April 28, 2024, 05:59:56 PM

Author Topic: GenCon 2013 - Oh, that's you?!  (Read 7234 times)

Diji

• Consummate Professional
  • Playtester
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • …and so it begins
    • View Profile
GenCon 2013 - Oh, that's you?!
« on: August 19, 2013, 02:33:41 AM »
Hey You!

Were you at GenCon 2013 this year?! If yes, post your real name followed by your forum name (and I do realize that it's not just kind of redundant) so everyone knows who everyone is. I'd love to PM you guys my contact info so we can talk tactics. I'll kick us off.

Jerome M. - Dijirati

Also, congrats to all the tournament winners and tournament qualifiers! You guys are awesome! I appreciate you guys allowing me to play a few pick up games with you - next years Con season is going to be no joke.

Special shout out to the Official Rules Archmage, Shadow, for clarifying the most difficult of rule conflicts and steering the tournament ship.
  • Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock

Hanma

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: GenCon 2013 - Oh, that's you?!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 11:22:16 AM »
Nick Tinko checking in, feel free to track me down on Facebook or Skype(N4srudin)! Posting on my phone right now on the way back so I'm keeping it short but everything was awesome and I'll be there next year aiming for that first place spot!

Diji

• Consummate Professional
  • Playtester
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • …and so it begins
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 11:30:38 AM »
@Hanma Ill shoot you a request on FB tonight sometime and message you my cell. I had a Priestess book idea I wanted to talk to you about. I need to double check a few cards I never use but if they read as I think... it could be bananas!
  • Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock

Hanma

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 12:12:14 PM »
I actually had a really funny idea to build an enchantment transfusion divine intervention deck that turtles and then one turn kills haha. :) But yeah, I'd love to hear about it. We need some good competitive priestess builds.

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 12:38:46 PM »
Steve Kozlowski checking in here, or, as people kept saying that I met: "oh, you're the werewolf"  :P

Had a good time meeting everyone and putting some faces to the names.  Wish I could have played in some events, but I will hopefully be able to next year!

The Dude

• Hitchhiker of sorts
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
  • It's like... good gracious...bodacious.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 01:47:45 PM »
Andy G. here, tried finding you on FB Hanma but it says you are nonexistent! Look for Andy Yesimcrazy Glass on Facebook, and I'll shoot you a message from there. Me and Jerome were actually thinking about ways to break a certain Holy card and to build around it...
  • Favourite Mage: Johktari Beastmaster
Always carry a towel...

Alec

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 03:13:14 PM »
Hey it's Alec Carey, just "Alec" on the forums. I played a warlock, warlord, earth wizard, and back to my warlock in the championship Sunday. I'd love talking tactics and spellbook construction with all you guys.

Hellkite

• Playtester
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 04:12:21 PM »
Stephen Walters - Hellkite on the forum.

I don't post all that often(although I do read most of the threads), but if you guys want to get ahold of me you can send me a message on here or shoot me one on facebook.  Had a great time at Gencon and looking forward to next year.

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 06:35:17 PM »
     Hello all. Tim Mccurry. It was great seeing folks who you have seen on the forum here and put a face to the names. Hope to see you all again next year.

Hanma

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2013, 06:58:38 PM »
Facebook.com/nicktinko There ya go! :)

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2013, 07:08:32 PM »
   want to take this opportunity to say that the competition at gencon was excellent. it was particularly interesting to see how pople outside our local group played.

i expected the agression, but it was still somewhat surprising to see it up close. if you could weather the hyper agression storm, while winding up the haymaker counter punch, it could throw the agressor back quite a bit, since they do not expect the opponent to still be there after their fury. still it was very interesting to see how folks built their spellbooks for tournement play. it was also great to see a wide variety of mages fielded. i do believe that everyone had a great time.

Thanks to the AW staff and volunteers for putting together the event for us all.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 07:10:13 PM by zot »

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2013, 06:24:59 AM »
Good to hear you all had fun.
If you want to find me on FB you will need to know somebody on my friends list.

I think I will keep that EW control build under wraps for a while
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

NorthernMage

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2013, 08:41:03 AM »
Hi All,

Chuck Carey here. Alec's dad. I was just glad to made it to this years Gen Con. Didn't make the finals but was very happy to go 2-1 in Fridays Qual.  This was my 1st Gen Con back after taking a three year break. I went to Gen Con for 18 years straight.  Thanks for bringing back the fun AW.

-Chuck