April 25, 2024, 05:00:34 AM

Author Topic: Customizable strategy variant format of "Go"  (Read 6263 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Customizable strategy variant format of "Go"
« on: August 16, 2013, 05:45:45 PM »
http://www.di.fc.ul.pt/~jpn/gv/pieces.htm

Yes you heard right! I found a variant format of Go that uses different kinds of pieces with different abilities! Each player starts with a certain amount of points to "buy" different kinds of stones, so they can build their own set. Aside from having different types of stones, the rules are the same as regular Go.

It looks REALLY fun, but I can't figure out where I can buy the different kinds of stones...

« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 05:48:12 PM by Imaginator »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Wiz-Pig

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
Re: Customizable strategy variant format of "Go"
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 08:29:33 PM »
Wow, that is some complex stuff to add to what is already the most challenging game of strategy in strategy in the world. I think I would want to play very limited variants to get a feel for each new piece.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 09:58:36 AM »
Since I don't know where to buy the new pieces, I think I'll have to put stickers on Go stones that already exist. But since I just started playing the game, I should probably wait until I have a better grasp of it.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

The Dude

• Hitchhiker of sorts
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
  • It's like... good gracious...bodacious.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 11:44:26 PM »
Yeah, Go isn't something I would want to just jam stuff like this into... the game is ridiculously difficult as is, I'm not sure if "customization" is the way I would go with this particular game. Just my thoughts imo. Need idea though!
  • Favourite Mage: Johktari Beastmaster
Always carry a towel...