April 27, 2024, 06:46:07 PM

Author Topic: Errata Effects on Priest spellbook.  (Read 4595 times)

Dravidius

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Errata Effects on Priest spellbook.
« on: July 26, 2013, 10:33:47 PM »
    So I was wondering how many of you Priest/Priestess players out there are reworking your books in light of the now Unique Hand of Bim-Shalla.  Since you can't have more than one out at a time what do you build now, or do you still put two or three copies of the card in your book just in case the one you put out gets blasted?

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: Errata Effects on Priest spellbook.
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 10:51:25 PM »
Curious how many will ditch the temple build based around the ToL night also.  Its still good, but a lot more mana drain than it used to be... I guess along those lines, how many people are just ignoring the errata for home play?

Dravidius

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 11:21:59 PM »
Good point Moonglow.  I mean if you are playing casually, which right now I think a lot of people are,  then maybe it isn't a big deal.  I however am planning to follow the errata because I think they keep things balanced.  Two or three Hands on is insanely good.  I would say that people are going to be putting in more forges to get personal armor out for their priest/priestess.  Perhaps one Hand, one temple of Light, and one Temple of Asyra.  I don't know, just curious how things are going to change for people.

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, 12:28:57 AM »
Its a bit of a double whammy though, if people pull back on the Hands, which they might as well do, then the ToL is less effective also.  So its not just more expensive to run, but less useful also.

Dravidius

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2013, 03:05:18 AM »
I think there is a lot of room for expansion of the temple conjurations.  For example, perhaps a temple that does a single function of the Hand.  A sanctuary that gives armor, and a war temple that gives a bonus to melee.  In fact the Renewing Spring and the nonexclusive Warlord outposts could be spliced into the priest/priestess to beef it up.

piousflea

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 01:09:30 PM »
Hand of Bim-Shalla is still very effective as a Unique, I see lots of people running with 2-3 in their deck. (so they can replace it if it gets destroyed)

Temple of Light does not seem very usable post-nerf.

Fentum

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 05:50:27 PM »

Temple of Light does not seem very usable post-nerf.

I keep thinking about a stun lock deck utilising Arc Lightning from a Wizard's Tower, Arc Lightning from the Wizard, plus a ToL two dice attack with a Hand. It is stage two of a Nec Vamp, Guardian Angel, Air Wizard book.

Just seems an expensive risky play.

Arlemus

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2013, 02:10:34 AM »
    So I was wondering how many of you Priest/Priestess players out there are reworking your books in light of the now Unique Hand of Bim-Shalla.  Since you can't have more than one out at a time what do you build now, or do you still put two or three copies of the card in your book just in case the one you put out gets blasted?

My (Priest) build usually starts out as:

Turn 1: 2 mana flowers

Turn 2: Guardian angel or Knight

Turn 3: Holy avenger Knight

I only use a Hand about half of my games.  There's no point in casting them at the start (Turn 1-3ish), they'd just sit there, and if your opponent is keeping his/her plays relevant Hands don't really solve any 1 problem well enough.  If your opponent isn't keeping his/her plays relevant well, congrats on your win.  Not to say hands are bad or a bad investment, I just think they aren't as staple as people try to make them seem.

Even as a Priest/Priestess main, I never bought into this whole "temple build" phenomenon.  Temple build was just a way to punish loose builds and basically just take advantage of newer players.  But I digress.

• Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer