Mage Wars > Player Feedback and Suggestions

How to make Mage Wars faster

<< < (3/7) > >>

Biblofilter:

--- Quote from: Puddnhead on January 17, 2018, 03:34:41 PM ---I personally would not like starting in the middle.  I love the positioning game.  The tactical maneuvering.  When you start next to each other you destroy the part of the game I love.  Would be hard pressed to get me to try it.

--- End quote ---

I love the position and the tactical maneuvering as well.
Still id like to try it out. Should make games faster.

4+ hour long games can be a bit to much, especially if you have other stuff going on in your life.

Obsidian Soul:
I still do not know how anyone has a four hour game.  I think my longest game ever was two hours, and that was only because we were still realitively new to the game.  I generally play as if I am in a tournament and will concede the game after an hour if it looks that I am losing, as there is no need to draw things out, especially since I will rarely have anything left in my spellbook after twenty turns of play.

Reddicediaries:

--- Quote from: Obsidian Soul on January 17, 2018, 06:18:22 PM ---I still do not know how anyone has a four hour game.  I think my longest game ever was two hours, and that was only because we were still realitively new to the game.  I generally play as if I am in a tournament and will concede the game after an hour if it looks that I am losing, as there is no need to draw things out, especially since I will rarely have anything left in my spellbook after twenty turns of play.

--- End quote ---
Games where both mages have late game builds (priestess, druids, wizards, and necros are the main culprits) tend to go very long.
This is likely the longest game I've ever seen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgFsjWkd5_E

RomeoXero:
I wouldn't be about that. It definitely tips the scales too much. With 20 mana no mater where the enemy tries to run to nothing can stop immediate attacks. Just by the math r1 is 14 dice, folowed by 14 more? In fact this will widen the gap between 10 chanel and 9 chanel mages. Cuz a 10 channel can throw 2 boulders r1 AND r2. A 9 chanel mage cant. Not a fan.

Obsidian Soul:
It does become more about dice luck than it does about strategy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version