April 27, 2024, 03:38:24 PM

Author Topic: Druid vs Necro Spoilers  (Read 610202 times)

HomelessJoe

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Druid vs Necro Spoilers
« Reply #510 on: October 29, 2013, 06:32:08 PM »
Hahahah yeah it's been previously spoiled, so i'm sure that's why no buzz, but truth be told I was just biding my time until all this Tree talk went away.

Unstable zombie is very cool. I really appreciate that the developers didn't play it safe making all the zombies the same. It really feels that each class has it's own identity. Unstable zombie is such a cool name. He instantly reminded me of the ooze zombie in Return of the living dead (1985). I love his versatility. I could have done without the 'pest' but with everything you give and take. Of course they are not better than the brutes, but they are the next best thing for sure. Level 2 and low mana cost, you can get a few of these out in no time. They get to use the non lumbering to make their way quickly to battle, they get to pierce +3, and when they get low on health they can heal up. Combined with resiliency that's pretty awesome.

So.... Correct me if i'm wrong but have we seen any form of ranged creature for Necro? Hopefully some skeleton archers. Also no flying so far. Though the dragon will probably cover that. I was hoping for a low level flying undead. Of course I can use darkfene's but idol of pestilence is going to kill them in a few rounds. Oh well, can't have it all.

It's funny, I know the moment I finally get my copy and I finish looking through all the cards, i'll be daydreaming once again about what the Necro will get in further expansions.

Qube

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: October 29, 2013, 06:44:39 PM »
I like the look of this unstable zombie.  The ability to reconstruct itself is going to make it a very unattractive target.  Hits like a sissy though... but several of them could potentially sissy slap the opposing mage into an early grave.

Pods are just cooler than vines IMO.  My first druid will most likely be a samara bonded pod tosser.

I saw a skeleton archer somewhere.  4 dice ranged attack... if memory serves.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 06:48:54 PM by Qube »

Aylin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: October 29, 2013, 08:29:54 PM »
Yet the chat is about that delayed pyramid mana generator that is Samara Tree with its sprout anywhere mechanic. Hello, there is a zombie elephant in the room!

Yeah, but the Samara tree is more mathematically interesting.  :P

aquestrion

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: October 30, 2013, 02:05:13 AM »
Turn 1 cast Samara tree and a pod that's 10 manager add in a tree bond and you channel 10 so turn 2, 19 tree saves 1 pod a gains 1 Samara tree cast 1 (17) you cast 2 (11) turn three pod a 2 mana. 3 pod b have 1 mana you have 21 tree cast a pod (19) you cast nothing/something. turn 4 pod a can crack 3 pod b have 2 mana 1 pod c has 1 mana. Tree cast pod d (27) pod a cracks into 2 walls (20) mage does nothing ... fun toolbox mage if you cast enough pods up front to spread them out so hyper mages can't touch this. Plus can trip! If they get too close cast walls or tele trap

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: October 30, 2013, 03:55:15 AM »
In the downloads they have a card list for Druid vs Necro. It looks like we'll finally start seeing more promos released than just Galador. Stumble, Meditation Amulet, and Wand of Healing will get released with this set according to the card list.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: October 30, 2013, 05:07:37 AM »
In the downloads they have a card list for Druid vs Necro. It looks like we'll finally start seeing more promos released than just Galador. Stumble, Meditation Amulet, and Wand of Healing will get released with this set according to the card list.

muhahahhaha meditation amulet!!!

cant wait. Epic battles gonna be fought with this card released.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: October 30, 2013, 09:12:09 AM »
Thanks for the heads up! Most surprisingly Sardonyx, Blight of the Living is not in the set.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: October 30, 2013, 09:23:56 AM »
Thanks for the heads up! Most surprisingly Sardonyx, Blight of the Living is not in the set.

We did not have enough time to fully test Sardonyx so it did not make the cut.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: October 30, 2013, 09:42:06 AM »
Had I waited another day I could of closed this out. With the release of the spell list I now have everything needed to flesh this list out. Once again these numbers are new cards only not previously release cards or Promo's.

Attack = 1 (5) [3]
Conjurations = 13 (8 ) [13]
Creatures = 24 (16) [24]
Enchantments = 2 (9) [4]
Equipment = 8 (11) [7]
Incantations = 8 (10) [4]
Walls = 2 (1) [2]

So we now have seen 41 of the 56 cards to be spoiled (it appears that they include the Mage and Mage Abilty card in this count). We have seen 4 creatures and 1 Incantation that have not been officially spoiled so far.

So the nubmer on the left is the count for that type of spell, the second number is from the FvM release in parenthesis and in square brackets were my guess at the numbers for that spell Type in DvN release (though looking at t.

Other stats:

Promo's Released:
Stumble
Meditation Amulet
Wand of Healing

Core Cards:
Dispel
Dissolve
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 10:01:03 AM by sIKE »

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: October 30, 2013, 09:46:41 AM »
Another spoiler up on facebook

Cloak of Shadows

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: October 30, 2013, 09:50:42 AM »
Had I waited another day I could of closed this out. With the release of the spell list I now have everything needed to flesh this list out. Once again these numbers are new cards only not previously release cards or Promo's.

Attack = 1 (5) [3]
Conjurations = 13 (8) [13]
Creatures = 24 (16) [24]
Enchantments = 2 (9) [4]
Equipment = 8 (11) [7]
Incantations = 8 (10) [4]
Walls = 2 (1) [2]

So we now have seen 41 of the 56 cards to be spoiled (it appears that they include the Mage and Mage Abilty card in this count). We have seen 4 creatures and 1 Incantation that have not been officially spoiled so far.

So the nubmer on the left is the count for that type of spell, the second number is from the FvM release in parenthesis and in square brackets were my guess at the numbers for that spell Type in DvN release (though looking at t.

Other stats:

Promo's Released:
Stumble
Meditation Amulet
Wand of Healing

Core Cards:
Dispel
Dissolve

Where was the spell list posted?  Also, were there some more spoilers that I missed that weren't on Facebook?  From the way I'm reading your chart, there have been 8 Incantaions spoiled.  Is that right?  I don't remember seeing that many but maybe I've just forgotten.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: October 30, 2013, 10:06:04 AM »
Where was the spell list posted?  Also, were there some more spoilers that I missed that weren't on Facebook?  From the way I'm reading your chart, there have been 8 Incantaions spoiled.  Is that right?  I don't remember seeing that many but maybe I've just forgotten.

The Spell List is up on the MageWars.com Downloads page. No the spell cards have not all been spoiled, but the names of all of the spells and the associated spell type along with count for each card is there. I have taken that information and compiled it in my previous posting.

There were two more spoilers posted this morning on FB: Cloak of Shadows and Graveyard.

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: October 30, 2013, 10:21:02 AM »
Thank you sir!

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #523 on: October 30, 2013, 10:22:20 AM »
Cloak of Shadow: The anti-golem-pit cloak, for dark mage only.

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: October 30, 2013, 10:50:45 AM »
Do we know what the Obscuring trait does yet?