April 23, 2024, 11:31:47 AM

Author Topic: Where would I go to get some alt art mages?  (Read 3926 times)

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Where would I go to get some alt art mages?
« on: July 23, 2013, 04:10:00 AM »
I've seen some of the alternate art for each mage on Facebook. I get the impression that these mage cards are being released somewhere,  possibly along with alternate mage stat cards. Is this the case?  They do seem the kind of thing that would make great promotional cards, but I always feel a little bitter when that's the approach, as promos struggle to get to the southern hemisphere for a reasonable cost.

Anyway,  just curious as I really like the idea of being able to choose the look and feel of my mage (which I guess I could anyway, don't know why we've never mixed up the mage cards :)  for some reason we'd got a bit stuck on 'that's the mage,  that's the beast master').

feedback

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Where would I go to get some alt art mages?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 09:26:04 AM »
Hello! The alternate beastmistress and the alternate priest are already in the market, included in the "Conquest of Kumanjaro" expansion. They are already reaching Europe (it was released a month ago or so in the United States), so I think it will reach the southern hemisphere soon too :) The rest of alternate cards will be released in forthcoming expansions too :)

As regarding promos, up to date all the cards that have been released are -or will be- included in forthcoming expansions, so the policy of Arcane Wonders seems to avoid promo cards as something exclusive for the lucky ones who manage to get them. The promos are just gold foil cards, and make the particular spell available for the owner several months before they reach the market, but we will all get them sooner or later. Don't worry about that.

Hope it helps!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 09:50:03 AM by feedback »
“Can a magician kill a man by magic?” Lord Wellington asked Strange. Strange frowned. He seemed to dislike the question. “I suppose a magician might,” he admitted, “but a gentleman never would.”

Wiz-Pig

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 11:11:42 AM »
As a continuation of what feedback said: If you have seen alternate art for any of the other mages it is intended to be released in a future set with an alternate stat card. So far at least they have not released these alternate cards (artwork or stat) as promos ahead of the general release. I do not believe that they intend to do so in the future either, though that is just a hunch.

lil_drag_n

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 06:55:34 PM »
Actually, i found a picture online showing the first 12 mages. Original 4, their alts, fm, wl, druid and necro.
 I don't know what i was looking for at the time. And I can't find it again. Lucky I downloaded it. Female warlock looks awesome.
I will post it if some one from AW says it OK to.  Don't want to steal their thunder.
Jedi vs that orc guy from L of the R, wow what a mix,... i wonder if AW would consider Dhalsim a mage.

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 08:23:11 PM »
Thanks for the replies - I've got the expansions coming (and have FM vs W), but hadn't seen any discussion of alternate mages - other than the priest and J BM being variants of the BM and priestess.  So just wasn't sure whether they were being released through other channels.

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out ;)

Wiz-Pig

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 08:24:05 PM »
Arcane Wonder has posted those images on their Facebook page.

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 10:03:40 PM »
Yeah that's where I saw them... so was more wondering if they're making some cards I'll get hold of one day or if I should artscow them or something to get something playable this year....

Arcane Wonder has posted those images on their Facebook page.

Mohobie

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2013, 10:23:14 AM »
This has been answered, but a few players at my local shop have actually went one step further and started using d&d miniatures to represent their cards on the board. As it turns out there are models very similar to most of the cards.
Good...bad...I'm the guy with the gun...