May 13, 2024, 09:13:37 AM

Author Topic: Golem Pit (Combo-Attrition: 1 Core + FvW + CoK)  (Read 27253 times)

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Golem Pit (Combo-Attrition: 1 Core + FvW + CoK)
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2013, 09:29:38 AM »
Koz, thanks for your comments. I didn't interpret your thoughts or tone as aggressive.

No problem man, I'm glad you didn't take my comments wrong, I certainly wasn't attempting to be hostile.  I'm a bit blunt to be sure, but I try to avoid getting personal in my remarks.

I get what you're saying about spending too much time in the forums and how it can be a bad experience.  I've had that same experience in other games.  These forums seem pretty good though.  Overall this is a good community that generally everyone respects each other.  There are a few flare ups here and there, but nothing like you see on other sites.

The admins on the site are good people too.  They aren't heavyhanded in their moderation and are fair and responsive.

So, don't be afraid of these forums, they're mostly positive!  :)

DeckBuilder

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2013, 09:41:21 AM »
On phone.

Priestess with Agony would be very tough yes, nothing I've faced when testing. With all the other tools she has, yes that is one build that would beat it as it would take me by surprise. Maybe Dispel Wand is better after all...

So yes Earth Wizard would probably lose to her in a very long game.

See, reasoned argument, that does not simply list every aggressive mage build out there, is much better.

It was not the criticism of the build but the put down of another. But let's not reopen that.
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. And then it's just fun.

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2013, 09:48:27 AM »
I run at least one Agony in every book because it works so well against a few different builds.  It hurts aggro-rush and "one big" strategies a lot, both of which have been very popular throughout the games lifecycle. 

IMO, it's one of those cards that is useful enough that I have trouble not including at least one in every build, even if I have to pay triple for it.   
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 09:50:42 AM by Koz »

DeckBuilder

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2013, 10:48:21 AM »
I had tested it against a Priest knight avenger guardian angel archer build with light attacks, sort of aggro control, but hydras beat it.

Nobody here plays priestess since the nerf, which was inelegant and did not solve stacking ready marker actions issue. I hope they rescind and solve the real issue instead. My games against new players with my own priestess book are obviously no test. Especially as we play a house rule to not confuse them with errata.

I appreciate the blunting synergy of aegis and agony.

It says something (not good) that the best way to beat this boring turtle build is the original boring turtle build!

The main reason I avoid golems against holy is because of angel of light and lightning. If she is not playing it, less of an issue to use them against her (staff can be dissolved). Obviously temple even nerfed is an issue with golems.

Angel of light is so good that I run her in an unconventional air wizard build with vampiress as there is a lot of golems in our local meta since I unveiled when COK arrived locally.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2013, 11:46:18 AM »
Pre-Nerf of Battle Fury, my FM could cut down a Golem in one turn or two. Add a Bear Strength + Charge + BF with the piercing +2 and it is quite easy to take one out with 7 dice + 6  dice, playing with Promo's add Lion Savagery in to the mix you get 9 dice with 3 piercing and 6 dice with 2 piercing. Though on OCTGN I could see my opponents mouth drop open when I shotted his IG. Once a couple of Promo are released I have a build that will used stacked enchantments and 4 Enchanter's Wardstones. I think it will be quite the agro deck not sure of solo or not though at this point....
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

DeckBuilder

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2013, 11:59:29 AM »
Pre-Nerf of Battle Fury, my FM could cut down a Golem in one turn or two. Add a Bear Strength + Charge + BF with the piercing +2 and it is quite easy to take one out with 7 dice + 6  dice, playing with Promo's add Lion Savagery in to the mix you get 9 dice with 3 piercing and 6 dice with 2 piercing. Though on OCTGN I could see my opponents mouth drop open when I shotted his IG. Once a couple of Promo are released I have a build that will used stacked enchantments and 4 Enchanter's Wardstones. I think it will be quite the agro deck not sure of solo or not though at this point....

Agreed very possible to one shot pre nerf. But what about the other 3 golems? :) Or is this set up all before turn 6? I found Purge Magic key playing against FM.

I have very little experience playing with FM so I am going to create a Solo build and post it then watch it being taken apart.

DeckBuilder

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2013, 12:12:15 PM »
Thinking of this FM build, I can't see how you got double battle fury on yourself. Or BF plus charge. This is going to look really silly but how is this possible? I thought FM was all about Galvitar double strike plus Dancing Scimitar?

Typing this on a train so can't reference the cards to work out how you did this!

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2013, 12:27:21 PM »
Thinking of this FM build, I can't see how you got double battle fury on yourself. Or BF plus charge. This is going to look really silly but how is this possible? I thought FM was all about Galvitar double strike plus Dancing Scimitar?

Typing this on a train so can't reference the cards to work out how you did this!

Thoughtspores can have Battle Fury or Charge bound to them so that you dont have to cast them on one of your own actions.

A Thoughtspore can cast Battle Fury, then you Quickcast Charge.
Then you move forward and attack twice-
Charging Quick Attack 1, Battle Fury Quick Attack 2. (and attack 3 from Dancing Scimitar if you have it on)

If you dont have to move,  Battlefury yourself and use the full attack option for

-Doublestrike 1, Doublestrike 2, Quickattack 1. (and attack 4 from Dancing Scimitar if you have it on)

Generally though, against an Iron Golem, youll want to Battle Fury and use your Quickattack twice instead of the double stroke.. because the quick has a natural 2 pierce while the Doublestrike/Sweep option has 0 Pierce. 
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 12:29:19 PM by baronzaltor »

DeckBuilder

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2013, 12:57:59 PM »
Of course! My mind was focusing on that solo build challenge. And did not think of familiar help. Doh!

Yes I remember my jaw did drop when my friend one shotted a golem once. In that match I went for near centre as my Pit (you don't need to wall them in) where I placed my Tower and Air Jet to repel threats especially flyers. I was playing the conjurations version then so Idol hurt the spores too. I think he placed spores in 2 corners safe from my NC Tower and one shotted my poor harmless golem. i had to venture out and hurl Boulder them both (hurt by Idol).

Spores are brilliant but even more fragile than Huginn.

Yeah, I am starting to appreciate a Solo FM build is going to be hard. Hmmm

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2013, 01:18:01 PM »
Forcefield + Defense Chop Suey them one at a time even in the kill box. Pre-Nerf, the FM was total bad a$&. 

One of the thing you will see that is common throughout the thread is here is that more piercing and corrode is greatly going to impact this game. Control is going to have much harder time as they will have to spend actions defending the conjurations now as Battle Forge with a couple of Corrodes and hit with a Surging Wave will be an easy kill. Same for Wizards Tower, knock down a couple of Armor points and that 7 Health will be easy to wipe out. Same with the Gate to Voltari knock the armor off or with all these ignore (Piercing) armor and it will be easy(ier) to take out.

I hope to see some of the promos like Lion Savagery, Altar of Peace, Temple High Guard, Plagued, Wand of Healing, and maybe Debilitate come out in DvN.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 01:21:34 PM by sIKE »
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest