April 27, 2024, 02:13:46 PM

Author Topic: Druid vs Necro Spoilers  (Read 610192 times)

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
Re: Druid vs Necro Spoilers
« Reply #270 on: September 25, 2013, 08:12:29 PM »
Going to be a beast to bring down.....
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Wiz-Pig

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 25, 2013, 08:39:29 PM »
Any word on Obliterate yet? Is it too good to hope that it counts as destroying the creature so that graveyard will generate mana from it.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 25, 2013, 08:59:01 PM »
Any word on Obliterate yet? Is it too good to hope that it counts as destroying the creature so that graveyard will generate mana from it.
My guess is that Aaron Brosman's preview article on this card tomorrow will cover this trait.....least that is what I am hoping.

Think that we will see an Enchantment/Incantation that provides this trait?
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

lettucemode

« Reply #273 on: September 25, 2013, 09:30:08 PM »
Obliterate is likely very similar to MTG's exile...removing a card from the game completely (doesn't go to discard). This would prevent Obliterated creature cards from being legal targets for Resurrection or Raise Dead. In MTG exiling something doesn't count as destroying it, we'll see if it's the same here.

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 26, 2013, 12:21:12 AM »
That's your 8 Mana level 3 creature though, if you want to recur and sacrifice it.
 Oh, wait, no, it's legendary. Hmm. Guess not.

Remind me, growth is +1 heath and +1 Armor?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 12:23:57 AM by ringkichard »
I can take the fun out of anything. It's true; here, look at this spreadsheet.

aquestrion

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 26, 2013, 01:08:57 AM »
3 innate life and melee +1

DeckBuilder

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 26, 2013, 01:49:39 AM »
Guess that is where we feed those cheap level 1 reanimates that are slow and would be obliterated when they die anyway.

Have to say I am loving all the new mechanics and play concepts they are bringing out. We may have seen most of them before in other games but adding the Mage Wars sophistication of positioning, lifetime value and resource management (not just mana and life but also generating various types of actions), they have given these mechanics a new lease of (un)life, a new game setting for gamers to puzzle out.

Bravo to the designers for these zombies and plants. Even acid ball and raptors were inserted as much needed meta changers, the latter boosting Beastmistress hurt by nonliving undead. With skeletons, well you can reconstruct them but otherwise they seem more traditional simulacrums of their holy counterparts which may not seem very original but satisfy the wargamers who don't want clever mechanics to sacrifice to an abstract altar but prefer the classic skeleton army, led by a vampire or demon. The more I see of this set, the more I am impressed by the thought that has gone into it. From someone not afraid to question the game and highlight any areas possibly needing attention, this is looking excellent. Well done to the design team!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 02:16:08 AM by DeckBuilder »
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. And then it's just fun.

lil_drag_n

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 26, 2013, 06:58:38 AM »
I wonder how obliterate works with eternal servant? I think Obliterate wins and necro get the eternal servant marker back without reanimating the zombie.  Too bad
Jedi vs that orc guy from L of the R, wow what a mix,... i wonder if AW would consider Dhalsim a mage.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 26, 2013, 08:37:42 AM »
Guess that is where we feed those cheap level 1 reanimates that are slow and would be obliterated when they die anyway.

Have to say I am loving all the new mechanics and play concepts they are bringing out. We may have seen most of them before in other games but adding the Mage Wars sophistication of positioning, lifetime value and resource management (not just mana and life but also generating various types of actions), they have given these mechanics a new lease of (un)life, a new game setting for gamers to puzzle out.

Bravo to the designers for these zombies and plants. Even acid ball and raptors were inserted as much needed meta changers, the latter boosting Beastmistress hurt by nonliving undead. With skeletons, well you can reconstruct them but otherwise they seem more traditional simulacrums of their holy counterparts which may not seem very original but satisfy the wargamers who don't want clever mechanics to sacrifice to an abstract altar but prefer the classic skeleton army, led by a vampire or demon. The more I see of this set, the more I am impressed by the thought that has gone into it. From someone not afraid to question the game and highlight any areas possibly needing attention, this is looking excellent. Well done to the design team!

WOW, thank you sir! We're very proud of the set we made, and it's awesome to have feedback like this. Thank you so much. We'll continue working hard to improve on the foundation we made.

Thanks everyone!

Wiz-Pig

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 26, 2013, 08:44:50 AM »

WOW, thank you sir! We're very proud of the set we made, and it's awesome to have feedback like this. Thank you so much. We'll continue working hard to improve on the foundation we made.

Thanks everyone!

I have to agree with Deckbuilder. This set so far seems like everything I could possibly want a set to be! I can't wait to play both the Necromancer and the Druid. They both seem effective, novel, and fun to play. This set seems to really expand the game play experience.

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 26, 2013, 09:54:17 AM »
Going to be a beast to bring down.....

Hmmm, this guy seems pretty cool.  I really like mechanics like this that give a boost to swarms in a subtle way.  This allows you to get more mileage out your weenies...as long as you act before they die, which is similar to how you would employ Sacrificial Altar.  Now all we need is a zombie that has some sort of negative effect to your opponent when it dies and you have a cool combo to work with ;)

It's kind of a shame that Obliterate will probably mean removed from game because it hurts the recursion machine that the necro is supposed to be, but I'm sure it's a game balance issue.

All in all this card makes me want to see more!  Is it Oct yet?   :P

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 26, 2013, 10:15:46 AM »
So I know that everyone is predicting the return of swarm with this next expansion (and with good reason!), but is playing a bunch of foxes against Necromancer going to be suicide? They get killed, they come back as cheep Zombies, then they get sacrificed to the elder gods to build a zombie katamari from beyond the stars.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 10:27:01 AM by ringkichard »
I can take the fun out of anything. It's true; here, look at this spreadsheet.

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 26, 2013, 10:29:47 AM »
So I know that everyone is predicting the return of swarm with this next expansion (and with good reason!), but is playing a bunch of foxes against Necromancer going to be suicide? They get killed, they come back as cheep Zombies, then they get sacrificed to the elder gods to build a deathball from beyond the stars.

No, not a smart play at all IMO.  Like all books in Mage Wars, your "swarm" build would need to be flexible.  If you are playing against something like Necro, you'd probably want to switch gears and go with the "few big" strategy (like Grizzly's and whatnot).  Less targets to reanimate, and harder to kill in order to do so. 

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 26, 2013, 11:00:39 AM »
... build a zombie katamari from beyond the stars.

This may be the best quote I've seen on Druid vs. Necro stuff so far. People at work are looking at me funny, laughed too hard.

lettucemode

« Reply #284 on: September 26, 2013, 12:08:59 PM »
then they get sacrificed to the elder gods to build a zombie katamari from beyond the stars.

Someone give this man a banana sticker