April 27, 2024, 08:34:29 AM

Author Topic: Druid vs Necro Spoilers  (Read 610159 times)

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
Re: Druid vs Necro Spoilers
« Reply #195 on: September 17, 2013, 09:55:41 AM »
The Idea was that if we simply said "once per turn" then you could wait and pick the most advantageous time to trigger it. We wanted you to have to work to trigger it. It only goes off once a turn and only on the first kill of a given turn. So, you have to work with your timing to try to get more than one or two mana on it.

So whats wrong with:

"the first time each round a creature is destroyed place mana X mana on graveyard.
X = the level of the destroyed creature."

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 17, 2013, 10:04:10 AM »
The Idea was that if we simply said "once per turn" then you could wait and pick the most advantageous time to trigger it. We wanted you to have to work to trigger it. It only goes off once a turn and only on the first kill of a given turn. So, you have to work with your timing to try to get more than one or two mana on it.

So whats wrong with:

"the first time each round a creature is destroyed place mana X mana on graveyard.
X = the level of the destroyed creature."

That text can end up with the same ambiguity that people are finding with the current text. The FAQ will clearly outline how Graveyard is supposed to work. I'm sorry the wording didn't come across as clearly as we thought it would.

DeckBuilder

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 17, 2013, 10:14:36 AM »
"whelp, this is the first time this turn my Eternal Servant has died, guess I should add the mana."

Normally the wording would be clear, but undeath–like time travel–requires extra grammatical precision.
[Like]

Visions of a hooded skeletal rules lawyer waving his bony finger in admonishment...
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. And then it's just fun.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 17, 2013, 10:36:36 AM »
Honestly, I caught the intent right off the bat, to the point of thinking if I was the necro's opponent and had a Level 1 and a Level 4 creatures that I was quite sure was going to die during the round, I would consider killing my level 1 (attack a guard, or mage with a damage barrier, or creature with the counterstrike trait) first to deny the neco the 4 mana.  As I stated earlier healing is going to be important against the Necro. Deathlock might come out mid-game as a result.

Reading the wording again I can easily see the confusion though.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Wiz-Pig

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 17, 2013, 04:12:54 PM »
Honestly, I caught the intent right off the bat, to the point of thinking if I was the necro's opponent and had a Level 1 and a Level 4 creatures that I was quite sure was going to die during the round, I would consider killing my level 1 (attack a guard, or mage with a damage barrier, or creature with the counterstrike trait) first to deny the neco the 4 mana.  As I stated earlier healing is going to be important against the Necro. Deathlock might come out mid-game as a result.

Well if you did that, then the Graveyard would be conferring another more subtle benefit, would it not?

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 17, 2013, 05:28:51 PM »

Well if you did that, then the Graveyard would be conferring another more subtle benefit, would it not?

The beautiful thing about the Necro is that even if I did mange to kill my creature he might just be able to raise it back up and turn it on me any how. Yes there are many many things that are subtle about this most lovely of games :)

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 18, 2013, 03:31:16 PM »
Was there a spoiler today?  Don't have access to FB at work...

lettucemode

« Reply #202 on: September 18, 2013, 03:34:10 PM »
Nope, not yet anyway.

Doma0997

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 18, 2013, 03:45:01 PM »
Been checking every 20. haven't seen one yet.

Stormmaster

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 18, 2013, 04:39:53 PM »
For the Graveyard when it says "Burnproof" since that isn't Fire Immunity that means you can still attack it with Fireballs, Flameblast or any other Fire attack but you just can't put Burn tokens on it?  Is that correct?

Altropos

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • The Heart of the Maelstrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 18, 2013, 04:44:01 PM »
For the Graveyard when it says "Burnproof" since that isn't Fire Immunity that means you can still attack it with Fireballs, Flameblast or any other Fire attack but you just can't put Burn tokens on it?  Is that correct?

Yes
I can take anything and make it fun. It's true; I made a paper airplane out of your spreadsheet.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 18, 2013, 04:50:45 PM »
Burnproof
Cannot gain the Burn condition. May be vulnerable to flame damage, but
cannot “burn”. All Incorporeal objects are Burnproof.

Got to love that codex ;)

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 18, 2013, 08:18:01 PM »
Hopefully the article comes up soon, but there should be a preview for the card who's flavor text was spoiled yesterday. I realize it wasn't up when I checked a couple moments ago.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 18, 2013, 08:35:54 PM »
Getting later and later each night :)

Must me for us Night Owls....

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 18, 2013, 08:43:30 PM »
Clearly Necromancer Previews have to wait till the sun is down across the entire country. Light is the bane of his evil existence.