Mage Wars > Player Feedback and Suggestions

How to make Mage Wars faster

(1/7) > >>

Biblofilter:
I actually like long games but I also like playing live.

But for live event it would be nice if more games could end in 90 minutes.

I had a simple suggestion in another tread, but no one pick-up on it.

How about changing the starting position of the Mages?
So that we start the game in the 2 center zones.

If anyone tries this out in real life or on OCTGN I would like to hear how it vent.

It should give faster games, shouldn't it?  :P

Reddicediaries:

--- Quote from: Biblofilter on January 17, 2018, 11:27:08 AM ---I actually like long games but I also like playing live.

But for live event it would be nice if more games could end in 90 minutes.

I had a simple suggestion in another tread, but no one pick-up on it.

How about changing the starting position of the Mages?
So that we start the game in the 2 center zones.

If anyone tries this out in real life or on OCTGN I would like to hear how it vent.

It should give faster games, shouldn't it?  :P

--- End quote ---
I think it is a good idea other than the fact that is punishes late game builds if they are facing an aggro book.

Sailor Vulcan:
Not sure how balanced this is. I suppose you can try it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Coshade:
Most rushes hit you turn 2 and late ones 3. So starting in the danger zone would change a lot. I wonder how initiative would be balance wise.
Maybe first QC you cannot target your opponent would be my only suggestion to this sweet idea..

Obsidian Soul:
Exactly how slow are your games that you need to speed them up?  I generally finish my games in less than an hour, so I think that any slowness may come from a lack of familiarity with the spellbook in question rather than the slowness of the game.  Back in NC, we could get a new player to do point where they could finish games in an hour within a month, though that generally represented 10-20 games with the same spellbook.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version