April 27, 2024, 04:17:12 PM

Author Topic: Druid vs Necro Spoilers  (Read 610206 times)

Memnaelar

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Druid vs Necro Spoilers
« Reply #105 on: September 11, 2013, 08:51:08 PM »
The Druid is up on Facebook.

Apparently only skilled in Level 1 of the Water School.  Have we seen a mage like that before?  Does that mean that spells higher than Level 1 are consider out of school?

ChimpZilla

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 11, 2013, 08:59:45 PM »
The Druid is up on Facebook.

Apparently only skilled in Level 1 of the Water School.  Have we seen a mage like that before?  Does that mean that spells higher than Level 1 are consider out of school?

My guess is yes. Level ones cost a point. Level two plus costs double.

Statistically the weakest mage with the worst training, but if her vine ability reads like I think it does, she will eat control builds alive.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 09:05:07 PM by ProjectMayhem »

Stormmaster

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 11, 2013, 09:21:25 PM »
Druid looks pretty cool.

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 11, 2013, 09:46:07 PM »
Random Thoughts, somewhat freeform, somewhat addled:

A lot depends on the rules clarifications, and which spells turn out to be vines, but it sure looks like any of the vine creatures can be summoned to any zone from the first turn on. Opponents' conjurations will not be safe from immediate Raptor Vines. This will certainly threaten Mana Crystal, Hand of Bim-Shalla, etc, etc. Poor Akiro's Hammer, though. I also feel bad for any any rogue spellbook that relied on walls. That Acid Raptor was bad news for Wall of Steel, but Vine Tokens make the LOS requirement kinda quaint, even before the splash damage from Eagleclaw Boots.

Is Tanglevine going to get an erratum to become a vine?
Fellella is Nature Mage Only, and vine tokens are familiar friendly, so if there are vine enchantments Fellella will be able to cast them.

I wonder if Druid will come with a familiar. I thought Joctari Beastmaster was going to have a Hawk, Scree.

Apparently Druid can play 6 dissolve for 6 spellbook points. If she doesn't get to wear clothes, neither do we. I hope she can summon a cactus.

Best plan against Druid really does seem to be to summon a lot of creatures, maybe by defending a spawnpoint for a bit, and then start casting lots of fire. Warlock with Deathlock seems well suited. Druid will teach a lot of opponents discipline: she's got very little health, low channeling, and two opposed schools. You can kill her if you can play your gameplan instead of hers.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 09:48:12 PM by ringkichard »
I can take the fun out of anything. It's true; here, look at this spreadsheet.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 11, 2013, 09:58:19 PM »
she's got very little health, low channeling, and two opposed schools. You can kill her if you can play your gameplan instead of hers.
Once she is Treebond all of these +4 Innate Life (speculation that Deathlock will not affect it) and +1 Channeling. Her stats are then 34 and 10 not shabby.

The Vines are a lot more powerful than I expected. I was expecting more a growth pattern emanating for her start square. It looks like she could place a creature in the OP mages start zone, round one...
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

aquestrion

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 11, 2013, 10:44:15 PM »
I think warlord has the worst training... there are only two spells I am personaly concerned about battle fury and whirling strike... all the other war spells i use are novice.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 11, 2013, 10:49:55 PM »
Just to be clear, the rulebook for Druid vs Necromancer has some clarifications on the spreading vines ability.
Spreading Vines
Life springs up in the footsteps of the Druid. Each Deployment Phase, the Druid may place a new Vine marker in her zone.  Or, she may instead place that marker in a zone, or adjacent to a zone, containing a Vine marker she controls. The Druid, and her spawnpoints and familiars, can use her Vine markers to extend the range of vine spells they cast.  See “Vine Markers” in the codex.

Also, when she casts a spell using a vine marker she has to target it, meaning she still needs LOS. She can ignore the range on the spell though.

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 12, 2013, 08:50:45 AM »
There's the clarification I wondered about. Still pretty good for a free action with no mana cost, but not nearly the doom of conjurations it could have been.
I can take the fun out of anything. It's true; here, look at this spreadsheet.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 12, 2013, 09:00:42 AM »
Yea, with this wording I was still able to summon a Kralethor in Bryan's deployment zone. It works out very well. Just wait till you can try it.

Stormmaster

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 12, 2013, 09:56:18 AM »
Yea, with this wording I was still able to summon a Kralethor in Bryan's deployment zone. It works out very well. Just wait till you can try it.

Do you like the Druid or the Necromancer better?  Or you like them both but for different reasons?

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 12, 2013, 10:14:45 AM »
I like the Druid better, but it's not by much. The Necro was fantastic to work on. After all Ziggurat of Undeath was a card I made. However, I didn't have a problem playing the Druid, but that is also because of another card I suggested. We'll see if I can preview it for Friday  ;D

fas723

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 12, 2013, 04:15:03 PM »
Idol of Pestilence seems to be the death of Vines...

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 12, 2013, 04:20:32 PM »
Idol of Pestilence seems to be the death of Vines...
Only damages creatures, not conjurations.

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 12, 2013, 08:02:35 PM »
Seems interesting that the Druids treebond is a one off option (permanently destroyed when the conjuration is destroyed).  This is quite different to the +special token that the other mages (beastmaster pet, warlock blood thingie etc).  Is Treebond that much stronger that it should only be allowed once?  Or was it for some sense of theme?

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 12, 2013, 08:15:37 PM »
This is actually a bit of both. It's quite a strong "special marker", but it's also because of the Druid's themes. She's a guardian of nature, her trees are part of her.