April 19, 2024, 10:25:06 PM

Author Topic: The Vampire and Angel Wizard Control Build  (Read 24093 times)

cbalian

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: The Vampire and Angel Wizard Control Build
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2013, 12:44:14 PM »
Oh that is a great idea.  I'd pay for some lessons from you master mages!  Us little magelings like myself could learn so much.

Fentum

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2013, 04:07:31 PM »

Lol.

I just had a CRAZY game via Charmyna.  Both running that deck. Both on 27 damage when we had to stop. I think he squeaked it! Very close though.

Great fun.

Charmyna

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Dark Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2013, 04:37:47 PM »

Lol.

I just had a CRAZY game via Charmyna.  Both running that deck. Both on 27 damage when we had to stop. I think he squeaked it! Very close though.

Great fun.

Games against you are often CRAZY like HELL :D and I always learn something new! Not sure if I squeaked it but it was damn close and many interesting turns. Need to replay tomorrow!

reddawn

• Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2013, 05:42:31 PM »
Interesting build, but it has some obvious counters like Poisoned Blood and Spiders.  Spiders in particular work well against Guardian Angels in my experience, since they cut flying, make defenses worse (via Restrain, for those unaware), and give unhealable damage.

Could be worth it to use the Priest instead, since the Holy Avenger trigger doesn't specify Holy creatures.  Would help make up for the GA's main weakness; low dice count. 
  • Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock

Charmyna

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Dark Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2013, 06:39:55 PM »
Interesting build, but it has some obvious counters like Poisoned Blood and Spiders.  Spiders in particular work well against Guardian Angels in my experience, since they cut flying, make defenses worse (via Restrain, for those unaware), and give unhealable damage.

Could be worth it to use the Priest instead, since the Holy Avenger trigger doesn't specify Holy creatures.  Would help make up for the GA's main weakness; low dice count.

I dont see how poisoned blood is a counter. Sure, its annoying but many things are :P. You will need poisoned blood+alot of focused damage to kill the vamp/angel before I react accordingly. And that damage /actions wont target my wizard. So even if you kill the vamp, it prevented much damage and took up a couple of your actions.
The spider might be a threat but the question is: Will the spider place enough conditions on the angel/vampire before she is killed by the 12 dice per round? Btw teleporting, force hold, tanglevine, block etc all help to prevent your spider from hitting the vamp/angel. Sure, you can use the same spells to control my creatures, but as a wizard I often have more crowd control and anti crowd control stuff than the opponent (most of my games during the last few days were focused on crowd control and anti crowd control). My guess is that in most games the spider will put one condition marker on a creature unless you are really lucky with rolls or really good with positioning.
The priest might be an interesting choice paired with the angel. But IMO the holy avenger cant make up for the flexibility of the wizard (spellbook wise, in respect to his innate abilities and dont forget the wizard tower!).
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 06:43:05 PM by Charmyna »

reddawn

• Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2013, 08:45:51 PM »
Poisoned blood is a counter because the Vampire and Angel rely on healing abilities for a lot of their resilience.  The vampire is somewhat less since it has higher life, but against other similarly-costed creatures like apes/bears/BR slayers/Pet Dire Wolves/etc that swing for significantly more dice and have more armor and health, especially with Bear Strength, they're rather lackluster without vampiric. 

And gaining 12 dice over the course of 3 turns really isn't that impressive.  There are many openings which produce higher dice counts without the threat of Dispels over the same number of turns.  I just don't see why the Wizard is a good choice when you could be producing stronger anti-creature openings with the Priest/Johktari BM/Warlock/Warlord without actually having to invest so many actions/mana/spellbook points.  It just seems like a fragile choice. 

I guess I'm just wondering why the Wizard when there are other mages that naturally do what you're trying to do but seemingly better?  And if your build relies on the Wizard, why devote enormous amounts of spellbook points when you could just choose Gargoyles?  The intercept creatures all pretty much function the same way (I think the Dwarf is the best since it can gain Vet, just my opinion) after all.

Charmyna

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Dark Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2013, 02:50:00 AM »
Poisoned blood is a counter because the Vampire and Angel rely on healing abilities for a lot of their resilience.  The vampire is somewhat less since it has higher life, but against other similarly-costed creatures like apes/bears/BR slayers/Pet Dire Wolves/etc that swing for significantly more dice and have more armor and health, especially with Bear Strength, they're rather lackluster without vampiric. 
Sure poisoned blood stops the self healing, but only for one round till it is dispelled. I know dispelling is reactive, thus not always a good choice. But the same applies to many other effects that make creatures less useful (tanglevine, force hold etc). So I count poisoned blood into the same category: It slows down the opponents strategy, but its not a full counter (unless you have more poisoned bloods than the opponent has dispels/seeking dispels, which I doubt).

And gaining 12 dice over the course of 3 turns really isn't that impressive.  There are many openings which produce higher dice counts without the threat of Dispels over the same number of turns.  I just don't see why the Wizard is a good choice when you could be producing stronger anti-creature openings with the Priest/Johktari BM/Warlock/Warlord without actually having to invest so many actions/mana/spellbook points.  It just seems like a fragile choice. 

Sure, there are creatures that build up more damage, but they cant self heal. So either you let them die or need an action to save them. The angel/vamp can survive often without the need of a mages action. Additionally both can attack flying units and fly over walls. And btw my goal is not to produce an anti-creature opening! There are openings that are better focused on that for sure. My goal is to produce an opening that performs well against a lot of build.
My build might not be focused as much on a special strategy as others, but its very versatile and allows me to react accordingly to many strategies, which in the end increases the chances of winning against most builds.

I guess I'm just wondering why the Wizard when there are other mages that naturally do what you're trying to do but seemingly better?  And if your build relies on the Wizard, why devote enormous amounts of spellbook points when you could just choose Gargoyles?  The intercept creatures all pretty much function the same way (I think the Dwarf is the best since it can gain Vet, just my opinion) after all.

You need to play against a wizard which really makes use of voltaric shield, zap and arcane tower. The voltaric shield saved my mage in over 80+ damage races (i mostly play wizard), its just awesome. The wizard tower often is as helpful as a 2nd quick action marker! Actually, i wouldnt be surprised if the WT or the ready marker mechanic is nerfed after the next tournament.
Btw, since most meta cards that are neccessary in all builds are arcane, the wizard has more free spellpoints to put into stuff from other schools, like the various sorts of crowd control. Additonally, you need crowd control spells from different schools (nature for tanglevine; mind for block, force hold, foce push; arcane for teleport (trap). And btw sticking to only one of these schools isnt a good idea, because in many situations you wont have the correct answer to your opponents strategy. So why do you think another mage can perform better in crowd controlling stuff?
@interceptors: The angel has a much better set of traits against many types of attacks than gargoyle/dwarf. And as i wrote, it gets a benefit from guarding even if it doesnt get attacked. If I use surging wave on your dwarf, your action to guard is just wasted since the wave is unavoidable.

reddawn

• Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2013, 04:41:33 AM »

1. Sure poisoned blood stops the self healing, but only for one round till it is dispelled. I know dispelling is reactive, thus not always a good choice. But the same applies to many other effects that make creatures less useful (tanglevine, force hold etc). So I count poisoned blood into the same category: It slows down the opponents strategy, but its not a full counter (unless you have more poisoned bloods than the opponent has dispels/seeking dispels, which I doubt).

2. Sure, there are creatures that build up more damage, but they cant self heal. So either you let them die or need an action to save them. The angel/vamp can survive often without the need of a mages action. Additionally both can attack flying units and fly over walls. And btw my goal is not to produce an anti-creature opening! There are openings that are better focused on that for sure. My goal is to produce an opening that performs well against a lot of build.
My build might not be focused as much on a special strategy as others, but its very versatile and allows me to react accordingly to many strategies, which in the end increases the chances of winning against most builds.

3. You need to play against a wizard which really makes use of voltaric shield, zap and arcane tower. The voltaric shield saved my mage in over 80+ damage races (i mostly play wizard), its just awesome. The wizard tower often is as helpful as a 2nd quick action marker! Actually, i wouldnt be surprised if the WT or the ready marker mechanic is nerfed after the next tournament.
Btw, since most meta cards that are neccessary in all builds are arcane, the wizard has more free spellpoints to put into stuff from other schools, like the various sorts of crowd control. Additonally, you need crowd control spells from different schools (nature for tanglevine; mind for block, force hold, foce push; arcane for teleport (trap). And btw sticking to only one of these schools isnt a good idea, because in many situations you wont have the correct answer to your opponents strategy. So why do you think another mage can perform better in crowd controlling stuff?

4. @interceptors: The angel has a much better set of traits against many types of attacks than gargoyle/dwarf. And as i wrote, it gets a benefit from guarding even if it doesnt get attacked. If I use surging wave on your dwarf, your action to guard is just wasted since the wave is unavoidable.

1. The point isn't that I have more Poisoned Bloods than my opponent has Dispels, it's that I certainly have enough enchantments that my opponent won't likely have enough Dispels to deal with them all.  It's really not even a probability; I can't imagine that players only run 4 enchantments in a given book, which is the max number of Dispels you can even have. 

And the other examples don't mean much because Restraining creatures is inherently a good move based on game mechanics.  It's not like I can just throw a Poisoned Blood on something and expect it to be good like Tanglevine or Force Hold/Crush; it's a specific card for a specific situation that pretty well hard-counters healing, which is your opening's main strength.  Healing happens every game, but having an entire opening that gets significantly worse if your opponent plays only one kind of card isn't a good sign of a strong build.

2.  Healing is a secondary concern to dice count, really.  You should protect your creatures, obviously, but base life, armor, and attack dice is most important.  And the actions you say healing saves aren't really being saved, since you have to spend 2 additional actions and 10 mana for the couple to roll a relevant amount of dice.  And even then, you aren't getting the dice counts you could be getting, especially if your opponent Dispels them early on.

I didn't really know how else to interpret "Vampire and Angel Wizard Control Build" other than what the name means; you are using an angel and vampire as the Wizard to control.  Control builds usually focus on, well, controlling, most effectively in the form of destroying creatures because that is the best way to set your opponent back mana and actions. 

3. I don't see what Arcane offers that others schools absolutely need other than Mana Crystals perhaps, but the Nature school has Flowers so it's whatever.  It's not like builds need Reverse Magic or other marginally useful cards; the Mind and Dark school have plenty more to offer between curses and control enchants than Arcane's rather scant control card pool.  Teleport/Teleport Trap are good cards, but they're hardly specific to control builds. 

4. That seems like a pretty arbitrary opinion.  I'm not sure which traits you're valuing so high (Aegis 1, I guess?), since they all accomplish the same goal of defense.  Any differences they have are pretty minor, because their best trait is Intercept by far, which they all obviously have.

Charmyna

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Dark Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2013, 06:17:54 AM »

1. Sure poisoned blood stops the self healing, but only for one round till it is dispelled. I know dispelling is reactive, thus not always a good choice. But the same applies to many other effects that make creatures less useful (tanglevine, force hold etc). So I count poisoned blood into the same category: It slows down the opponents strategy, but its not a full counter (unless you have more poisoned bloods than the opponent has dispels/seeking dispels, which I doubt).

2. Sure, there are creatures that build up more damage, but they cant self heal. So either you let them die or need an action to save them. The angel/vamp can survive often without the need of a mages action. Additionally both can attack flying units and fly over walls. And btw my goal is not to produce an anti-creature opening! There are openings that are better focused on that for sure. My goal is to produce an opening that performs well against a lot of build.

3. You need to play against a wizard which really makes use of voltaric shield, zap and arcane tower. The voltaric shield saved my mage in over 80+ damage races (i mostly play wizard), its just awesome. The wizard tower often is as helpful as a 2nd quick action marker! Actually, i wouldnt be surprised if the WT or the ready marker mechanic is nerfed after the next tournament.

4. @interceptors: The angel has a much better set of traits against many types of attacks than gargoyle/dwarf. And as i wrote, it gets a benefit from guarding even if it doesnt get attacked. If I use surging wave on your dwarf, your action to guard is just wasted since the wave is unavoidable.

1. The point isn't that I have more Poisoned Bloods than my opponent has Dispels, it's that I certainly have enough enchantments that my opponent won't likely have enough Dispels to deal with them all.  It's really not even a probability; I can't imagine that players only run 4 enchantments in a given book, which is the max number of Dispels you can even have. 

And the other examples don't mean much because Restraining creatures is inherently a good move based on game mechanics.  It's not like I can just throw a Poisoned Blood on something and expect it to be good like Tanglevine or Force Hold/Crush; it's a specific card for a specific situation that pretty well hard-counters healing, which is your opening's main strength.  Healing happens every game, but having an entire opening that gets significantly worse if your opponent plays only one kind of card isn't a good sign of a strong build.

2.  Healing is a secondary concern to dice count, really.  You should protect your creatures, obviously, but base life, armor, and attack dice is most important.  And the actions you say healing saves aren't really being saved, since you have to spend 2 additional actions and 10 mana for the couple to roll a relevant amount of dice.  And even then, you aren't getting the dice counts you could be getting, especially if your opponent Dispels them early on.

I didn't really know how else to interpret "Vampire and Angel Wizard Control Build" other than what the name means; you are using an angel and vampire as the Wizard to control.  Control builds usually focus on, well, controlling, most effectively in the form of destroying creatures because that is the best way to set your opponent back mana and actions. 

3. I don't see what Arcane offers that others schools absolutely need other than Mana Crystals perhaps, but the Nature school has Flowers so it's whatever.  It's not like builds need Reverse Magic or other marginally useful cards; the Mind and Dark school have plenty more to offer between curses and control enchants than Arcane's rather scant control card pool.  Teleport/Teleport Trap are good cards, but they're hardly specific to control builds. 

4. That seems like a pretty arbitrary opinion.  I'm not sure which traits you're valuing so high (Aegis 1, I guess?), since they all accomplish the same goal of defense.  Any differences they have are pretty minor, because their best trait is Intercept by far, which they all obviously have.

1. You are right that poisoned blood is a good spell if timed well, both against the vampiress and the opponents mage. But still, its not a counter to the vampiress. Even if not dispelled , the vampiress will be a 5 dice creature with 2 armor and 15 health for only 11 mana (if you substract the mana the opponent spent for the enchantment). Doesnt sound as an inefficent mana investment for me.
Anyway, most decks wont have more than 1-2 poisoned bloods and the opponent might want to save them for my mage instead of using it on a creature. Btw if they use it against the vampiress, steal enchantment is a nice way to remove it while gaining an action advantage.

2. Healing is secondary, but it helps to make sure the creatures stay on the board as long as possible and repay the invested mana. Sure, some creatures might do more damage per round. But, if they die early while the angel survives, they are a worse investment.
Btw, in many situations the bear strength on the angel is not needed. Often he will guard my mage or the vamp while the vamp does the damage. The bear strength on the angel is for those situations in which I am free to attack with the angel.
Btw, from my feeling defensive stats in MW cost less mana compared to agressive stats. Therefore, a defensive+agressive creature should win against two agressive creatures for the same amount of mana.

With control I mean using crowd control and guard to prevent the opponents creatures from doing alot of damge while attacking his mage or while focusing on his creatures (depends on board situation, equipments and enchantments casted etc).

3. Some spells that are really important metas in most spellbooks:
- dispel
- seeking dispel
- teleport
- nullify
- jinx
- enchantment transfusion (allows many cool combos, e.g. transfusion+jinx on one of your creatures which you can reveal during the counter spell step to counter any quick cast spell you wish whenever you want)

lesser important but really useful in many builds as well:
- purge magic (can win the game against builds which focus on many enchantments)
- dragonscale hauberk (ok its fire, but many wizards are fire)
- mage wand
- elemental cloak
- steal enchantment (gives you an action advantage and doesnt cost extra mana if the opponent casts wardstone, since you dont destroy the enchantment)
- teleport trap

even lesser important but still often included in decks to counter mana denial or to keep up with decks that are focused on increasing channeling early on:
- mana crystal
- harmonize
- moonglow amulet

So tell me any school that has as much important metas as the arcane school?
As a result of many important metas being arcane, the wizard has more spellpoints for his main strategy. Now add, that there is no school which costs triple. All this allows the wizard to play the costly vamp angel combo and still have enough points to include all other spells that help gaining and sustaining board control.

4. If all three creatures have a guard marker on them and are attacked without the unavoidable trait, you are right and the differences between their defensive stats are pretty minor. But, that rarely happens. Often the guard marker is removed (I cant stress enough how useful wizard tower+surging wave is or arc lightning against the dwarf for 50% chance to stun). Sure, you can say that the intention of those creatures is to guard, but on the board its not always like you planned it.
So lets compare the creatures if they have no guard marker on them:
Gargoyle has 14 life, 1 armor versus angel with 12 life, aegis 1, armor 1 and defence (if both used guard as their action and it got removed the angel still healed 2 damage). So tell me whats better?
The dwarf has a worse defence than the angel, but thats only marginal. He has 3 armor and lighting + 2 versus aegis 1 armor 1. I think thats pretty equal. So whats left? The angel has flying and the potential to heal himself even if he is crowd controlled! Flying is great btw because it prevents the angel from being targeted by surging wave (which is an awesome spell against defences since it slams the creature). So in the end, the angel is much more difficult to focus and you can decide to attack with him and still have nice defensive stats to make sure he survives being focused.
Maybe you argue that if the creatures get hit and soak up damage/actions, it doesnt matter which interceptor you summon, since all fullfill this job. But, the angel will soak up more damage/actions in the majority of games.
On the paper the three interceptors might look equally tough, but on the board the angel is much better suited in many situations.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 09:48:23 AM by Charmyna »

Charmyna

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Dark Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2013, 09:12:02 AM »
Some thoughts about the lightning + 2 trait from the dwarf panzergarde:

If you use arc lightning against the panzergarde thats 5 dice and a 50% chance to stun. So on average you do 2.5 crits and some normal damage. I havent done the math, but lets assume you do 3.5 total damage on average. So what about the effect? Most of the time the panzergarde will be on guard, so if you stun him he looses 2 actions (the guard marker is removed and he cant use his next turn to do anything). So on average one arc lightning will make the panzergarde loose 1/2*2=1 action.
Now, compare this with surging wave: Surging wave does 3 damage. So on average thats maybe 2 damage against the panzergarde and 5/12 chance to push. Lets assume the dwarf is pushed into a wall so thats another 5/12*2=10/12 damage on average (the math is not 100% correct, its an approximation). So the total damage of surging wave against the dwarf is 2+5/6 on average. Now, the effect: Surging wave has a chance of 5/6 to slam the target, which also removes the guard. But, it does not prevent the panzergarde from using its next action to guard again. So on average one surging wave makes the dwarf loose 5/6 actions.
In the end, arc lightning does more damage and makes the guard loose more actions than surging wave, which already is an awesome spell against guards/defences!
Why I tell you this? Because I want to show that +2 lightning is quite a weakness which should not be ignored.

To further illustrate this, think of the following situation which is simplified for sure, but it helps understanding the weakness of the panzergarde and the strength of the guardian angel:
Assume both mages are wizards and have wizard towers. During three rounds, the wizards focus each other with their spells and both towers shoot 3 times with a 5 mana spell on the guarding creature of the opponent  (in one case its a panzergarde, in the other its a guardian angel) to remove its guard and therefore get around the intercept.
First, the panzergarde:
The tower casts an arc lightning (cause its even better than surging wave against panzergarde) 3 times, which on average will make the panzergarde loose 3 actions and will do a total amount of 10.5 damage (approximation).
Next, the guardian angel:
The tower will cast surging wave since its the best spell to remove guard markers unless the guard has +2 lightning. With 3 casts surging wave will make the angel loose 15/6=2.5 actions on average. Additionally surging wave will do 1.5 damage on average versus the angel (thats no approximation, at least if i did the math correctly) and with 5/12 chance it will do another 1.5 damage if the angel is pushed into a wall. So thats a total of 1.5+5/12*1.5=2.125 damage per spell. Now, you need to include the self healing of the angel.

To sum up: In these 3 rounds both wizards used the same amount of mana to get around the interceptors and only used the towers action. At the end of this example the dwarf will have lost more actions on average and will be nearly dead! While the angel lost less actions and is nearly at full health.
This is just a simplified example and im talking of average values, but situations like this happen in many games in some way or the other and thinking of average damage/action loss helps to understand which side has a higher chance of winning in situations like this.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 09:50:49 AM by Charmyna »

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2013, 09:22:19 AM »
Between the Flying, Aegis, and Self healing, the Angel is a much studier and versatile creature than the Dwarf. I typically have to focus 3-4 actions to kill her. That is a lot of time and mana to get rid of her. The best thing I have found is to be 3 zones away from her and make her move twice in one round, then you focus on her.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2013, 02:47:45 PM »
Another reason why the angel is harder to kill then the panzer dude is because it has flying.

After the first attack vs the angel, only ranged and flyers can hit her because she stops guarding and gains flying back.

And btw the panzer dudes defense is +6 when guarding - or equal to.
I realize you use unavoidable in your example to stun it, but in the cases where it only gets dazed it has better defense than the angel.

Charmyna

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Dark Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2013, 03:07:26 PM »
Another reason why the angel is harder to kill then the panzer dude is because it has flying.

After the first attack vs the angel, only ranged and flyers can hit her because she stops guarding and gains flying back.

And btw the panzer dudes defense is +6 when guarding - or equal to.
I realize you use unavoidable in your example to stun it, but in the cases where it only gets dazed it has better defense than the angel.

Yeah, you are right, it has better defence if only dazed and guarding. Still, in my example I just cared about if the guard is stunned/slammed or not. Actually the possibility of arc lightning to daze makes the situation I described above even worse for the wizard with panzergarde.

Fentum

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2013, 04:05:03 PM »
Ref angel vs panzergarde...

Flying makes the angel way more versatile. Particularly useful if a wizard is building walls as part if the control tactic. Same with flying on Nec Vamp. Many useful synergies and abilities going on with a decent wizard build.

Gargoyle is similar, but the casual healing really helps in practice. More so than in theory craft.

reddawn

• Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2013, 04:18:12 PM »
1. Your point on the vampire is kind of an oversimplification of what's actually going on.  It's not as if you somehow gain mana when your opponent controls your creatures, you still payed 16 for your vampire, and it's still significantly worse round after round with PB on it.  You could say the same thing for many creatures affected by a control card, true, but it's more the fact that your opponent doesn't really need a variety of spells to deal with what you're doing between the Angel and the Vampire. 

The vampire's base stats are decent for 16, but comparatively, other creatures at that cost have better.

Overall, all I am saying is that I don't think it's a good idea to go into a game consistantly casting creatures that require only one line of interaction (Finite Life).  If it's working for you, that's fine; do what works if it wins you games.  The Vampire and GA are certainly strong enough creatures to support what you're trying to do.  I'd just advocate being a little more flexible in your openings, and to consider a combination of creatures that require your opponent to interact on different axes in an effort to round out the build.

2. I'm kind of skeptical that you only need a Vampire to attack.  At least in my games, even a Pet Steelclaw or Adramelech needs some kind of additional creature support in order to effectively go on the offensive against a group of large creatures plus the enemy Mage.  I don't really know what kind of builds you play against, so I can't say for sure though. 

The only one posted here is a "pre CoK" FM sniper build, which is pretty odd honestly.  Pre CoK I would say that Grimson is an awful card, but with the new line of intercept creatures, he has become significantly better since it's much harder to just efficiently nuke him down with a Fireball/Hurl Boulder.

3. Well, here's my opinion on the "very important" cards, with a "yes" for it should be included in every book and a "no" for it's not that important:

Dispel: yes.

Seeking Dispel: no.

Teleport: no.

Nullify: no.

Jinx: no.

E. T.: no.

The only card I've found I can't live without is Dispel, because enchantments are just too important.  The rest on your list I obviously have very different thoughts than you about, but they're all just meta-pick cards that no book needs from the start. 

There are many more cards from other schools that I could list that are strictly more relevant than 95% of the cards you list there.  Rhino Hide, Bear Strength, Bull Endurance, Regrowth, Cheetah Speed, Agony, Ghoul Rot, Marked for Death, Chains of Agony, various heal/protection spells from the Holy school, a few from the Mind school like the Push spells and Block...those are all cards that don't need a really specific situation to be good.  Cards like Purge Magic, Mage Wand, and Elemental Cloak aren't inherently worth their cost and are not worth playing unless youre in a very specific situation.  Dispel is really the only Arcane card that I can guarantee I'll use every game, or at least have a very high chance of using.

4.  I could say a lot here, but I'll suffice with this: flying on these intercept creatures isn't terribly relevant, because creatures lose flying when they guard, which they should be doing because they aren't good at attacking.  The angel especially only actually heals when it chooses to forgo its flying and guard, so I don't get the correlation you're making.  I've played against these cards, and really, you don't need to explain it out on paper to get a good idea that they're pretty much all the same card, albeit tweaked in fairly irrelevant ways.

TLDR: There's a lot here we disagree about, but my main on-topic thought is that I'm going to respectfully recommend that you try to include some creatures that require different answers into your opening, as a way to be less predictable and cover the weaknesses of your creatures.  Right now, they share the same weaknesses, and my own experience has told me that it doesn't take long for your opponents to adapt to that and punish it.   

Not saying your opening is really weak, because I did the math and you seem to be optimizing the amount of mana you're spending (which is good), just that adding some variety in the types of creatures you play would make your opening harder to attack.