May 12, 2024, 11:45:51 AM

Author Topic: Laddinfance's 2642nd Post  (Read 22736 times)

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Laddinfance's 2642nd Post
« on: August 19, 2015, 11:56:13 PM »
So this week I was looking back at Various forum milestones. That was when I noticed that I blew right past my 2000th post. And that is a shame. So rather than wait until I hit 3K, I wanted to do something cool with the forum again!

But I'm not sure what. So I'm hoping you all have fantastic ideas to share. I'm interested in hearing them. We could totally build a new spellbook for me. I loved how that turned out last time. I still use that book. Or maybe we can come up with something else. Regardless, I want to take a moment to celebrate with all of you. Thanks for making the forums a great place.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Laddinfance's 2642nd Post
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 03:52:54 AM »
Lets build a Barbarian spellbook  ::)

Or lets build a Priest OR if there is somewhere the completly first spellbook ever made, we could try to upgrade that one. That could be fan too :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

exid

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • The longer the better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 05:05:04 AM »
I don't know if it's the idea here (and if it allready exists) but we could create a help for spellbook building beginers:
you have to think about that, you have to put this card, you have to choose between that and that, etc.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 08:04:28 AM »
Lets build a Barbarian spellbook  ::)

As I've been working on other cards, when I think of a good "Barbarian" spell, I've been filing it away. When we're finally ready for that set, then I'm pretty excited about what we'll make. But right now, I'm trying to keep my focus on the immediate projects as I don't want to leave all of you guys hanging, ya know?

Or lets build a Priest OR if there is somewhere the completly first spellbook ever made, we could try to upgrade that one. That could be fan too :)

Priest was the second place book from last time. We almost made it. I don't know that anywhere there is a "first" book, but you're right that would be fun.

I don't know if it's the idea here (and if it allready exists) but we could create a help for spellbook building beginers:
you have to think about that, you have to put this card, you have to choose between that and that, etc.

Are you talking about making some sort of beginners spellbook building tutorial? It's certainly possible, but that would seem to be difficult to get multiple people involved. However, that would be a great resource.

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2015, 01:49:36 PM »

Are you talking about making some sort of beginners spellbook building tutorial? It's certainly possible, but that would seem to be difficult to get multiple people involved. However, that would be a great resource.

Listen to the Mage Wars monday pod casts. I get a ton of ideas and strategies from those.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2015, 01:56:50 PM »

Zuberi actually wrote a few articles on this topic for the MW blog a while back.

There are 3 parts.

Part 1 - Introduction

Part 2 - Offense

Part 3 - Defense
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

fas723

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2015, 01:21:45 AM »
Why not let the community create a new card together that could be released in the future?
Make some polls of which type and class. Generate some cool abilities and/or effects (which you approve Aaron) here at the forum. And finally have some finishing votes on which to choose before it goes into play testing.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2015, 04:03:13 AM »
And that is absolutly great Idea!

Laddifance itself is a mage, so Laddifance as a creature is probably out of options :(
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

fas723

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2015, 04:43:37 AM »
The Laddifance creature is an awesome idea!

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2015, 06:31:05 AM »
And that is absolutly great Idea!

Laddifance itself is a mage, so Laddifance as a creature is probably out of options :(

The creature (if we pick that spell type) might not end up named Laddinfance, but we'd still know where it came from and it might have some witty flavor text to reference Laddin. I really like the idea of helping design a Laddinfance signature spell. The forum of course won't be privy to the final version for awhile, since it will need playtested, but some things we could decide:

Spell Type
School
General Concept (again, can't be too specific on the effect/abilities since it will need tested)
Name

Zuberi actually wrote a few articles on this topic for the MW blog a while back.

There are 3 parts.

Part 1 - Introduction

Part 2 - Offense

Part 3 - Defense

I totally forgot about those. I really should finish up the series now that I'm not quite as busy.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2015, 08:39:52 AM »
I don't need to be a creature. I think it's more fun if I'm not ;-). Though, I'm completely flattered by the suggestion. As for making a community card? I think that could be really fun. However, I don't think it would really work out at this time, though I'd love for it to.

Now I feel like a bit of a negative Nancy. Gotta think of something uplifting... It's Friday?

fas723

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2015, 01:07:45 PM »
As for making a community card? I think that could be really fun. However, I don't think it would really work out at this time, though I'd love for it to.

Why not? Sure there are thousands of other thing in the release loop right now, but isn't that in our favor? It will give this experiment time and no rush to print. I guess if we go ahead with this it probably need more time than how the future expansions are scheduled.

exid

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • The longer the better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2015, 12:40:49 AM »
A creature would be lot of fun, with a story, a personnality that explain it's game caracteristics, but perhaps to easy.
I think that an object or a conjuration can have a story too and could be more interesting.

Cnoedel

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2015, 01:26:07 AM »
So I have no real idea in mind other than the one I just posted here:

http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=15930.0

Pros:

- Great community fun
- No threat to the game desingers because its all fun anyway
- Designers could see other ideas and get inspiratoin as well
- This way everyone could design a laddinfance-card 8)

Cons:

- Requires people who are into custom card design (might not be for everyone)
- Requires a possible and easy way to create custom cards
"I close my eyes and seize it
 I clench my fists and beat it
 I light my torch and burn it
 I am the beast I worship..."

DTHGRPSBWR

http://absurdurbannihilist.tumblr.com/
my blog.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2015, 06:49:35 AM »
We could also make a joke promo card for a possible future joke expansion.

http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=13081
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.