April 29, 2024, 09:24:35 AM

Author Topic: Stun & daze from circle of lightning  (Read 3512 times)

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
Stun & daze from circle of lightning
« on: May 31, 2013, 11:57:46 AM »
Do these get removed @ the end of the creatures (attackers) action phase? or do they last until next round?

I cant find anything in the FAQ, nor if i use the search function.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
Re: Stun & daze from circle of lightning
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 12:12:04 PM »
From the Codex:

Daze
Creature is disoriented and/or blinded. Whenever this creature makes an attack, roll the effect die at the end of the Declare Attack Step. If the result is 7 or higher, the attack is resolved normally. If the result is 6 or less, the attack “misses” its target and skips to Step 5 of the attack sequence (Additional Strikes). If it makes a Zone Attack, only check once: the entire attack either fails or succeeds normally. If a creature has more than one Daze on it, roll only one time to see if the creature misses. In addition, the Dazed creature suffers a -2 penalty to all Defense rolls for each Daze marker it has. All Daze markers are removed at the end of the creature’s Action Phase. Daze has a removal cost of 2. Conjurations cannot be Dazed.

Stun
Creature is Incapacitated. All Stun markers are removed at the end of the creature’s Action Phase. Stun has a removal cost of 4. Cannot affect conjurations.

Its real nice to do this kind of attack at the end of you non-initiative phase......you can get in two hits before he activates....
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 12:18:52 PM »
From the Codex:

Daze
Creature is disoriented and/or blinded. Whenever this creature makes an attack, roll the effect die at the end of the Declare Attack Step. If the result is 7 or higher, the attack is resolved normally. If the result is 6 or less, the attack “misses” its target and skips to Step 5 of the attack sequence (Additional Strikes). If it makes a Zone Attack, only check once: the entire attack either fails or succeeds normally. If a creature has more than one Daze on it, roll only one time to see if the creature misses. In addition, the Dazed creature suffers a -2 penalty to all Defense rolls for each Daze marker it has. All Daze markers are removed at the end of the creature’s Action Phase. Daze has a removal cost of 2. Conjurations cannot be Dazed.

Stun
Creature is Incapacitated. All Stun markers are removed at the end of the creature’s Action Phase. Stun has a removal cost of 4. Cannot affect conjurations.

Its real nice to do this kind of attack at the end of you non-initiative phase......you can get in two hits before he activates....

Its a damage barrier. and its severely broken if the counters from this damage barrier attack is removed at the end of the attacking creatures action phase AKA 0.5 second after you put the tokens on it, then you remove it.
It would only serve to help the defender counterstrike. Thats not good enough and makes circle of fire alot better.

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 12:30:54 PM »
I managed to find it on page 32 in my rule book (no idea what version i have)

Important: Any conditions that the attacker gained as a result of the defenders damage barrier or counterstrike are not resolved at the end of this action phase.

So it stays till next round.

Now i love you Again circle of lightning.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 12:36:48 PM »
Yes it is on page 28 of the V2 rules....

Important: Any conditions that the attacker gained as a result of the defender’s damage barrier or counterstrike are not resolved at the end of this Action Phase. For example, if the defender Stunned the attacker with his damage barrier, leave the Stun marker on the attacker and do not remove it at the end of this Action Phase. In this manner it will remain in play and will have an effect on the attacker for his next Action Phase.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 08:33:35 PM by sIKE »
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest