May 30, 2024, 03:01:06 AM

Author Topic: Spells you would like to see  (Read 293613 times)

nitrodavid

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
    • East Coast Hobbies
Re: Spells you would like to see
« Reply #105 on: June 10, 2013, 09:12:58 PM »
force screen (imagine mime's wall).
upkeep of 1, incorporeal, 6 life. block of passage (not loss of sight), extendable

similar description to force field just it would prevent damage to the screen.

(I assume like most walls that don't block Los you can still do ranged attacks through them, I imagine you volley you attack spells/ arrows over the wall )
Being Aussie we place all our cards face down, apart from enchantments which are face up

MrSaucy

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 10, 2013, 10:29:40 PM »
What about a mind enchantment that you play like Hellfire Trap or Teleport Trap, face down in a zone. It could be called "Force Trap" or something like that. Instead of doing damage or teleporting it has the effect of Force Hold.
"See you space cowboy..."

nitrodavid

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
    • East Coast Hobbies
« Reply #107 on: June 10, 2013, 11:04:40 PM »
2 traps for new mages

warlord only,
ambush, empty zone, epic. reveal cost 4+X

when trap is activated summon up to 2 lvl 1 or 1 lvl 2 soldier creatures from your spell book, discard ambush. X = the mana required to summon the selected creatures.

force master only

mind box (although I will call it the glass case of emotion), empty zone, reveal cost: 4

upkeep +2 (when active)
when activated attach this enchantment to creature it is now unmovable and constrained, if creature is uncontainable discard mind box

I always liked the idea that a trap card could summon a creature, it would give a true sense of invisibility
Being Aussie we place all our cards face down, apart from enchantments which are face up

MrSaucy

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 10, 2013, 11:25:31 PM »

I always liked the idea that a trap card could summon a creature, it would give a true sense of invisibility

Hmmm. I think more invisible cards would be neat. Hard to make balanced though.

Idea #1: Invisible Minion (Creature)

Cost: 7 mana
Full Action
Range: 0-0
Target: Zone

School = Mind
Spellpoints = 2

Attack: 2 unavoidable critical
Armor: 0
Health: 5

Additional info: Pest. Invisible.

Idea #2: Shroud of Invisibility (Enchantment)

Cost: 2 (hidden), 10 (reveal)
Quick Action
Range: 0-2
Target: corporeal creature

School = Mind
Spellpoints = 4

Target creature gets its own invisibility token and upkeep +3.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 11:29:32 PM by MrSaucy »
"See you space cowboy..."

nitrodavid

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
    • East Coast Hobbies
« Reply #109 on: June 10, 2013, 11:55:54 PM »
I think the cloak will have to be non mage purely for problems with quick cast.
also I like this combo
put enemies monster to sleep then throw a invisibility cloak over it. untargetable and unwakable unless the fm brings some aoe, actually I think you can do this with current stalker.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 12, 2013, 11:48:31 PM »
Stalker is nonliving thus have psychic immunity - no sleep on him :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

nitrodavid

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
    • East Coast Hobbies
« Reply #111 on: June 14, 2013, 09:17:27 PM »
 Fire Fighter squad
 [standard summon info]
(picture would be a comedic picture of an troll operating a manual pump and  goblins holding onto an out of control fire hose)

Spell cost [2 war 1 water], mana cost [12] (i considered this like gyser was 4 mana and 8 mana for a lvl 2 war creature)
8 health, 1 Armour (fire fighters have a little bit or Armour, to match theme)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
attack [Fireman's axe]
[melee][quick][2 dice][piercing +1] (theme based)

attack [Fire Hose]
[Range][0-1][full][Water][2 dice][8-10 push][11+ push + daze] [extinguish] (no damage to objects with Burn)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[unique][warlord only](or it could be NON mage only, to let the beastmaster etc use it)
all friendly corporeal conjurations in this zone get -2 flame and adjacent zones have -1 flame

the reason i want to suggest this card is that the warlord's major weakness are flame and lighting and the warlord is currently the most underrated, i think it would be because the only players who would pick this would be books that rely on  powered mage. being the only mage to be majorly affected by 2 elements that are the most common elements in the game is by far the worst disadvantage. i have tried to keep balance into consideration for this conjurations, and you would have to priorities which zone gets the -2 flame

szendroib

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 15, 2013, 02:49:21 AM »
My wish is only a small one, nothing special. I think that the elemental weaknesses are a little too potent (fire+2, lightning+2 especially). So I think we could use an elemental resistance enchantment. It shouldn't be too powerful, even a fire-1 or lightning-1 could be enough, that way it doesn't negate the weakness, but still makes it better. On the downside it would mean at least 4 different cards, that would take up 16-24 space in an expansion. So what i thought there could be an elemental resistance enchantment, and you should put an elemental token on it showing the resistance type. 12-18 card space saved:D.

Other variation could be a resistance with all elements-1, or you could put a token on it and that would mean its -2 from 1 element. For now it is tough to use certain units against certain mages, but this way for some extra money you could summon them in the right situation.

nitrodavid

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
    • East Coast Hobbies
« Reply #113 on: June 15, 2013, 04:01:12 AM »
elemental -1 resistance, is the poor mans aegis 1

szendroib

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 15, 2013, 04:32:46 AM »

Haha, kind of true :) Still it could have its uses,

nitrodavid

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
    • East Coast Hobbies
« Reply #115 on: June 15, 2013, 05:20:43 AM »

Haha, kind of true :) Still it could have its uses,
well technically elemental -1 would be the poor mans aegis 1 and tough -1

szendroib

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 15, 2013, 08:04:33 AM »
Well technically you are a meanie xD. Ill go and cry in the corner :) (but technically speaking you are right)

Wiz-Pig

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 15, 2013, 03:04:58 PM »
@Nitro: The ambush would have to summon them with active action markers to really feel like an ambush. So it would be like summoning the creature and playing rouse the beast at the same time. Another way it could work is to have a sort of reverse teleport trap where nearby creatures are teleported to the square when the trap is activated rather than having the creature activating it teleported away. Either way I love the basic idea of an ambush spell!

Of course now that I think about it the current teleport trap can be used to create a sort of ambush by teleporting a creature into the middle of a group of your creatures... which when the new set comes out could also be combined with a pit trap.... ouch.

cbalian

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 16, 2013, 06:47:48 PM »
I know there is a mass dispell for enchantments is there something like that for artifacts/equipment?

Also a Destroy Target Creature card, like a Death Touch would be cool for evil.

Or Exile Target Creature card, like the Wizard Banish but would be cool for light and it would be permanent.

nitrodavid

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
    • East Coast Hobbies
« Reply #119 on: June 16, 2013, 07:02:01 PM »
that card would have to cost 6 (dark) book points and the mana required would be X = summon mana. it feels like this card would be on a knife edge between not worth playing and over powered.