-1 Leviathan Scale (1)
-1 Waterfall Cloak (1)
-1 Tarok (3)
-1 Wall of Thorns (1)
+1 Gravikor (4) (or Kralathor)
+1 Astral Anchor (2)
+1 Wall of Earth (2)

Reasons:
- As good as they are, I rarely play the Falcons because I prefer to have creatures pop up where they're needed via Vine markers. Also, I needed the Falcons for another book. ;) (How do I only have 8 Falcons with 2x 1st ed core, 1x 4th ed core and 1x spell tome 1?)
- Don't really need Leviathan Scale or Waterfall Cloak. Chitin + Rhino Hide + Barkskin should be plenty in most matches.
- Tarok was there for anti-Falcon tech... but Thornlashers, attack spells and Burst of Thorns already do this; also, same problem as Falcons (re: summoning to my zone). Kralathor has Reach and can be summoned anywhere, and is great at gobbling up Level 1's whether they're flying or not. Let him finish off a Sslak or 2 and then set him loose!
- Or, use Gravikor instead. Non-flying Falcons are easier to deal with, can be pushed/snatched through Bloodspine Walls, and are hindered by Vine markers, so they're little more than Goblin Grunts. Right now, it's a toss-up between Kralathor or Gravikor... but all my Gravikors are in other books. ;)
- Wall of Thorns isn't as good in a format that tends to be dominated by minor creatures, and sometimes you just need an impenetrable wall - hence upgrading to a Wall of Earth.
- good call on Astral Anchor. Makes Tanglevine better, not only when used to slow something down but also when used to remove a Guard, as this prevents an easy Teleport-to-same-zone counter.

Ravepig:

--- Quote from: iNano78 on February 12, 2017, 07:37:44 AM ---I made a few changes not reflected above:

-2 Falcons (2)
-1 Leviathan Scale (1)
-1 Waterfall Cloak (1)
-1 Tarok (3)
-1 Wall of Thorns (1)
+1 Gravikor (4) (or Kralathor)
+1 Astral Anchor (2)
+1 Wall of Earth (2)

Reasons:
- As good as they are, I rarely play the Falcons because I prefer to have creatures pop up where they're needed via Vine markers. Also, I needed the Falcons for another book. ;) (How do I only have 8 Falcons with 2x 1st ed core, 1x 4th ed core and 1x spell tome 1?)
- Don't really need Leviathan Scale or Waterfall Cloak. Chitin + Rhino Hide + Barkskin should be plenty in most matches.
- Tarok was there for anti-Falcon tech... but Thornlashers, attack spells and Burst of Thorns already do this; also, same problem as Falcons (re: summoning to my zone). Kralathor has Reach and can be summoned anywhere, and is great at gobbling up Level 1's whether they're flying or not. Let him finish off a Sslak or 2 and then set him loose!
- Or, use Gravikor instead. Non-flying Falcons are easier to deal with, can be pushed/snatched through Bloodspine Walls, and are hindered by Vine markers, so they're little more than Goblin Grunts. Right now, it's a toss-up between Kralathor or Gravikor... but all my Gravikors are in other books. ;)
- Wall of Thorns isn't as good in a format that tends to be dominated by minor creatures, and sometimes you just need an impenetrable wall - hence upgrading to a Wall of Earth.
- good call on Astral Anchor. Makes Tanglevine better, not only when used to slow something down but also when used to remove a Guard, as this prevents an easy Teleport-to-same-zone counter.

--- End quote ---

I think these are good choices. I was torn on the armor just in case one opponent decides to get aggressive. I also like the addition of Gravikor.

If memory serves me correctly, your group also made a house-rule of not allowing Galaxxus, correct?

iNano78:

--- Quote from: Ravepig on February 12, 2017, 12:32:44 PM ---
I think these are good choices. I was torn on the armor just in case one opponent decides to get aggressive. I also like the addition of Gravikor.

If memory serves me correctly, your group also made a house-rule of not allowing Galaxxus, correct?

--- End quote ---

Yes, we banned [mwcard=MWBG1J05]Galaxxus[/mwcard] as it turns a 3-player free-for-all into "first player to get an orb + drop Galaxxus wins." That might be ok in 2-player matches (e.g. forces the player that's behind to give up on V'tar and kill the leader... unless you're a Warlord and [mwcard=MWSTX2FFI02]Conquer[/mwcard] is an option) or team matches (e.g. Easier to combine forces to take out Galaxxus and/or its controller). It also frees up spell book points, because otherwise it's in every Domination book without exception, whether it costs single or triple.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version