April 25, 2024, 07:52:26 AM

Author Topic: Spell ideas: Adrenaline rush and burning wings  (Read 3105 times)

Charmyna

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Dark Destroyer
    • View Profile
Spell ideas: Adrenaline rush and burning wings
« on: August 03, 2013, 03:49:58 AM »
I suggest a new trait, Adrenaline Rush:

If your opponent has initiative, this creature gains the fast trait. If you have initiative this creature gains the slow trait.

You can think of an enchantment that gives charge+1 and adrenaline rush trait or a creature that inherently has it, like Flesh Golem.
Alternatively you can make the fast/slow depend on the round the creature/enchantment is cast. To keep track you could use two different tokens (one if he is cast while you have ini, another one if he is cast while your opponent has ini).

The cool aspect of this trait is that it increases tactical flexibility, the importance of positioning and playing around initiative.

Burning Wings:

Equipment slot: Helmet

The mage gains the flying trait. During each upkeep phase put a load token on Burning Wings. If there are 2 load tokens, destroy Burning Wings.

This would be a cool thematic equipment. Flying on mage is powerful, but since it lasts only 2 rounds and is no enchantment which can be used to surprise, it might not be too powerful. I guess with appropriate mana costs it will be balanced.

Alternatively you could think of a new trait for equipments or enchantments that are inherently very strong:

Corroding X: During each upkeep phase put a load token on this equipment/enchantment. If there are X load tokens, destroy this equipment/enchantment. It could be possible to give the player the choice to pay more mana to increase X.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 03:56:35 AM by Charmyna »

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: Spell ideas: Adrenaline rush and burning wings
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 07:42:48 AM »
I like the icarus theme to the burning wings. When he  fell he dies though, so perhaps put a consequence on the wings.  If you crash and fall, take a few hit points damage.  You'd perhaps want an extra turn to make it worth taking the risk, but if you cut it too close to the sun and don't ditch them, you pay the price.