April 29, 2024, 03:21:52 AM

Author Topic: Accessories questions...  (Read 3520 times)

ShamanX

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Accessories questions...
« on: September 19, 2012, 07:27:31 PM »
Hi there.. I am a shop owner and just got a copy of Mage Wars in my hands today.. :woohoo:  looking forward to playing! I do have some questions about accessories and organized play. I understand that you folks are very busy with the release right now and that some of these questions may not be fully answerable, but I'll put them out here anyway...

What is the official word on correct sleeve size for Mage Wars?

Will Arcane Wonders produce Mage Wars themed sleeves or license anyone to do this?

What kinds of expansion products will be produced in the future? What will be included with the mage expansions? Will spell books be available separately?

Also, in organized play will players need to own a core set or will they be OK with a mage expansion and perhaps a core spell tome? Just curious how it will work for players that don't own Mage Wars that want to participate.

Thanks and good luck!

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Accessories questions...
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 07:14:17 AM »
Quote from: "ShamanX" post=1254
Hi there.. I am a shop owner and just got a copy of Mage Wars in my hands today.. :woohoo:  looking forward to playing! I do have some questions about accessories and organized play. I understand that you folks are very busy with the release right now and that some of these questions may not be fully answerable, but I'll put them out here anyway...

Will Arcane Wonders produce Mage Wars themed sleeves or license anyone to do this?

What kinds of expansion products will be produced in the future? What will be included with the mage expansions? Will spell books be available separately?

Also, in organized play will players need to own a core set or will they be OK with a mage expansion and perhaps a core spell tome? Just curious how it will work for players that don't own Mage Wars that want to participate.

Thanks and good luck!

MTG Size
License is in the works
What kinds of expansion products will be produced in the future?
4 player expansion, Mage expansions, separate spell books, Arch Mage's( think 3v1 boss fights),  have all been mentioned.
What will be included with the mage expansions?  
Depends on the expansion - In a 2 mage expansion the majority of the card will be new. Last time we talked about it we wanted 100-150 cards in each mage set.
Will spell books be available separately?
Currently in the works
In organized play will players need to own a core set or will they be OK with a mage expansion and perhaps a core spell tome?
As long as they can put together a 120 point spell book or borrow 1 they can play.
Just curious how it will work for players that don't own Mage Wars that want to participate?
As long as they can put together a 120 point spell book or borrow 1 they can play.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

ShamanX

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 07:43:54 AM »
Thanks for the info and fast reply!

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 08:15:08 AM »
If any of the MW team could add more info on this it would be appreciated.

As far as teaching goes check this out How to Teach Mage Wars
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

ShamanX

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 01:41:24 PM »
Thanks! I got the hardcopy of the How to Teach guide and am looking forward to using it!