April 26, 2024, 11:56:25 AM

Author Topic: Manly Warlock-3.0  (Read 9103 times)

Ahlano

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Manly Warlock-3.0
« on: July 20, 2013, 08:49:04 PM »
3rd Update :)

The Manly Warlock
If you stick the the "Golden Rule" you may enjoy this deck greatly...
Basic idea is to walk to your opponent... and start punching him in the gut... if he turtles...start raining firestorm to knock on his door, ask for nice chat :3... if he doesnt welcome you... kick the door down and start the hurtin...

As you punch your pentagram will start to feed of the enemy blood... and soon a nice chat, will turn into a party with your blood reaper... or bring in the dog... This game is won by takin down the mage... not the creatures... keep in mind...

Stay in your opponents face all day... if he punches back... enjoy it!... theres no room for fear in this deck... (unless its helm of fear)...

Damage Level:

38=      Game over, you faught well :')
25-37= If you dont have ways to heal... give up on defense, start full rage manmode (manmode is not the same than stupid mode, punch smart)
19-25= You need to drain and vamp
7-19=   The Fight is Starting, enjoy the rush...
1-7=     Fight hasnt even started... damage? what damage?

Enjoy :)

ATTACK SPELLS 

1 Ring of Fire
2 Flame Blast
1 Firestorm
2 Fireball

CONJURATION SPELLS

Mana Crystal
Sacrificial Altar

CREATURE SPELLS

2 Dark Pact Slayer
   Necropian Vampiress
   Adramelech, Lord of Fire
   Goran, Werewolf Pet

ENCHANTMENT SPELLS

Bear Strength
   Cheeta Speed
2 Nullify
2 Agony
2 Chains of Agony
   Death Link
   Enfeeble
   Ghoul Rot
3 Megabane
   Maim Wings
2 Poisoned Blood
2 Vampirism
   Enchantment Transfusion
2 Jinx

Equipment

Regrowth Belt
2 Dragonscale Hauberk
   Guntlets of Strength
2 Lash of Hellfire
   Helm of Fear
   Sectarus, Dark Rune Sword
   Fireshaper Ring
   Leather Boots
   Ring of Curses

Incantation

Teleport
2 Dispel
   Force Push
   Explode
2 Dissolve
2 Drain Life
   Drain Soul
   Battle Fury
2 Seeking Dispel

120 Spell points of awesome :)

Golden Rule: Melee Attack if Possible, Punch what ever is near... If u have Guntlets of Strength, WICH U SHOULD!...thats 5 Attack Dice... :) 6 if u have a weapon

How to use spells? (At least how do i use them)

Attack Spells
Save them to either Finish off a creature that could get healed, Finish off Flayers or creatures with Defense

Conjuration Spells
Testing Altar for now... Pentagram was removed

Creature Spells
I would highly go against summoning a creature as my full action... hold on to you creatures untill pentagram is ready, i usually summon a Pact Slayer with BloodReaper First...followed by either Adramelech or Doggie (Werewolf :P )

Enchantment Spels
Try to bait ot despells... early magebane, chains of agony on mage, poison blood mid game...and later on second poison blood, asumming the first one got dispelled... Set a vampirism asap and just let it attached un revealed on your mage untill u actually need it... (usually i consider myself in need... when im over 15dmg...)

Incantation Spells
Drain life to finish of a creature, to finish of a mage... remember.. Its DIRECT DAMAGE... <3 (Good luck on your rolls xD 5 dice can mean 10 dmg... or 0)

Big thanks again to Reddawn, will continue to Test and Update :)

Well thats it
Any Comments are well received and usefull.

WARLOCK FTW <3 ( Let them BUUUURN >:( )
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 08:51:36 PM by Ahlano »
Warlock FTW, untill necro comes out ._.

reddawn

• Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
Re: Manly Warlock
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 02:18:39 PM »
3 Drain Life seems a little excessive, especially since you have no Mana Crystals to buffer the heavy cost.  I'd drop one or two and add a Mana Crystal or two and a Shift Enchantment, to use with the curses.

6 Fireblasts is also a lot.  It's a fine card, but I doubt you will cast it 6 times in a game.  Start with 2, then go from there if you need more.

No Ring of Curses?  Most Warlock builds should have it, including this one.

Im not really sold on Pentagram in this build.  You would need more Imps and Bats to make it worth its enormous cost, and even then Im not sure.

Finally, I'd really recommend Fireballs; being able to attack at 2 zone range is pretty important for killing opposing mages quickly.  If you have Sectarus, that means you have the Forcemaster vs Warlord expansion, which means you must have Sniper Shot, so if you're worried about defenses, just put one in.  It also provides some piercing, so it's ok against armor too.

So, overall, I recommend:

-2 Drain Life (6)
-1 Pentagram (4)
-4 Fireblast (4)

for:

+2 Mana Crystal (4)
+1 Ring of Curses (1)
+1 Shift Enchantment (1)
+2 Fireball (4)
+1 Sniper Shot (2)
+1 Falcon Precision (2)

Other than that, everything looks fine.  I personally wouldn't use 4 Tanglevines, but Tanglevine is a flexible card so if you like them, use them. 
  • Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock

Fentum

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: Manly Warlock
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 04:38:36 PM »

That is a very nice and specific critique. Particularly the in out summary.

piousflea

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: Manly Warlock-3.0
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 01:20:11 PM »
As many curses as you are running, you need Enchanter's Wardstones to protect them from dispels. I'd recommend two, assuming you have Conquest expansion. I would replace both Jinxes with Wardstones as Jinx isn't that great for Warlock - it's inherently mana-inefficient and mana is already a problem for you.

reddawn

• Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 04:07:16 PM »
Id really recommend an extra Bear Strength.  Keeping your dice count up in this kind of build is very important, because you aren't likely to win the late-game (you have 2 Poisoned Bloods specifically to try and prevent a late-game, after all).

3 Magebane (you call it Megabane, lol) seems like 1 too many, unless they're eating 2 Dispels every game.

Is Enchantment Transfusion there to try out?  I haven't really been too impressed with it; Shift Enchantment is usually enough.

No Moloch's Torment?  Imo, Ring of Curses and MT are the Warlock's best equipment, and should be included in nearly every build.  They're just too useful, be it for ensuring Bloodthirsty on your Blood Reaper and Goran or wracking up 3 damage per turn with Ghoul Rot, etc.

Speaking of Equips, how are you finding Helm of Fear?  I've really never liked it very much...it's rather expensive for a 25% chance to work.  I suppose it's infinite, but meh...I'd rather include a Rhino Hide (to boost your armor up to a possible 4) or another Agony.  It's hard to have enough Agony-s (3 is usually enough ::) )

No Marked for Death? Initially, I wasn't a fan of the Mark, but it's grown on me a lot (after playing with it with the Johktari BM) and now it's one of my favorite enchants.  It's very good for increasing your dice count after your Bear Strength(s) stick, and is particularly good for slaughtering a problematic enemy creature.  I mean, with Adramelech + Bear Strength + Mark, you're rolling 9+ dice. 

That's pretty manly, if you ask me.

Other than that, this book gets my Warlock Stamp of Approval.  I don't really know what that means, but wear it with pride.

Ahlano

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 04:28:11 PM »
Ty for your feedback...

I just removed the jinx.. not really a fan of it... since opponent gets the mana and card back... :/

Enchanters stone.. I have been tempted to try it out... i may do so..see how it goes...

ty piousflea

now reddawn...
BearStrength, well im trying to figure out if i should up it... dont know yet.. will try to see how it goes..
the Magebane.. MEGAbane :P, feels nice at 3.. its almost quickly dispeled...ive tried 2 and 1... ill keep playing to see if it stays at 3 or down to 2...

Transfusion..worked 1 game.. maybe 2... but not feeling it alot...

Molochs Torment... yes i will defently send it back..i had it..then removed it because i lowered my curses..but now im back on curses... and tottaly forgot about it... just for the bloodthirst advantage...

Helm of Fear... when i have used it..its been great... and i have used 1..out of... 15? games? prob gonna remove it... its guud..but yeah..it is expensive..and thats usually the reason i have not been using it... i mostly go for armor...

Marked of Death... i feel it doesnt do thaat much since most of the time i only have 1 creature up... some rare ocassions.. ihave 2... and i dont feel i get much... but maybe i just need to try it out... on beastmaster decks mark is soooo gud... and maybe thats why i have been ignore it... since its not as good with my warlock style... but its still good...so i will give it a chance...

ty reddawn... your name reminds me of a movie xD, Red Dawn...

Ty both for the feedback...
will update as soon as i get to play some more....

reddawn

• Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 05:45:47 PM »
Yeah, I realized shortly after I made my account name that I had accidentally named myself after some random B-rate movie.

Go figure.

It's actually more because I'm a student majoring in Soviet history/literature.  People called Soviets "Reds" here in the U.S. back in the day, and "dawn" is a random word that goes well with color words, so yeah, now you know.

Now go put Moloch's Torment back into your book.  Crazy people these days...

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2013, 05:42:33 AM »
I was thinking hunt for red October until I looked up red dawn on imdb, lol,  yeah that's embarrassing :)

Yeah, I realized shortly after I made my account name that I had accidentally named myself after some random B-rate movie.

Go figure.

It's actually more because I'm a student majoring in Soviet history/literature.  People called Soviets "Reds" here in the U.S. back in the day, and "dawn" is a random word that goes well with color words, so yeah, now you know.

Now go put Moloch's Torment back into your book.  Crazy people these days...

Ahlano

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2013, 10:24:13 AM »
i was thinking of a movie in my country (mexico)...Red Dawn = Rojo Amanecer, its a movie based on historic events... the "government" killing some students outside some school...  but lets get outof topic here... xD
thats not manly...

So much talk  about manly, makes me want to change the name to the OverCompensating Warlock loooool