March 28, 2024, 05:08:02 PM

Author Topic: Gencon Tournament News-Is Any Available?  (Read 8488 times)

Tacullu64

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
Gencon Tournament News-Is Any Available?
« on: August 17, 2013, 09:56:40 AM »
Has there been anymore information released on the Gencon tournaments? If so could someone point me in the right direction. The last post I saw was Shadow's where he said the top 3 mages from the first night were 2x Earth Wizard and Beastmaster of Johktari. I assumed he meant there were 3 pods and those mages each won one.

What I'd like to see is a list of each pod and the order the mages finished and their record. That doesn't seem too hard to put together, but really any additional information is welcome.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 10:49:20 AM by Tacullu64 »

Hanma

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Gencon Tournament News-Is Any Available?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 11:15:30 AM »
It's coming, one of the judges was recording data and I will be writing a tourney report(I'm one of those earth wizards) along with a "State of the meta" article. Players, judges, play testers, etc have been CRAZY busy. :)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 11:18:36 AM by Hanma »

Doma0997

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 11:21:17 AM »
Was there any warlord love day 2? I know everyone was repped day one but him.

Tacullu64

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 11:24:19 AM »
Thanks for taking the time to reply. If I might bother you with one question about your build. Was your Earth Wizard a control, kill box, or some other variant?

piousflea

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: Gencon Tournament News-Is Any Available
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 03:05:20 PM »
#1: Steve Walters Earth Wizard - slow paced control build with Wizard Tower and Gorgon Archer, used wall of thorns + force push for major damage, but was very heavily defensive, won multiple rounds on tiebreakers
#2: Dave Chang (me) Curse Warlock - mid-paced debuff build, heavily reliant on enchantment and incantation damage instead of attacks.
#3: Tim McCurry (Zot) Air Wizard - slow paced control build with Wizard Tower and Gorgon Archer, used wall of thorns + force push plus thunderbolt wand for massive stun chance. Very defensive, reached tiebreakers several times.
#4: Nick Tinko Earth Wizard - double-bear (bear strengthed bear) Beatdown in early game followed by hurl boulders and stuff. Used turn to stone to prevent opponents from fighting bear with other high level creatures.

Fentum

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: Gencon Tournament News-Is Any Available
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 04:40:28 PM »
#1: Steve Walters Earth Wizard - slow paced control build with Wizard Tower and Gorgon Archer, used wall of thorns + force push for major damage, but was very heavily defensive, won multiple rounds on tiebreakers
#2: Dave Chang (me) Curse Warlock - mid-paced debuff build, heavily reliant on enchantment and incantation damage instead of attacks.
#3: Tim McCurry (Zot) Air Wizard - slow paced control build with Wizard Tower and Gorgon Archer, used wall of thorns + force push plus thunderbolt wand for massive stun chance. Very defensive, reached tiebreakers several times.
#4: Nick Tinko Earth Wizard - double-bear (bear strengthed bear) Beatdown in early game followed by hurl boulders and stuff. Used turn to stone to prevent opponents from fighting bear with other high level creatures.

Hurrah for the Wizards!

Tacullu64

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 04:55:18 PM »
Thanks for the update David. Congratulations on another strong finish.

We're the four of you the only players in the finals today? If there were others do you remember what they played?

piousflea

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 09:56:40 AM »
There was a Priest and a Priestess, a Beastmaster and a Beastmistress, and IIRC a second Warlock and a fourth Wizard.

Tacullu64

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 09:20:46 PM »
Thanks again for the information.

@the AW staff.  Are there any plans to post more complete information? If so, what's the time table?

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2013, 09:24:32 PM »
Sounds like the start of a joke ... 'so a Priest and Priestess and two beastmasters walk into a bar...'

There was a Priest and a Priestess, a Beastmaster and a Beastmistress, and IIRC a second Warlock and a fourth Wizard.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2013, 06:20:33 AM »
I gave Patrick all the data I had. I left Indy at about 11pm Sunday as the MW team was unwinding and playing some other games. Did not get home till 4am Monday.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

tarkin84

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2013, 08:45:08 AM »
Please let us have access to all that info!!! :D
My Mage Wars blog (in Spanish): www.gatetovoltari.blogspot.com

Tim

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2013, 06:08:51 AM »
I Agree! Please give more info. Like tactics, game rounds, complete spellbooks, ...