Mage Wars > Resources and Downloads

Wizard and Wizard's Tower Errata

(1/23) > >>

Laddinfance:
Just posted >>THIS<< about changes to the Wizard and Wizard's Tower. I've linked PDFs of the current versions. I'm working to get them on the Resources and Downloads page. Thank you.

Link to Errata

Tyrnan:
Wow. Didn't see that: "The Wizard no longer picks an element to be trained in. Now he is trained only in Arcane and Air" coming  :o. That is more drastic than I would have expected. I undestand the reasoning though and I thinkg I like it  :-\.

I definitely like the nerf of the wizards tower. Keeps the spirit of the card but takes away the extreme SP effifiency.

Thank you Laddinface. I hope this puts an end to the neverending "Wizard is OP/not OP" discussions ...

Reddicediaries:

--- Quote from: Tyrnan on July 05, 2016, 04:54:06 PM ---Wow. Didn't see that: "The Wizard no longer picks an element to be trained in. Now he is trained only in Arcane and Air" coming  :o. That is more drastic than I would have expected. I undestand the reasoning though and I thinkg I like it  :-\.

I definitely like the nerf of the wizards tower. Keeps the spirit of the card but takes away the extreme SP effifiency.

Thank you Laddinface. I hope this puts an end to the neverending "Wizard is OP/not OP" discussions ...

--- End quote ---

I am so sad. I really feel like the wizard elemental nurf is anoying. I really liked his versatively. Wizard is now not very interesting for me. For example, both last year's gen con finalists books would be way over with the current errata. I wish he would have been limited to certain levels or certain schools, rather than just air. I completely, trust your judgement Laddin, but this errata eliminates so many kinds of strategies.

Boocheck:
I have to say, we discuss this for many hours and probably days in our gaming group. I see a great courage to implement these changes, if you realize how long was Wizard as it is. They (AW) have a courage to try to change something that was here from the beginning! And it was not an easy decision.

I was always a "wiseguy" when comes to any decision or change in everythin in which i really dont have to bear the responsibility. Latly, i experienced lot in real life, and i think i can say, that i deeply respect this changes and motives behind them.

It makes me happy to be part of Mage Wars and to be a fan of products of Arcane Wonders ;)

Wizard is dead, long live the Wizard!

Sailor Vulcan:
Definitely more drastic than i expected. I'm not sure I agree with getting rid of the other elemental wizards. Sharing a school with another mage does not mean that it will steal that mage's tricks, so to speak. Just as the druid and the beastmaster do not conflict with each other's playstyles. And I've always thought of the wizard as four different mages with their own styles, not one mage with flexibility granted to him by his choice of school. I'm very interested in hearing not only why you guys chose this solution, but why you think that it's the optimal solution out of all other possibilities.

Might there ever be other arcane mages trained in a different elemental school?

--- Quote ---Wizard is dead
--- End quote ---
I should hope not. I'm pretty sure that's not the intent of these nerfs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version