May 20, 2024, 04:51:26 PM

Author Topic: Seeking Dispel vs. stacked Enchantments  (Read 2841 times)

stargazer

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Seeking Dispel vs. stacked Enchantments
« on: May 05, 2013, 09:13:00 PM »
First post here, sorry if this is redundant. I did some searches here on the forum but didn't find the same question. 

If my mage casts a Seeking Dispel onto an opposing creature who has stacked Enchantments, do I get to pick which Enchantment gets dispelled? Does the creature's controller pick? or is it FIFO, LIFO? 

Thanks in advance for taking the time to help out!

paradox22

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • MOKAN Mage Wars
Re: Seeking Dispel vs. stacked Enchantments
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 10:20:51 PM »
The caster gets to decide which unrevealed enchantment gets dispeled.
Si vis pacem para bellum

pixelgeek

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 10:32:57 PM »
The caster has to select a target unrevealed enchantment as part of the casting of the spell.
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
Arcane Wonders Web Guy
Problem with the forums or website?

Send me a PM

Words to live by: I commit strongly to defending my wand.   Precisely so that I don't lose it.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 06:26:31 AM »
They are both correct.

As the caster of Seeking Dispel you choose what enchant you are going to destroy. Once this choice is made the or player not not reveal this enchantment but they may reveal another face down enchant just not that one you picked.  :)
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Demyan

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 06:48:29 PM »
So if I know my opponent is going to cast a Seeking Dispell (against a Wiz which just used his Familiar to look at the Nullify) this would be the only situation were it would make sense to stack a Reverse Magic on the target.

Since the target of the Seeking Dispell can not be revealed (lets still say its the Nullify), the Reverse Magic would trigger normaly, and the Nullify would remain (still hidden) on the target.

Edit: Well nevermind, always remember these spells wrong, wont work since Seeking Dispell targets the Enchantment and not the Mage.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 07:00:21 PM by Demyan »

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 06:19:52 AM »
So if I know my opponent is going to cast a Seeking Dispell (against a Wiz which just used his Familiar to look at the Nullify) this would be the only situation were it would make sense to stack a Reverse Magic on the target.

Since the target of the Seeking Dispell can not be revealed (lets still say its the Nullify), the Reverse Magic would trigger normaly, and the Nullify would remain (still hidden) on the target.

Edit: Well nevermind, always remember these spells wrong, wont work since Seeking Dispell targets the Enchantment and not the Mage.
Good to see you are taking an in depth look at this.  8)
Correct BTW
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage