Mage Wars > Resources and Downloads

Wizard and Wizard's Tower Errata

<< < (3/23) > >>

farkas1:
I like this idea of different Wizards focused in a different element with maybe unique ability card.  This could help with balance of the Wizards abilities and offer some choice and balance. 

--- Quote from: Sailor Vulcan on July 05, 2016, 05:12:42 PM ---Definitely more drastic than i expected. I'm not sure I agree with getting rid of the other elemental wizards. Sharing a school with another mage does not mean that it will steal that mage's tricks, so to speak. Just as the druid and the beastmaster do not conflict with each other's playstyles. And I've always thought of the wizard as four different mages with their own styles, not one mage with flexibility granted to him by his choice of school. I'm very interested in hearing not only why you guys chose this solution, but why you think that it's the optimal solution out of all other possibilities.

Might there ever be other arcane mages trained in a different elemental school?

--- Quote ---Wizard is dead
--- End quote ---
I should hope not. I'm pretty sure that's not the intent of these nerfs.

--- End quote ---

Laddinfance:
Having worked on every Mage Wars expansion to date, the Wizard has become a larger and larger design constrain while building new mages. This was the cleanest way to limit his constraint, while not impacting the core of his play. This errata is not meant as a direct curb on his power. It is however a way for us to open up design in the future.

Kaarin:

--- Quote from: Reddicediaries on July 05, 2016, 05:16:27 PM ---Also, isn't the point of the wizard to be a jack of a trades? Do we need a wizard who is limited.

--- End quote ---
No, Wizard wasn't supposed to be jack of all trades but a trickster.

Kaarin:
I'm surprised that WT didn't get Zone Exclusive.

Reddicediaries:

--- Quote from: Kaarin on July 05, 2016, 05:50:20 PM ---
--- Quote from: Reddicediaries on July 05, 2016, 05:16:27 PM ---Also, isn't the point of the wizard to be a jack of a trades? Do we need a wizard who is limited.

--- End quote ---
No, Wizard wasn't supposed to be jack of all trades but a trickster.

--- End quote ---
Right.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version