April 26, 2024, 12:00:36 PM

Author Topic: 4 player kit on Ebay  (Read 4613 times)

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
4 player kit on Ebay
« on: July 23, 2013, 08:20:48 PM »
Was interested to see this 4 player kit on Ebay.  I'm guessing its not an official package, but rather looks like it was made up from a base set + the extra tokens.  I'm keen for one! :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mage-Wars-4-PLAYER-KIT-2x-Status-Board-Cube-Set-Action-Marker-Set-NEW-/390607980799

lil_drag_n

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: 4 player kit on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 12:12:58 AM »
Get a second core set.  I did and it was well worth it. I bought it instead of buying the spell tomes, but getting the board and extra player equipment is perfect. My friends only need to bring their spell books now. I have everything for the 2v2 team battle or 4 way death match.
Jedi vs that orc guy from L of the R, wow what a mix,... i wonder if AW would consider Dhalsim a mage.

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 03:33:38 PM »
To be honest I've got the extra tokens coming in an order an will have a go at making some magnetic status boards, so sort of imagine that (well at least hope) that will do me. I'm a little reluctant to buy a second core set almost just on principle (can you tell I'm a ccg or lcg ludite :)  I've been a bit hesitant about mage wars anyway, just in terms of how much I'll get it to the table, having to buy two sets just feels wrong.

lil_drag_n

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 11:02:59 PM »
I was thinking about buying the spell tomes for extra cards ( i make spellbooks for each mage so friend and newbies dont have to have there own to play. I have intro 3 friends to mw already and now they have there own set).  It was just a better value to get another core set. But honestly one core set goes a long way.
Jedi vs that orc guy from L of the R, wow what a mix,... i wonder if AW would consider Dhalsim a mage.

Mohobie

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2013, 10:20:39 AM »
I've been waiting for the local shop to stock the alternate color set for a very long time. Most everyone at the shop has their own card set so the marker boards are in ample supply. Besides if your going to play a 4 player game you will want to combine the arenas to make a 4*6. Which requires 2 core sets be present. Honestly play a few games with some gamers and I bet you'll see them picking up their own copy so they can design a spell book of their own.
Good...bad...I'm the guy with the gun...

Vlarg

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2013, 04:33:24 PM »
Ha...these are my listings. I've sold quite a few of these (and extra token sets).

My advice would be to buy an extra core. Shrug.