April 27, 2024, 09:56:04 AM

Author Topic: Druid vs Necro Spoilers  (Read 610166 times)

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
Re: Druid vs Necro Spoilers
« Reply #210 on: September 18, 2013, 09:01:32 PM »
He must fear the House of the Rising Sun.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Stormmaster

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 19, 2013, 07:59:05 AM »
I just realized I missed Wednesday's spoiler!  And now I can't check FaceBook at work.  Can someone say what it is without a link to Facebook please.  Copy/paste in a picture would be awesomeness.  Thanks.

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 19, 2013, 08:08:58 AM »
You have seen the graveyard right?

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 19, 2013, 08:40:00 AM »

lettucemode

« Reply #214 on: September 19, 2013, 09:31:17 AM »
I'm pretty new to the game, but that seems ridiculously efficient for 13 mana. 5 attack, defense roll, psychic immunity, doesn't have Lumbering like other undead we've seen...compare that to the Dire Wolf or Bridge Troll. But at least it's nonliving so you can't heal it?

darkfonix

« Reply #215 on: September 19, 2013, 09:36:16 AM »
You can't heal it with "healing"... But the dark cleric can "heal" him for 2 points each turn!

I Love this boy :D

Stormmaster

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 19, 2013, 09:39:29 AM »
I'm pretty new to the game, but that seems ridiculously efficient for 13 mana. 5 attack, defense roll, psychic immunity, doesn't have Lumbering like other undead we've seen...compare that to the Dire Wolf or Bridge Troll. But at least it's nonliving so you can't heal it?

You are correct lettuce this Knight cannot be healed.

Nonliving = All Nonliving objects have the Poison Immunity and Finite Life traits.

Finite Life = This creature cannot heal, regenerate, or gain life.  All Nonliving objects have Finite Life.

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 19, 2013, 09:40:04 AM »

eh... it seems pretty spot on to me?

Do you consider Knights of westlocks to be ridiculously efficient as well?

Remember nonliving shuts down most enchantment buffs like bearstrength and falcon precision.

Wiz-Pig

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 19, 2013, 09:43:42 AM »

Seems pretty in line with things. It's closest living analog is a Knight of Westlock. Let's compare:

Westlock    vs.    Skeletal:
Cost                13 mana            13mana
Level               Holy 3                Dark 3
Armor             3                        1
Health             10                      12
Defense           8+ 1x                8+ 1x
Attack              5QM                   5QM
Special          Lightning +2        Non-Living, Pyschic Immunity

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 19, 2013, 09:45:43 AM »
Actually, yeah, Knight of Westlock is pretty great. If Priestess could support it in-school with anything but healing it'd be fairly dangerous. That's the thing that makes this guy impressive: combos with Necromancer.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 09:48:10 AM by ringkichard »
I can take the fun out of anything. It's true; here, look at this spreadsheet.

DeckBuilder

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 19, 2013, 09:56:21 AM »
Actually, yeah, Knight of Westlock is pretty great. If Priestess could support it in-school with anything but healing it'd be fairly dangerous. That's the thing that makes this guy impressive: combos with Necromancer.

Agreed. Westlock is a powerhouse. Whether avenging with a Guardian Angel guarding or guarding a Royal Archer. He used to be our standard Temple of Light guard. So this Knight is what guards your Skeletal Archer? There's a bit too much skeletal symmetry with Holy for my liking.

Also Nonliving isn't that bad. Ask an Earth Wizard with his 4 Golems, Idol of Pestilence, Deathlock, immunity to many bad enchantments, Wounded Prey etc. However, Etherian Lifetree will hurt Necro bad and light hurts more. I see Nonliving as neutral really, an alternative lifestyle choice and a different way of building, as you don't go down the buff enchants route but spend elsewhere.

On the subject of symmetry. wouldn't it be great if there were a "Cunning Devil" who, instead of the Guardian Angel's selfless Intercept, his ability was to divert attacks on him to another (maybe lower level) ally in his zone?

I really like the zombie and plant stuff because it was new. The skeletons so far we've seen before, in the flesh so to speak.

Seems at least 2 Necro strategies: recursive zombie weenies and skeleton elites.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 10:13:35 AM by DeckBuilder »
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. And then it's just fun.

Stormmaster

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 19, 2013, 09:57:35 AM »
Since it is a "skeleton" is there any new incantations that let's skeletons "reassemble" or some such that would kind of get around the no gaining life rule of the non living?  Can you reassemble skeletons?

Wiz-Pig

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 19, 2013, 10:06:56 AM »
If you want to compare him to the other skeleton we've got right now: the Skeletal Sentry. The Skeletal Knight for 5 more mana and 1 more book point has: +1armor, +1health, +1melee, and the 8+ single use defense.... and I guess Soldier too. Though synergizing with Warlord hardly seems like an advantage at this point, I guess it does increase the fun options for building functioning theme decks with him and Commands don't have the issues that nature enchantment buffs do. They target Corporeal Creatures generally instead of Living Creatures.

Since it is a "skeleton" is there any new incantations that let's skeletons "reassemble" or some such that would kind of get around the no gaining life rule of the non living?  Can you reassemble skeletons?

The Bog Acolyte can heal him.

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 19, 2013, 10:16:34 AM »
A Knight of Westlock has access to buffs that Skeletal Knight does not.

Things like Bear Strength, Cheetah Speed, Regrowth, (basically all the nature enchantments), Divine Protection, Sacred Ground, Crown of Protection and Hand of Bim Shalla all require a "Living Creatures" to benefit.

Non-Living Creatures have fewer options for buffs (such as Sacrificial Altar and Charge.)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 10:20:06 AM by baronzaltor »

lettucemode

« Reply #224 on: September 19, 2013, 10:23:25 AM »
Thanks for the replies guys. I've only seen the Knight of Westlock like once in my games so I didn't think about him. I also forgot that stuff like Bear Strength is living creature only! My concerns are no more.

I really like the zombie and plant stuff because it was new.

Oh my gosh...I just realized...this expansion is basically Plants vs. Zombies.  :o