April 19, 2024, 07:14:56 AM

Author Topic: TEMPLE RUN!  (Read 9541 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
TEMPLE RUN!
« on: July 21, 2013, 06:11:25 PM »
Warlord

Conjurations

3 Wall of Stone
3 Wall of Steel
4 Tanglevine
2 Temple of the Dawnbreaker
2 Archer's Watchtower

Creatures

5 Goblin Builder
2 Grimson Deadeye, Sniper
2 Giant Wolf Spider
3 Dwarf Panzergarde

Enchantments

1 Mongoose Agility
2 Cheetah Speed
3 Hellfire trap
3 Teleport trap
3 Spiked Pit
1 Force Orb

Equipment

1 Defense Ring
2 Eagleclaw boots
1 Ivarium Longbow

Incantations

2 Dispel
2 Seeking Dispel
2 Dissolve

If you like Tom and Jerry, you will like this spellbook. It's a chase build, but rather than chasing my opponent, I'm having my opponent chase me. The first thing I do is cast a cheetah speed on myself. Then over the next 2-3 rounds, I start moving and placing 3 of my walls in the center of the arena, to create a circuit. If my opponent or one of their creatures starts getting too close for comfort before I'm done placing the 3 walls, I'll cast a teleport trap or a tanglevine.

Then once the walls are down, I continue to run away from my opponent, placing Panzergardes and traps on the field to slow them down and do damage. I also use the Panzergardes to protect myself. At some point when I have enough mana I cast Temple of the Dawnbreaker in one of the two center zones. At another point when I have enough mana I either cast a Giant Wolf Spider while behind my opponent, or a Grimson Deadeye Sniper in the other center zone as well as an Archer's Watchtower. That way those wizards and priestesses and the like can't just stand still and will have to run after me.

If I'm threatened by a creature(s) with climbing or flying, or if I'm facing a Forcemaster, I will equip myself with Eagleclaw Boots, so I can climb over my own walls. If my opponent tries to swarm me with hindering creatures, I'll cast Mongoose Agility on myself and escape from the swarm. I have Goblin Builders to help me cast conjurations and protect them from destruction with their healing ability, and I have extra walls to replace the destroyed ones, and also so that I can choose between the two types of walls I have depending on what I'm up against.

I have Force Orb and Defense Ring to help defend myself from ranged attacks, and an Ivarium Longbow to make some of my own.

I win by dealing damage from a combination of creature attacks and Traps.

I think I've covered everything. So what do you think of my new spellbook build?
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

nitrodavid

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
    • East Coast Hobbies
Re: TEMPLE RUN!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 02:49:19 AM »
some thoughts, climb requires you to spend a full turn to get over a wall so any flying creature will be able to move to next square and attack you indefinably (ie you wont be able to guard).

may i suggest to though in 2-3 maim-wings to drop flying creatures to the ground, and if you wall correctly the other mage cant even dispel it. or get some spell/creature that do bonus damage to flying eg jetstream/eastwind/windspirit
Being Aussie we place all our cards face down, apart from enchantments which are face up

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 10:28:59 AM »
@nitrodavid

If you are playing promo's Gravikor is great anti-flying tech.....
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 11:55:38 AM »
I completely forgot about climbing being a full action! With that in mind, Gravikor seems like a GREAT choice. And without the Eagleclaw boots, that means I can have a pair of Reflex Boots! Any other suggestions? Also, what do you think of the theme? This build was actually inspired by the game "Temple Run" for iPhone.
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Fentum

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 12:12:42 PM »
It looks like fun so just give it a go.

You might add a couple of walls of thorns and a little force push... Just to keep them honest.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 12:29:00 PM »
I completely forgot about climbing being a full action! With that in mind, Gravikor seems like a GREAT choice. And without the Eagleclaw boots, that means I can have a pair of Reflex Boots! Any other suggestions? Also, what do you think of the theme? This build was actually inspired by the game "Temple Run" for iPhone.

Once you drop Gravikor, the full action cost of the climb is back in play. A they beastie would not be on the other side waiting on you. I like the boots idea a lot....
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 10:05:52 AM »
Okay, updated list:

Warlord

Conjurations

2 Wall of Stone
2 Wall of Steel
2 Wall of Thorns
4 Tanglevine
2 Temple of the Dawnbreaker
2 Archer's Watchtower
1 Gravikor

Creatures

5 Goblin Builder
1 Grimson Deadeye, Sniper
1 Giant Wolf Spider
3 Dwarf Panzergarde

Enchantments

2 Mongoose Agility
3 Cheetah Speed
3 Hellfire trap
3 Teleport trap
3 Spiked Pit
1 Force Orb

Equipment

1 Defense Ring
2 Eagleclaw boots
1 Ivarium Longbow

Incantations

2 Dispel
2 Seeking Dispel
2 Dissolve
3 Force Push

Wiz-Pig

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 11:23:31 AM »
This is really amusing! I'd love to play against this deck... not sure I'd want to play it. My only question is: how on earth do you plan to use 5 Goblin Builders?! Are they intended to be a repair team? If so, even with 5 of them they aren't very effective at repairing stuff.

Fentum

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2013, 01:50:45 PM »

Tweaked deck looks like a lot of fun. See you on OCTGN.

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2013, 05:04:20 PM »
It's to help make my conjurations last a bit longer, particularly my walls. If a couple of my opponent's creatures start attacking one or two of my conjurations, they can slow down the assault a bit with their conjuration healing ability. Also, they can cast conjurations for me, so I don't always have to waste my mages actions to replace walls or to cast other conjurations, particularly if I want to place something in a location that is either inconvenient or impossible for my mage to cast in. And since the goblin builders are fragile, I have a couple extra to replace them with.

Then again, if my opponent thinks its safe to threaten my conjurations in the manner I just described, full action summoning to protect my conjurations might be the last thing I want to do. I should probably cut it down to 3 and put in another wall, shouldn't I?

Yeah, this build is pretty fun. I would love to play it in real life! How viable do you think it would be in organized play?

Wiz-Pig

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2013, 08:30:48 PM »
It's to help make my conjurations last a bit longer, particularly my walls. If a couple of my opponent's creatures start attacking one or two of my conjurations, they can slow down the assault a bit with their conjuration healing ability. Also, they can cast conjurations for me, so I don't always have to waste my mages actions to replace walls or to cast other conjurations, particularly if I want to place something in a location that is either inconvenient or impossible for my mage to cast in. And since the goblin builders are fragile, I have a couple extra to replace them with.

Then again, if my opponent thinks its safe to threaten my conjurations in the manner I just described, full action summoning to protect my conjurations might be the last thing I want to do. I should probably cut it down to 3 and put in another wall, shouldn't I?

Yeah, this build is pretty fun. I would love to play it in real life! How viable do you think it would be in organized play?

Yah that's what I was thinking: sometime's it's easier just to cast another wall. I have no idea honestly, you should give it a whirl and report back.

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2013, 01:56:38 PM »
Murphy has tried this build and made some improvements. I took his suggestions and updated the spellbook:

Warlord

Conjurations

1 Archer's Watchtower
2 Mangler Caltrops
1 Temple of the Dawnbreaker
2 Wall of Steel
2 Wall of Stone
4 Tanglevine
1 Wall of Thorns
1 Gravikor
2 Wall of Pikes

Creatures

3 Goblin Builder
1 Grimson Deadeye, Sniper
1 Giant Wolf Spider
3 Dwarf Panzerguarde

Enchantments

3 Cheetah Speed
3 Hellfire Trap
3 Teleport Trap
3 Spiked Pit
2 Mongoose Agility
1 Force Orb
5 Decoy

Equipment
1 Defense Ring
2 Eagleclaw Boots
1 Ivarium Longbow

Incantations

2 Dispel
2 Seeking Dispel
2 Dissolve
3 Force Push
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 08:13:04 PM by Imaginator »

The Dude

• Hitchhiker of sorts
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
  • It's like... good gracious...bodacious.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2013, 06:34:49 PM »
You have two watchtowers and one sniper... I don't see why you have two of them! Other than that interesting build from a quick glance.
  • Favourite Mage: Johktari Beastmaster
Always carry a towel...

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2013, 08:12:10 PM »
Oops. I think that was a mistake I made since I was tired. I'll change it.

Evolusi

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2013, 02:05:05 PM »
Man this looks like a LOT of fun!!

Do me a huge favor, get either Camstudio or Fraps and Please please fraps a game and high speed it and upload to youtube

I would love to see this in action