April 28, 2024, 07:53:30 PM

Author Topic: Zone question  (Read 3990 times)

Dravidius

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Zone question
« on: July 22, 2013, 03:20:54 PM »
Hey gang,

Another question that just came to mind that occurred in game. 

Is there a limit of 6 cards in a zone at a time or six creatures?  If a zone has a Tanglevine, a mage and zone enchantment like Sacred Ground, and 3 creatures, can another come into the zone or does the zone have to be cleared out? 

Thanks again,

Dravidius

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
Re: Zone question
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 04:35:53 PM »
There are no limitations like this for a zone. You only need to watch for object with the Zone Exclusive trait, as only one object with this trait is allowed in a zone. The things to watch for are Epic and Unique. Epic only allows for one copy of the spell to be on the board at a time (both mages only 1), where as Unique allows for one copy of the spell to be on the board for a given mage.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Wiz-Pig

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 11:13:55 AM »
There is however a practical limit to how many cards you can actually fit on the physical space of the zone. A limit that I have come up against once or twice.

Fentum

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 01:51:40 PM »
There is however a practical limit to how many cards you can actually fit on the physical space of the zone. A limit that I have come up against once or twice.

Twenty Eight.  ::)

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 06:11:49 PM »

I on occasion take the "attached" enchantments from my mage or creatures and place them beside the board. It helps keep the zone clean when there are a bunch of creatures / conjurations in a given zone.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 07:29:25 PM »
A casual system a little like the War of the Ring 'full zone' tokens and assigned board space could work. 

Since it'd be more object (creature/conjuration/mage) based, then basically matching tokens, one on the object card on the board, the other on a stack of cards/enchantments etc beside the board to indicate they belong to the on board object.

Fentum

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 02:49:27 AM »

I on occasion take the "attached" enchantments from my mage or creatures and place them beside the board. It helps keep the zone clean when there are a bunch of creatures / conjurations in a given zone.

That works well. I tend to do that on OCTGN and it looks a lot cleaner.

Dravidius

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2013, 05:00:27 PM »
I am with you gang.  I started putting all the enchantment that were on my mage next to the board to save space.

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2013, 03:57:27 AM »
   We have equipment off the board next to the mana/life board and spread that out along the bottom of the arena. Leaving enchantments on the mage. That way it can be seen which were cast first as they are stacked under the card in order. It works pretty well.