April 16, 2024, 04:07:11 AM

Author Topic: 4 Person Team battle, pics.  (Read 6192 times)

Chili

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
4 Person Team battle, pics.
« on: April 25, 2013, 09:51:26 AM »
Hey everyone,
 There has been a fair amount of talk on here about multiplayer battles and how people might go about doing that.  I thought I would post some pics from the other night when I tried 2 vs. 2 with some friends.  

So as you can see I have two boards and two sets of markers and stuff.  I made the board on the right by photocopying a couple of the squares, printing them on heavy matte paper and then gluing them to a piece of cardboard.  The two little squares to keep your mana, channeling, and life on are also made the same way.  They actually came out better than I expected.  I needed some other counters for those cards so I just took some wooden square counters from another game I had to use.  As you can see I have extra action markers that I had purchased from the company website.

So we played 2 vs. 2.  The forcemaster and Warlord, vs. The Wizard and Priestess.  We placed both the teammates in the same starting zone at opposite corners.  We alternated turns and initiative between teams and players.  

It actually worked really well.  Two of the players had never played before and really liked it.  The two new players paired up with myself and another friend who have played several matches.  As anyone who has taught the game knows it takes some time to get people going and teach them everything.  Because of this our game ran really long and we weren't able to finish it out because of time constraints but it was good.  At the end the Wizard and the Priestess had the Forcemaster and the Warlord hurt fairly good.  

Overall I think it was a good test and I hope to play it again with teams.  I think with 4 people you really need two boards.  Most of the right side of our table was open but we still used it and it made it so you could maneuver and not get too congested.  Stuff does get crazy as you can imagine but it was fun and I think for those interested its really a cool change up to the game.  Also it gets those people playing who don't really like 1 vs. 1 games.  

Next I want to try 3 or 4 free for all.  I just wanted to show everyone with these pictures that while we wait for the multiplayer stuff to really come out, you can make the required stuff to play all by yourself.  

I hope you liked the pics.  See you in the arena! mu ah ah ah
Chili

Lightseed

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: 4 Person Team battle, pics.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 12:20:10 PM »
Awsome, i just want to say thanks for doing this . realy great . I am glad you enjoyd it. :D
I can see that it worked for you guyz. Great job.
I want to try it to sometime.

NerdGuy

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 09:28:48 AM »
Very cool, been itching to play a 2v2 myself.  Thanks for uploading some pics.

Preacher

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 09:54:46 AM »
Out of interest, how long did it take? Guess you have to account for 2 new players etc but roughly?

Chili

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 07:32:24 PM »
Yeah with the two people who had never played before it really added the time but we stopped at just over 3 hours.  We were having a good time and the new guys were loving the game but it was late and people had to work in the morning.  :)  As everyone has seen or you will see, the game times really speed up as you get used to all of the conditions, rules, etc. 
Chili

paradox22

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • MOKAN Mage Wars
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 01:39:58 AM »
Nice work!  Thanks for posting this! ;D
Si vis pacem para bellum