April 27, 2024, 06:01:22 PM

Author Topic: Druid vs Necro Spoilers  (Read 610220 times)

Bishop084

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Druid vs Necro Spoilers
« Reply #555 on: October 31, 2013, 04:59:55 PM »
Mage Wars posted a link to an unboxing video on their Facebook page. I'm gonna write down all the new cards I see in the video here.
Viewship Staff
7 mana, Equipment, One-handed, 0-2, targets Mage, Nature level 2, Vine subtype. Druid Only.
Quick attack, melee, 4 dice, Reach.
As a quick spell, you may spend 1 mana to place a Vine marker in a target zone up to 1 zone away. Once per round, as a quick spell, you may pay 4 mana and destroy a target friendly Vine marker up to 2 zones away to give a target non-Flying creature in that zone the Stuck condition.

Yeah, he said "Viewship" Staff, whatever the heck that is. The card clearly says "Vinewhip" Staff.

lettucemode

« Reply #556 on: October 31, 2013, 05:31:37 PM »
You know, I thought that it was a weird name..haha

Qube

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: October 31, 2013, 06:23:40 PM »
The raptor vine seems like a beast.  5 dice quick attack with vampirism and regen?!  Whaaaaat?

HomelessJoe

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: November 01, 2013, 12:45:15 AM »
Shame about the Necro's staff. I'll more than likely just equip Libro Mortuos and incantation wand. Of course i'll play around with it, but in it's vacuumed state I'm not seeing need to even put in book.  The 8+ rot is too risky to waste an action vs the always useful wand. The quick action Melee +1 with range 0-1 and 2 mana cost is unlikely to make it worth the points unless you specifically played to the staff by hording zombies in the same zone. Generally not a great idea because of area effect spells. Of course I could be totally off the mark, but so far imo the Necro isn't a front line (warlord style) fighter. In most games i'll position my mage defensively while allowing creatures and poisons to rack up. Therefore the +1 melee would become very situational. I bet it's better in a rush skeleton (due to no lumbering) build.

Now the Druid's staff is something different entirely. Only a level 2 compared to Necro's Level 3, 1 less mana , equal dice to necros, the awesome reach factor (vs heavy flying builds), and the awesome 4 mana vine stuck condition. A perfect answer to big creature builds. 
Especially useful because unlike Necro I can envision her as a very good tank, Barkskin (4 mana cantrip, come on!!!) mixed with regen belt and a regrowth enchantment and she is healing 6 hp each round automatically. That's impressive.

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: November 01, 2013, 01:07:47 AM »
Regenerate doesn't stack. Still, you can use the Treebond to effectively increase her Regeneration, so she should still be incredibly tough.

I'm mostly envisioning Stranglethorn as a card for the Druid to use after inflicting Stuck a few times and maybe used a few Tanglevines. I would hold off on casting it until I'd baited a few Teleports.

I'm not sure whether I'll want my Necromancer to focus on zombies or skeletons. I like Zombie Brutes, but I'm not sure about the rest of them yet. Skeletons seem okay, but Mort looks amazing.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: November 01, 2013, 04:50:04 AM »
Regenerate doesn't stack. Still, you can use the Treebond to effectively increase her Regeneration, so she should still be incredibly tough.

I'm mostly envisioning Stranglethorn as a card for the Druid to use after inflicting Stuck a few times and maybe used a few Tanglevines. I would hold off on casting it until I'd baited a few Teleports.

I'm not sure whether I'll want my Necromancer to focus on zombies or skeletons. I like Zombie Brutes, but I'm not sure about the rest of them yet. Skeletons seem okay, but Mort looks amazing.

Do Mort regen himself? 

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: November 01, 2013, 06:25:25 AM »
After i have given it some thought i want to try to answer my own question.

Looking at the text on standard bearer it says other friendly creatures gain.

The Text on Mort is friendly creatures.

I believe he will regenerate/rebuild himself.

The text for the Priests ability supports this as well with who attack and damage another friendly creature
So the holy avenger will not recieve the bonus vs enemies who damaged the avenger.

fas723

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: November 01, 2013, 09:30:34 AM »
Anyone who saw the bone dragon? Or have they removed him (her?)?

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: November 01, 2013, 09:47:01 AM »
Anyone who saw the bone dragon? Or have they removed him (her?)?
I asked this the other day, and Shadow said that they didn't have enough time to play test him and as a result, he didn't make it into the release. I know, much sadness!
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: November 01, 2013, 10:13:01 AM »
After carefully reviewing the unboxing video yesterday we really got a burst of previously unseen and un-spoiled cards! Somebody aptly put it yesterday, from famine to feast!

Mohktari and Stranglevine (Conjuration)
Wall of Bones (Conjuration-Wall)
Deathfang, Mort, Plague Zombie, Tataree, Thornlasher, Venomous Zombie, and Zombie Crawler(Creature)
Deathshroud Staff, Veterans Belt, and Vinewhip Staff (Equipment)
Burst of Thorns, Reassemble, Renewing Rain, Unholy Resurgence, and Zombie Frenzy (Incantation)

Only need to see 3 cards now!

HomelessJoe

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: November 01, 2013, 11:10:44 AM »
I hope Mort regenerates himself as well. The Druid certainly has a leg up with her regenerating creatures. This will give me much more incentive to think about skeleton builds.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: November 01, 2013, 11:50:53 AM »
I hope Mort regenerates himself as well. The Druid certainly has a leg up with her regenerating creatures. This will give me much more incentive to think about skeleton builds.
Mort's text reads:

Each Upkeep Phase, each friendly skeleton object, in or bordering Mort's zone, may Reconstruct up to 2 damage.

Since Mort's Subtype also includes Skeleton, I would classify him as a friendly skeleton object and may Reconstruct up to 2 damage.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: November 01, 2013, 12:09:13 PM »
Mort does reconstruct himself.

HomelessJoe

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: November 01, 2013, 12:13:45 PM »
Well there you go. Thanks for quick clarification.

ijw473

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: November 01, 2013, 12:44:00 PM »
Since I saw him yesterday I’ve been thinking about how to make a skeleton build viable.  I hope Mort is ready to get his face pounded repeatedly, because it is going to be a hobby for folks once they see him on the board.  I think he only makes it in the deck for a skeleton build and he will be the centerpiece of any such build.

Skeleton Knights + Skeleton Archers + Mort In The Middle running for his life… might be effective.  Move forward in a sort of cross.

One problem I see with such a build is that Mort doesn’t look too difficult to kill off.  His life is nice, 13, but one armor and no defense is sort of squishy for a deck centerpiece.  Perhaps giving him an intercept friend – the obnoxious dwarf defender or the gargoyle – would be ideal.  But six points + the mana is a steep price.

Heh, maybe we could make a Mort Fort.  He’ll reconstruct the bone walls, right?