May 18, 2024, 07:42:49 AM

Author Topic: OCTGN Tournament: Thunderdome II  (Read 70168 times)

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: OCTGN Tournament: Thunderdome II
« Reply #105 on: October 14, 2015, 08:12:57 AM »
Kein Problem. Rest 3 Stunden "German mit Schwenn" sind in Ordnung. Ich erinnere mich an ein paar Worte von der Schule :D.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #106 on: October 15, 2015, 09:37:07 AM »
Just a reminder to everyone that the next round is this weekend! If you haven't contacted your opponent on a time for the match please do so!
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Mystery

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 15, 2015, 10:26:34 AM »
i understood that we have to play on this weekend no other possibility was quite surprise hanma charmyna played earlier. I did contact grit

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 15, 2015, 10:37:51 AM »
Yes, that was the plan. Unfortunately Charmyna wasn't sure that he has the time on Saturday, so we played his game earlier.
I've set times for the european games. If Coshade is willing to be more flexible, that's his business :)
Akiro, I have never prayed to you before. No one will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that one stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Akiro... so grant me strength! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #109 on: October 15, 2015, 10:41:32 AM »
Hey!
Totally willing to be more flexible! That's why internet tournies rock!

SharkBait

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 15, 2015, 10:43:36 AM »
Arxiducs and I have agreed to play Friday Oct 16th @ 2330 UTC. So that's 1830 Central US (UTC -5)
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
When in doubt, kill it with fire

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #111 on: October 16, 2015, 12:33:09 PM »
Just letting you guys know that Intangible and I both work until 1800. We will try to be on time but I would expect a delay for the start of the match

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #112 on: October 16, 2015, 06:41:46 PM »
We are ready to start the Semi-Finals match of Arxiducs vs Sharkbait

https://gaming.youtube.com/c/ArcaneDuelsOfficial/live

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #113 on: October 17, 2015, 09:26:53 AM »
Just wanted to give a congratulations to Shark. Both Arxiducs and Sharkbait have done an amazing job improving their game since Thunderdome 2.

Here is the video for the first Semi-Finals match in the American Thunderdome II League!!
 --> https://youtu.be/ha6KExlln6M

In Schwengotts stream LIVE right now! Keejchen vs Halewijn in the Semi-Finals. Whoever wins will face the legendary Charmanya in the finals!

Check it out here-----> http://www.twitch.tv/schwenkgott

Also TBD MasteryMystery and Grit will duke it out on the Arcane Duels Stream!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 09:58:43 AM by Coshade »

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 17, 2015, 11:54:22 AM »
As a druid I was creating a death-zone. Keejchen escaped with some epicly placed teleports in a teleport wand. I believe he played those rounds perfectly, If not he would have placed all those teleports as good as he did he would have died there and then. After escaping my plants I could do him a bit of damage before he completely could turn the tide and destroy me.

GRATZ to his awesome and original necromancer!
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 17, 2015, 02:10:40 PM »
Just wanted to give a congratulations to Shark. Both Arxiducs and Sharkbait have done an amazing job improving their game since Thunderdome 2.

Here is the video for the first Semi-Finals match in the American Thunderdome II League!!

In Schwengotts stream LIVE right now! Keejchen vs Halewijn in the Semi-Finals. Whoever wins will face the legendary Charmanya in the finals!

Great MATCH!

One thing. If target is Immune, it cannot be target by a spell of that subtype. So no Surgeon Wave on Hydro Immune objects :)
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 17, 2015, 02:25:05 PM »
Ro4 Keejchen vs Halewijn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmLJJpq5egE&feature=youtu.be

Gratz to Keejchen. European Final with Charmyna and Keejchen will be Sunday at 2 p.m. german time.
Akiro, I have never prayed to you before. No one will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that one stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Akiro... so grant me strength! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #117 on: October 17, 2015, 02:30:21 PM »
One thing. If target is Immune, it cannot be target by a spell of that subtype. So no Surgeon Wave on Hydro Immune objects :)

Not sure what you're referring too here. The only thing I can think of is the arxiducs using surging wave to put out his plants. When an attack spell has the extinguish trait, it can ignore the Hydro Immune trait (and deal no damage and no effect)

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 17, 2015, 04:17:48 PM »

Great MATCH!

From the FAQ:

Extinguish (Conquest of Kumanjaro)

Example of how Extinguish works: If you use an Extinguish attack with 3 attack dice against a creature with 4 Burn conditions, the Extinguish attack will roll 1 die (the minimum) and subtract 4 from the effect die roll. All 4 Burn conditions will be removed. A hydro attack (or attack spell) which has the Extinguish trait, may target an object with the Hydro Immunity trait. If it does, the attack deals no damage or effects to the object, other than to remove all Burn conditions. This is an exception to the normal immunity rules. In this manner, a Hydro attack can be used to extinguish the fires of a burning plant object, even though the attack cannot actually damage or harm that plant.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 18, 2015, 02:07:46 AM »
It was a little bit late here :)

during the match, you guys mentioned that when you use Surging wave on a target  with hydro immunity, target is not hurt at all.. I was full of confidence and joy, that i can contribute and actually point out how certain spell types cannot target objects with immunity and thus how immunity works and then hit a brick wall with my face when read how Extinguish is an exception in rules. Nothing big :)