April 27, 2024, 05:21:06 PM

Author Topic: Druid vs Necro Spoilers  (Read 610214 times)

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Druid vs Necro Spoilers
« Reply #90 on: September 10, 2013, 11:07:56 AM »
SPOILERS!!
http://magewars.com/jsite/newsblog/item/177-druid-vs-necromancer-expansion

That Unstable Zombie is very cool.  It should have been named "Versatile Zombie" instead ;)

Yah it seems pretty stable to me. I mean it even heals itself. Maybe they are referring to its personality.

I think that is my favorite creature spoiled so far.  It seems good in a mana vs effectivness ratio.  Tough, moderate damage, and a self-healing ability.  Nice.

Hale_32bit

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 10, 2013, 11:15:13 AM »
I think unstable zombie must choose option at random, because he ustable :)

Wiz-Pig

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 10, 2013, 11:46:49 AM »
I think unstable zombie must choose option at random, because he ustable :)

That would have made more sense thematically.

Stormmaster

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 10, 2013, 11:54:42 AM »
He should be so unstable that he might randomly attack any target in his range (possibly including friendly targets).  Kind of like a mindless zombie that will attack anything.  Not suggesting for real just kind of playing with fun options.

They should have a mind attack or enchant spell like Berzerk that has that effect, the targeted creature would randomly attack any target in range.  - ok that is off topic sorry

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 10, 2013, 07:20:25 PM »
For those who are not keeping up and are interested with the DvN spoilers out starting 9 mere days we have, if you dig around a bit, seen 33% of the new cards in the set of 56 new cards. Spells broken down by Type:

Attack = 1 (5)
Conjurations = 3 (9)
Creatures = 11 (16)
Enchantments = 1 (9)
Equipment = 1 (11)
Incantations = 1 (10)

What are the numbers in parentheses you ask? Why they are the counts of new cards from the FvM release. I know we don't have enough releases to do an accurate trend analysis, but I thought it might be fun to look at history to see what the future might behold. I have been working on preparing OCTGN for the DvN release and have been having a blast looking at the cards and entering in all the data that we have. How does that song go? Future's so Bright, I gotta wear shades.....yes my pre-order is in and I can't wait to get my formerly nicotine stained hands on the real thing! Come on October(fest)!!!!!

• Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Stormmaster

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2013, 10:04:53 PM »
yep every spoiler just makes me want it more.

Already pre-ordered 2 copies, ready to go!

The trait and abilities list looks pretty cool.  Some unique, different stuff.

I still hope they release a copy of a sheet with all the traits/abilities/conditions when it comes out instead of just a list of the new ones added like they did with Forcemaster vs Warlord.  We shall see...

Arlemus

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 10, 2013, 11:27:56 PM »

When the egg give us a new creature, that creature will have a token to reproduce another time?

Dark Mage scares me!!!

Ichthellid Larva

A creature with this condition marker has been impregnated with the Ichthellid Larva and is now a host to this dark creature’s spawn. Upon the death of the infected creature, an adult Ichthellid emerges with a voracious need to find another living host.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to make a bunch of clicking noises when I play this card.  It's weird, but it's just gonna happen.  I'm sorry.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer

Stormmaster

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 11, 2013, 06:50:53 AM »
When that 'adult' emerges from the dead host is that another card, a condition token, or what is representing the new adult? 

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 11, 2013, 06:54:32 AM »
When that 'adult' emerges from the dead host is that another card, a condition token, or what is representing the new adult?

And more importantly... if its a new card must it be in your spellbook? or can it be added to the game without spending spellpoints on it?

Stormmaster

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 11, 2013, 07:08:34 AM »
Actually that is the more important question, I was wondering that too.

Wiz-Pig

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 11, 2013, 10:12:53 AM »

And more importantly... if its a new card must it be in your spellbook? or can it be added to the game without spending spellpoints on it?

Yes, that makes a pretty huge difference in how powerful this card is. If we are limited to only four of them (since his level is 2) then the spawning ability is a nice trick but doesn't have the potential to end in an true alien apocalypse.

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 11, 2013, 10:20:52 AM »
It's very flavorful, but it's not competitive. Way too easy to kill to be a real threat. Probably intentionally so.
I can take the fun out of anything. It's true; here, look at this spreadsheet.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 11, 2013, 10:25:47 AM »

I am not allowed to say because it has yet to be revealed.  8) Now just look into the light *** FLASH *** and that is how it works.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Charmyna

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Dark Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 11, 2013, 11:19:23 AM »
Do we see the druid today? Or Friday? Cant wait!!!!

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 11, 2013, 11:23:16 AM »
Do we see the druid today? Or Friday? Cant wait!!!!

Should be today!  Spoilers are supposed to be on Monday, Wednesday and Friday :)