April 19, 2024, 04:11:09 AM

Author Topic: Ambassador format  (Read 4276 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Ambassador format
« on: June 22, 2013, 08:57:48 PM »
One of your homeland's allies, an ally that your people have a vested interest in, is having a very horrible dispute with a neighboring nation. As is the norm when this sort of thing happens, those two countries each pit one of their best mages into the arena. However, in this particular circumstance, your people have pledged to aid their ally by sending one of their own mages to help in the coming battle. That mage is you.

Each team has two Mages: an Ambassador Mage and a Native Mage. A team wins by killing the opposing team's Native Mage, but the Ambassador's life is expendable.

-Ally Mages start the game in the same corner.
-4x3 zone arena.

So what do you think? I haven't had the chance to test it yet.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 05:32:02 PM by Imaginator »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Sarkath

• Playtester
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Ambassador format
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 12:22:30 AM »
Sounds like a neat spin. I don't know if you want to use "Ambassador" for a name seeing as that what the community leaders are called for Arcane Wonders.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 12:17:52 PM »
Yeah, but the word Diplomat doesn't sound cool at all compared to Ambassador. Maybe "envoy" I suppose? I'm not sure if that really works, though. Then again, while I'm sure it's easy to get Ambassadors in the Mage Wars Ambassador program confused with the Ambassador Mage in the Ambassador format, the difference should be very easy to explain and remember: one's a program for representing Mage Wars in the community. The other is a team position in an alternate format of playing Mage Wars.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Sarkath

• Playtester
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 07:34:45 PM »
But what if we have an Ambassador playing an Ambassador mage playing against another Ambassador as an Ambassador mage? Haha

Just busting your chops.