April 28, 2024, 12:23:42 AM

Author Topic: Druid vs Necro Spoilers  (Read 610253 times)

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
Re: Druid vs Necro Spoilers
« Reply #330 on: October 05, 2013, 04:20:43 PM »
Current metagame? Useless. Future metagame? Totally unknown. Depends a lot on the balance of value between mana and actions.
I can take the fun out of anything. It's true; here, look at this spreadsheet.

HomelessJoe

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 05, 2013, 05:20:48 PM »
I'll take Deck's lead and wish for the best.

Wiz-Pig

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 05, 2013, 07:15:56 PM »
Possibly. However we do know a few things too, so we can speculate. First we know that this is more than likely the cheapest creature for the Necro.

Sure. To my knowledge the Goblin Grunt is the only 4 point creature released so far. However the Darkfenne bat is an already existing good 5 point option for Necro since rot is a poison effect.

Each mage has their own variation, with differing stats. Basically the grunt that can be spammed at very little cost. Except unlike the Beastmaster's fox who has fast, this creature has essentially nothing (accept the possible soldier enhancement).

I would not discount psychic immune, and non-living as nothing. He is immune to a lot of stuff including poison.

There is the Acolyte who can regen the skele, but that means your using two spell points just to have a decent one spell point creature. The reason why this is an instant pass (accept for the possible later reveal of this becoming better with the soldiering) is that with what we have seen thus far there are far better options. Just go zombie. With a few extra mana you can have a zombie who can infect and turn others, not to mention be useful for shaggoth if they are about to die. Acolyte is still useful for the zombies giving them +1 melee making it easier to increase your horde.

I agree with everything here except for your point about the Shaggoth. The skeletons can be used as 5 mana growth tokens potentially after they have attacked for the round.

And don't get me started on this being a simple one bite snack for Kralathor. I couldn't even imagine the fear I would experience if an opponent brought him out with multiple skeles on the board.

That true. Very bad combination here.

As an aside realized one other thing looking back at the cards: Skeletal Sentry who looks like a Solider, is named for a type of soldier and even attacks with a real weapon does not count as a soldier while this dweeb with no armor who attacks with a leg bone and is generically named minion gets the Soldier subtype. WTH?

HomelessJoe

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 05, 2013, 07:57:28 PM »
I appreciate the reply Wiz. Just as a heads up Shaggoth only consumes zombie undead for growth, excluding the skeles. Zombies also get bloodthirsty and resilient, which if used correctly are invaluable imo. I agree about the bats, the rot is nice. But, the fact that Idol of Pestilance, Poison Cloud and Alter of skulls would take those little guys out fairly quick would make me think twice. Zombie bats on the other hand would be a different matter. I'm crossing my fingers for a low cost undead creature with rot that I can use to zerg.

aquestrion

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 05, 2013, 08:59:43 PM »
I'm pretty sure bloodthirsty plus zero actually hurts them to choose who they attack

HomelessJoe

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 05, 2013, 09:22:09 PM »
Crap, your right, I thought it was +1

Wiz-Pig

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 05, 2013, 10:34:08 PM »
I appreciate the reply Wiz. Just as a heads up Shaggoth only consumes zombie undead for growth, excluding the skeles. Zombies also get bloodthirsty and resilient, which if used correctly are invaluable imo. I agree about the bats, the rot is nice. But, the fact that Idol of Pestilance, Poison Cloud and Alter of skulls would take those little guys out fairly quick would make me think twice. Zombie bats on the other hand would be a different matter. I'm crossing my fingers for a low cost undead creature with rot that I can use to zerg.

Good call on Shaggoth, so many finicky details in this game it's impossible to keep them all straight half the time. As for the bats not a problem that they are going to die, it's expected anyway with low level creatures. They only cost 3 mana to reanimate as Zombies and then Shaggoth can devour them.

Memnaelar

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 09, 2013, 05:49:16 PM »
Any thoughts on the Grey Wraith featured on the FB page currently?  Weak on 5+ is nice.

HomelessJoe

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 09, 2013, 06:16:19 PM »
I'm really excited about it. This isn't a new spoiler so I have had a bit to mull this guy over. First, artwork is awesome. Really conveys his mist like state. But yeah weak on 5+!!! Since weak is a poison condition I could see getting one or two out beginning game and just go around putting one weak marker on as many creatures as possible. You are either forcing your opponet to waste mana/ actions getting rid of those or accept weakened plus an additional 1 direct damage from your Necro each round. They work in poison build as well as Zombie horde build. Teleporting through walls is just an added bonus!

Memnaelar

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 09, 2013, 06:34:48 PM »
So does the wording "Teleport to an adjacent zone" in any way obviate the need for LOS?  My assumption was that it would not, but now I'm not entirely certain.

HomelessJoe

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 09, 2013, 06:38:53 PM »
For walls that do not block LOS, I think piked is an example then i'm pretty sure you can tele through. Walls that block LOS I assume normal rules apply.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 09, 2013, 06:55:56 PM »
For walls that do not block LOS, I think piked is an example then i'm pretty sure you can tele through. Walls that block LOS I assume normal rules apply.
A Teleport "subtype" in and of itself is not restricted by LOS the Teleport Incantation spell has restrictions placed on it by the text of the card. The Grey Wraith can teleport into an adjacent zone regardless of LOS, as per the text of the card.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

HomelessJoe

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 09, 2013, 07:06:11 PM »
Well there you go.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 09, 2013, 07:39:27 PM »
A Teleport "subtype" in and of itself is not restricted by LOS the Teleport Incantation spell has restrictions placed on it by the text of the card. The Grey Wraith can teleport into an adjacent zone regardless of LOS, as per the text of the card.

Somebody remembers all my posts on this. :P
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

IndyPendant

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 09, 2013, 07:46:49 PM »
Wait, so that arcane gremlin and this wraith can teleport through walls even if they block LoS?

...Did not know that.  Or expect that. ; )