait function the same as Melee +X?
  • Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock

aquestrion

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Piercing +X
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 04:32:26 AM »
I believe that it stacks and that only if the card specifically states "the next time" then it only effects the first time.. ice grizzley has plus one if I play piercing strike then he has plus 4. If I use it on FM with galvitar only the first strike gets it... I think

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 06:06:49 AM »
I believe that it stacks and that only if the card specifically states "the next time" then it only effects the first time.. ice grizzley has plus one if I play piercing strike then he has plus 4. If I use it on FM with galvitar only the first strike gets it... I think

Correct it applies for all attacks unless otherwise stated.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

reddawn

• Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 12:36:14 PM »
So, say for example I used the Sacrificial Altar to destroy a level 3 creature and give my Warlock Melee +3 and Piercing +3 until the end of the round, and also used a Battle Fury that round...basically, I wouldn't get the Melee +3 bonus for the second attack but I would keep the Piercing +3 bonus, since Altar specifies "until end of round?" 

• Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 01:17:47 PM »
So, say for example I used the Sacrificial Altar to destroy a level 3 creature and give my Warlock Melee +3 and Piercing +3 until the end of the round, and also used a Battle Fury that round...basically, I wouldn't get the Melee +3 bonus for the second attack but I would keep the Piercing +3 bonus, since Altar specifies "until end of round?"

Yup
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

aquestrion

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2013, 03:00:22 PM »
Piercing takes away armour for that attack that it is in effect so the card piercing strike uses the "the next time" rule .... I thought I could kill IRON GOLEMS with ease using FM and thought spore spam casting Piercing strike but my friend pointed it out to me...almost every other ability gives it until end of round.