April 27, 2024, 06:43:57 PM

Author Topic: Druid vs Necro Spoilers  (Read 610228 times)

DeckBuilder

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Druid vs Necro Spoilers
« Reply #240 on: September 21, 2013, 02:00:49 PM »
One problem with Reanimate is keeping that mana spare, just in case, will slow tempo? And Slow is so debilitating for a normal creature (and a Reanimated Slow creature starts Stunned).

This can be useful on a ranged piece like your own Flaming Hellion or Acolyte of the Bog Queen where Slow does not become an issue.

Curse Warlock already plays Enchanter's Ring as it plays Enchantment Transfusion for multiple free action curses when in range plus avoid Magebind and Nullify (clarified in a rules thread). So castiing this on your creatures as an insurance policy will only cost you 1.

It's 3 spell points though, a hefty price! Can't see more than 1 copy ever played, better off with the Ziggurat. It feels like a recursive sacrifice combo piece (with curse weaving) and we haven't seen all the pieces yet. Except Reanimates get Obliterated so only semi-recursive. Just not excited by it with current card knowledge.

One good thing about nonliving objects is that they now have their own healing keyword, Reconstruct. So that starting damage could be healed by other means.

I wonder how it interacts with Sectarus... Do I get to cast it same time as dealing damage? It would be great if it did but I doubt it sadly.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 03:45:54 PM by DeckBuilder »
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. And then it's just fun.

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 21, 2013, 03:27:55 PM »
You can reanimate legendary creatures, as long as they are not epic.

And so long as a Mage/School Restriction wouldn't prevent  control said creature.
Cannot make a Zombie Huugin, Thorg, etc.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 21, 2013, 03:47:00 PM »
You can reanimate legendary creatures, as long as they are not epic.

And so long as a Mage/School Restriction wouldn't prevent  control said creature.
Cannot make a Zombie Huugin, Thorg, etc.

QFT

aquestrion

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 21, 2013, 03:58:46 PM »
If u zombiefy a fast creature is it now normal speed?

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 21, 2013, 05:53:37 PM »
Yes.  Slow and Fast still counter each other as normal.

You could also cast Charge on a slow zombified creature to help scoot it along too.

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 24, 2013, 11:39:45 AM »
Can we get the rest of the Necro spoiler please?  Not to sound rude, but the teasing is getting a bit old... ;)

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 24, 2013, 12:13:30 PM »
The ability card is up but I can't link it here.  First impression is that I'm not overwhelmed.  He seems decent, but it really depends on a few factors that we don't know about yet.  For instance, on his Eternal Servant ability, do you have to take a full action to resummon the creature?  If so, its not that impressive.  Saves you on spellbook points and that's about it, although it does give a creature Piercing +1 for free, which is decent. 

As for the Plague Master, it says creatures with a "Poison counter".  So...that means Cripple, Tainted, and Weak and that's it?  A bit limited if so.  It should have been able to be triggered off of Poison Enchantments too, and it kind of irks me that it doesn't.

Poison immunity is nice though.

All in all he seems pretty cool, but not quite as exciting as I had hoped.

lettucemode

« Reply #247 on: September 24, 2013, 12:26:39 PM »
I'm pretty sure Reanimating something is a free action. You pay half its mana cost rounded up, then it goes out of play until the next round, when it comes in with some damage on it. So the Eternal Servant marker means that you can endlessly reanimate the same creature for the entire game, and if your opponent kills it it's only out of play until the next round. Pretty cool.

The marker thing is weird, agree with you there. Especially if Rot and Corrode aren't poison conditions. But there will probably be lots of new cards that haven't been spoiled yet that will use those markers.

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 24, 2013, 12:29:31 PM »
I'm pretty sure Reanimating something is a free action. You pay half its mana cost rounded up, then it goes out of play until the next round, when it comes in with some damage on it. So the Eternal Servant marker means that you can endlessly reanimate the same creature for the entire game, and if your opponent kills it it's only out of play until the next round. Pretty cool.

The marker thing is weird, agree with you there. Especially if Rot and Corrode aren't poison conditions. But there will probably be lots of new cards that haven't been spoiled yet that will use those markers.

Oh, Rot is a Poison marker for sure, I just forgot about that one.  Still, it should have worked with Poison Enchantments too just to free up more flexibility in build options.

As for the Reanimation, the ability card says you have to pay full mana cost for the creature, not half.  If it's a free action, that will make it much better, but if its a full action to resummon, then it is just ok.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 24, 2013, 12:35:36 PM »
When your servant dies if you pay it's cost, then you get to reanimate it. This means it comes back into play at the end of the round. This absolutely saves you the full action it would normally take to play it.

lettucemode

« Reply #250 on: September 24, 2013, 12:37:44 PM »
As for the Reanimation, the ability card says you have to pay full mana cost for the creature, not half.  If it's a free action, that will make it much better, but if its a full action to resummon, then it is just ok.

Good catch. I thought that paying half cost rounded up was part of the reanimate keyword. hwhoops

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 24, 2013, 12:51:02 PM »
Reanimate simply covers summoning the creature at the end of the round and where they end up. Costs associated are part of the cards that actually cause the reanimate. Another great part of the Necro card is it reanimates without giving it a zombie marker. So you can keep doing it as long as you have mana.

Wiz-Pig

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 24, 2013, 01:04:21 PM »
While certainly less exciting then the Druid character card, poison immunity is huge if your opponent isn't playing Iron Golems. I mean think about all the poison cards that will now see a lot more play. Poison Gas Cloud, Malacoda (as an eternal servant), Idol of Pestilence. If you are able to hit someone with all three at the same time that's 5 points of direct poison damage, if you have managed to hit them with some sort of poison counter as well make it 6 for one more mana. The Necromancer is clearly the king of direct damage he can even leverage Morlock's Torment for a potential 7 direct damage in one turn.

This even combos well with graveyard paying you back for the extra points of direct damage that you choose to pay for to kill creatures during upkeep.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 01:06:20 PM by Wiz-Pig »

aquestrion

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 24, 2013, 01:18:26 PM »
Is malacoda undead I thought he was a demon

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 24, 2013, 01:30:07 PM »
Yea Malacoda is a demon, but he also has poison immunity. So, he combos a lot with the poison cards that the necro wants to throw out.