May 19, 2024, 06:31:26 PM

Author Topic: Archmage Expansion  (Read 16905 times)

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
Archmage Expansion
« on: March 19, 2014, 02:24:50 AM »
Also from the GAMA Trade show in Vegas, we have our first (I think) picture of an Archmage along with text talking about new gameplay features (terrain??) and events that happen in game, and "1 vs many" game variants.

• Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
Re: Archmage Expansion
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 04:26:20 AM »
He looks kinda draconic, which I bet people will like. He's not necessarily indicative of the archmage though. I am actually hoping it is purely rules tweaks that you can use with any mage rather than a whole new class of mages.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 05:43:37 AM »
It looks like a some sort of separete modul which allows you to play Core MW differently. Just one mage released in expansion seems... odd :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Caamora

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 11:50:29 PM »
This will probably work something like Magic the Gathering Archenemy style gameplay

klaymen

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 02:49:47 AM »
Our group consists of three people, so Archmage seems to be a perfect expansion for us.

Nicho2222

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 10:13:04 AM »
Based on all of the colors around him, I'm thinking the archmage might be trained in multiple schools of magic/all of them.  Imagine the ability to put anything in your book!

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2014, 10:42:27 AM »
You already have the ability to put anything in your book from any school. It just depends on if you're willing to dedicate the spell points to it. I don't really want them to make training irrelevant, and I'd actually like to be able to use any mage class as an archmage if I could.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2014, 03:26:06 PM »
Any more news on this? It looks really exciting! Does anyone have any idea of a general time frame in which it might be released? Sometime next year maybe? Is it going to be part of the battlegrounds series of expansions?
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2014, 11:31:19 AM »
Any more news on this? It looks really exciting! Does anyone have any idea of a general time frame in which it might be released? Sometime next year maybe? Is it going to be part of the battlegrounds series of expansions?

Not part of Battlegrounds currently.
It is still on the to do list.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2014, 07:44:08 PM »
Speculation on an Archmage design capable of fighting 2-3 mages at the same time.

Spellpoints = 160
Channeling = 25 to 30
Life = 70
Armor = 1

Training: Trained in 2 Primary Schools and 1 Elemental School of players choice. All other schools cost triple spellpoints. Note - Primary Schools can be opposite schools, such as, Dark and Holy.

Archmage Abilities
1) Fast Conjuration - All Creature spells are consider Quick Spells.
2) Rapid Casting - Uses 2 Quickcast markers for a total of 3 action markers. The extra Quickcast marker works the same way except that it can also be used before or after another Quickcast.
3) Spell Mastery - May include up to 2 copies of each Epic spell in spellbook.

This design assumes Archmage only spells would also be developed around each of the 4 Elemental schools.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

lil_drag_n

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2014, 06:45:39 PM »
The podcast said the archmage is arcane and dark trained. With specialty in dimensional teleportation.
Jedi vs that orc guy from L of the R, wow what a mix,... i wonder if AW would consider Dhalsim a mage.

Maverick

• Ambassador - Twin Cities MN
  • Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • I got a fever, and the only cure is Mage Wars!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2014, 07:19:36 PM »
Which podcast episode spoiled the Archmage? I need to take a listen!
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
Easy, guys.. I put my pants on just like the rest of you -- one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I win Mage Wars!

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2014, 08:16:11 PM »
The podcast said the archmage is arcane and dark trained. With specialty in dimensional teleportation.

I believe that was the Sorcerer, not the archmage.

Which podcast episode spoiled the Archmage? I need to take a listen!

Whichever one Bryan Pope was on (don't remember number). They talked about numerous things, including small details of ideas for future Mages.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 08:18:21 PM by Lord0fWinter »
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2014, 08:05:22 AM »
Yes, Bryan was talking about the "Sorcerer". The Sorcerer is a ways off yet, but it's a mage who's flavor I'm really looking forward to. Summoning elemental creatures, possibly Jinn has me all kinds of excited. However, gotta stick to the present  ;).

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2014, 12:32:45 PM »
Yes, Bryan was talking about the "Sorcerer". The Sorcerer is a ways off yet, but it's a mage who's flavor I'm really looking forward to. Summoning elemental creatures, possibly Jinn has me all kinds of excited. However, gotta stick to the present  ;).

Djinns... Nice :)