April 28, 2024, 09:19:47 AM

Author Topic: Druid vs Necro Spoilers  (Read 610316 times)

fas723

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Druid vs Necro Spoilers
« Reply #300 on: September 29, 2013, 11:32:52 AM »
Nice table but it feels like this set will contain more creatures and less equipments.

fas723

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 29, 2013, 12:37:42 PM »
I also strongly believe that there will be a level 1 frost (water school) attack spell.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 29, 2013, 01:04:23 PM »
I agree I think we will see more creatures and conjurations this time around. I still think we will see more equipment. So each mage so far has a mage only signature ring, I wonder what the necro's ring will discount?
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Wiz-Pig

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 29, 2013, 04:10:42 PM »
I agree I think we will see more creatures and conjurations this time around. I still think we will see more equipment. So each mage so far has a mage only signature ring, I wonder what the necro's ring will discount?

Some possbilities:

Discount on summoning one of the following: Undead (in general... very unlikely), Zombies, Skeletons (my personal guess: "Ring of Bones")

Discount on spell of another subtype: Vampiric possibly?

Discount on Dark Conjurations: He does seems to have a lot of them that he wants to cast.

Wiz-Pig

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 30, 2013, 04:29:36 PM »

Plus: It's a mobile spawnpoint. That's pretty cool.
Minus: It can be dissolved, although that is the only way to destroy it.
Counter: You can sacrifice 3 life in order to recycle it and cast it again if you want.

Certainly interesting.

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 30, 2013, 04:39:24 PM »
Yeah...that's pretty awesome.  Yes, they can Dissolve it, but 10 mana is not cheap to be tossing out Dissolves, especially since you can bring it back.  I need some time to digest it, but I really like it at first glance.

One thing you never do with it though is Harmonize it, because then you can be assured they will Dissolve it.

Wiz-Pig

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 30, 2013, 05:10:00 PM »
Yeah...that's pretty awesome.  Yes, they can Dissolve it, but 10 mana is not cheap to be tossing out Dissolves, especially since you can bring it back.  I need some time to digest it, but I really like it at first glance.

One thing you never do with it though is Harmonize it, because then you can be assured they will Dissolve it.

Agreed. I realized that there is one other way to get rid of it: Steal Equipment; though I seriously doubt anyone would be willing to spend 20 mana to do so even in a Necro versus Necro matchup, unless of course it is Harmonized.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 30, 2013, 05:36:21 PM »
Carry a couple of Nullifies or Reverse Magic's to protect it.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

fas723

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 30, 2013, 05:43:28 PM »
Don't forget the greatest benefit; the extra action to cast creatures! For only 10 mana as well.

You can not stack mana on it though because then it will for sure be dissolved. Every extra mana above 1 will be a gain for your opponent when he destroys it.

aquestrion

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 01, 2013, 12:58:36 AM »
I don't think nullify or reverse magics stop a dissolve on an object attached to a mage. Since it issnt actually targeting the mage

darkfonix

« Reply #310 on: October 01, 2013, 01:01:47 AM »
I don't think nullify or reverse magics stop a dissolve on an object attached to a mage. Since it issnt actually targeting the mage
What? Read the card, especially the "target" zone. Dissolve targets a mage. So yes, nullify stops a dissolve.

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 01, 2013, 01:09:29 AM »

Dissolve's target line says "Mage", so it an attempt to cast it will trigger a Nullify/Reverse Magic because it goes through the mage to get to the equipment.

Dispel, by contrast, has a target line that reads "Revealed Enchantment".  In the case of that spell a Nullify wouldn't trigger because it goes around the mage and directly hits the Enchantment.

So Nullify/Reverse will stop a Dissolve.

aquestrion

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 01, 2013, 02:49:08 AM »
Thank you for clarifying that Im not at my cards right now

aquestrion

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 01, 2013, 03:02:14 AM »
I don't know about anyone else but I always get the feeling that I shouldn't even post thoughts on this forum. Like not sitting in front of my cards every minute so I know exactly what they say. When I post my THOUGHTS on this forum I am mostly wrong. So half the time I get a sweet slap in the face and carry on about my life. The other half I'm just confused as to why I don't spend hours trying to find every rule and loophole and errated clause amongst this forum. This game is very complex and the rules are scattered everywhere. I'm very sorry to think I almost know any of these rules or rulings. Man I think I'll just take a break from this game.

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 01, 2013, 04:41:14 AM »
I keep this open on most of my browsers these days:

http://www.gameknight.org/MageWars/spellScribe.php?mage=forcemaster&selectedGames%5B%5D=core&selectedGames%5B%5D=tome&selectedGames%5B%5D=tom2&selectedGames%5B%5D=fmvwl&selectedGames%5B%5D=kumanjaro&quantityLimit=available

For exactly that reason :)  I think it's all part of the learning curve an like you often wonder how I'll remember everything,  but then remind myself that 95 percent of my games have just flowed without any need to get into complex rule lawyering....