April 27, 2024, 08:31:36 AM

Author Topic: Druid vs Necro Spoilers  (Read 610158 times)

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
Re: Druid vs Necro Spoilers
« Reply #465 on: October 17, 2013, 02:53:47 PM »
It works quite well with graveyard though.

That is quite a nice synergy there. Through one of these out and use the graveyard to pull out a couple of bats that are then infected and die feeding the Graveyard. Nice cycle....and if the weak Ichthellid dies it goes back on the Graveyard.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: October 17, 2013, 03:27:16 PM »
Icthellid being undead means he can be an interesting pick for the Necromancer's Undying Servant.  It can spend its egg then when the Necro reanimates it, it brings new egg into play since it counts as a resummoning.

Or, attack your own friendly living creature.. put an egg in it, toss it away with sacrificial altar .. get a melee boost and another death-spider.

And of the larve is a poison condition, so the Necromancer can use plague master to deal direct damage every turn to speed up the hatching process too.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 03:30:10 PM by baronzaltor »

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: October 17, 2013, 03:34:18 PM »
Just blew my mind, wow how much all of this inter-twines just blows my mind! I need my copy!

HomelessJoe

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: October 17, 2013, 03:57:41 PM »
Baron, you just flipped this whole thing on its ear.  Larvae is a poison condition, enough said.

Also the eternal servant is interesting. It didn't even occur to me that it would get a new egg. That has potential.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: October 17, 2013, 05:47:20 PM »
Baron you go and spoil the fun. I wanted to use that trick at my DvN release tourney.  :P
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

HomelessJoe

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: October 17, 2013, 10:45:33 PM »
I am very interested in the Necro's "Cleric" Acolyte of the Bog Queen and Altar of Skulls and the interaction there.

One thing I just noticed about the Acolyte is that they are living creatures. I'm really hoping that they aren't the priests that can pray to the Altar of Skulls to unleash the toxin, otherwise it's a suicide mission. Anyway, just an observation.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: October 17, 2013, 11:17:25 PM »
I am very interested in the Necro's "Cleric" Acolyte of the Bog Queen and Altar of Skulls and the interaction there.

One thing I just noticed about the Acolyte is that they are living creatures. I'm really hoping that they aren't the priests that can pray to the Altar of Skulls to unleash the toxin, otherwise it's a suicide mission. Anyway, just an observation.

Can't make an omelet without cracking a few eggs...

But seriously, the Acolyte of the Bog Queen is meant to force tough decisions, both in book building and in gameplay. They can give quite a substantial boost to a necro, but they fall victim to many of his usual tricks, such as Idol of Pestilence. In the end, sacrificing a couple Acolytes to get the Altar of the Skull "Fully Operational" is more than worth it.

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: October 18, 2013, 12:22:08 AM »

Use Rise Again and just bring them back as Zombie Priests who now are non living and poison immune.  Their support abilities are full actions, so being slow isn't going to hamper them too much (they cant move and perform them anyway)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 12:25:24 AM by baronzaltor »

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: October 18, 2013, 01:56:34 AM »

Can't make an omelet without cracking a few eggs...

But seriously, the Acolyte of the Bog Queen is meant to force tough decisions, both in book building and in gameplay. They can give quite a substantial boost to a necro, but they fall victim to many of his usual tricks, such as Idol of Pestilence. In the end, sacrificing a couple Acolytes to get the Altar of the Skull "Fully Operational" is more than worth it.

did you remove the "once per round" from altar of skulls??? please say you did!

(once per round a friendly cleric in the same zone as altar of skull may use a full action to put a counter on altar)

HomelessJoe

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: October 18, 2013, 12:16:45 PM »

Use Rise Again and just bring them back as Zombie Priests who now are non living and poison immune.  Their support abilities are full actions, so being slow isn't going to hamper them too much (they cant move and perform them anyway)

JOIN US!!!!!!!!!!!!

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: October 22, 2013, 04:02:39 AM »
Here is an update on what I did a couple weeks ago. For those who are not keeping up and are interested with the DvN spoilers. Over the last 28 days we have seen 25 of the cards (not counting the mage cards). If you dig around a bit, you have seen 45% of the new cards in the set of 56 new cards. Spells broken down by Type:

Attack = 1 (5)
Conjurations = 7 (9)
Creatures = 13 (16)
Enchantments = 2 (9)
Equipment = 1 (11)
Incantations = 1 (10)

The last time I wrote this up, I put the numbers of each Type of Spell from the FvM release in parenthesis. This is so we can gauge where we are compared to the DvN release.

So looking where things stand as of today. We are getting close to the release of DvN and here is the break out as of today:

Attack = 1 (5) [3]
Conjurations = 9 (9) [13]
Creatures = 15 (16) [24]
Enchantments = 2 (9) [4]
Equipment = 2 (11) [8]
Incantations = 1 (10) [4]

I have added Square brackets this time. These are my guesses for the number for that spell Type in DvN. This is for new cards only, the Conjurations and Creatures, are a strong probable number, may go up by one but I doubt it. The others are more guesses than anything else, like for equipment there will be at least five pieces but I am guessing a bit more. The last three Attack/Enchantments/Incantations are purely a SWAG...

Braaaiinnnsss!!!!!

Hi Sike

Are these numbers up to date?

According to the frontpage on magewars.com the expansion will ship this week - so im really curius about how many cards are left to be discovered.

kr

edit: ship to retailers - release is estimated to be around 20th november.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 07:07:41 AM by jacksmack »

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: October 22, 2013, 08:00:54 AM »
Here are the updated numbers as of today. This past week we mainly have seen items that were seen before but not Officially Spoiled:

Attack = 1 (5) [3]
Conjurations = 9 (9) [13]
Creatures = 17 (16) [24]
Enchantments = 2 (9) [4]
Equipment = 2 (11) [8]
Incantations = 1 (10) [4]

So we now have seen 32 of the 56 cards to be spoiled. We are now seeing 6 a week. We have seen 6 creatures and 1 Incantation that have not been officially spoiled so far.

Once again, I put the numbers of each Type of Spell from the FvM release in parenthesis and in square brackets are my guesses for the number for that spell Type in DvN release.

Looks like we have a couple of more names of creatures (could be wrong) a Mutating Zombie and Mort who looks like a bada&%!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 12:42:22 AM by sIKE »

Phoenix

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: October 23, 2013, 04:19:47 PM »
where are these spoiled at?  all of them are not in the forum, nor are they all spoiled in the news tab.  Is there a thread that shows them all?

HomelessJoe

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: October 23, 2013, 04:29:02 PM »
Check Mage Wars facebook. Normally a spoiler every few days or so.

lettucemode

« Reply #479 on: October 25, 2013, 11:58:22 AM »
Two new spoilers up.

Death Ring is pretty sweet...costs 5 instead of the regular 2-3, but you can use it twice per round and it works on your spawnpoints too. Seems good enough that opponents will want to Dissolve it, hopefully the set comes with at least 2. With this and the spawnpoint book, I think the Necro will bring a new style of swarm strats to the game. I'm already planning out a skeleton book...

Bloodspine Wall is cool. Cheaper than Wall of Thorns and better for damage once the opponent has armor on. However it doesn't block sight. Still useful for annoyance and making it difficult for your opponent to reach you. When mass-cast from Seedling Pods, this card could really hamper the opponent's movement.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 12:01:56 PM by lettucemode »