Mage Wars > Rules Discussion

ERRATA - Temple of Light

<< < (6/7) > >>

zot:
    I played a full compliment of hob, and 2 tol in my forcemaster tournement build. It could deal some sick damage pretty quickly. I easilly rolled opponents at origins, as in finished game in less than 30 minutes. I had 2 bad matchups, and one was the tournement winner which was a similar hob/tol priestess build that my friend hellkite ran, and piousfleas warlock. I badly misplayed against piousflea and he played extremely well after being near dead very early. Still kicking myself for that one. Good job pious. That loss dropped me to fourth place. Anyway, the change to hob has definitely made it go from aggro to utility which can easilly go in many decks. And now since hob is unique, the tol will go back to showing up only in holy builds. 
   I really like my fm build, and did want to see how it played against a wider audience at gencon. Some other time, maybe as a casual matchup...

Wildhorn:
I know nobody posted here since a long time, but with all the non-living running around, is ToL still useless to (un)death (bad pun is bad).

3 dice with 41.67% chance to eiher daze or stun for 1 mana is pretty good. (I know its not exactly 1 mana due to initial cost, but after 5 attacks it come down to be less than 3 mana per attack and at 9 attacks it is exactly 2 mana).

I think it is pretty good to disturb non-living. Even against living, the chance of daze/stun is good for 2-3 mana and no action (that is the best part imo).

Imirite or imirong?

baronzaltor:
Even after the change, I've never considered it useless.

Ive always run it in most holy builds even since it changed.

IndyPendant:
*jumps up to the podium again, pounds fist*

It's crap.  Not Gate to Hell crap, but still pretty bad.  The main reason why: it's not 1-3 mana for a decent Stun/Daze chance, it's a 9 mana investment + 1-2 (most people don't go 3) mana per shot for a locked-in-position mediocre Stun/Daze chance (see Pillar of Light for comparisons).  So far as I can determine, Baron is the only experienced player actually including a Temple of Light in their book.  And apparently AW's unofficial stance on the nerf is "ToL will get better when other temples are released."  I'm skeptical, but willing to wait and see. ; )

Wildhorn:

--- Quote from: IndyPendant on February 03, 2014, 03:15:19 PM ---*jumps up to the podium again, pounds fist*

It's crap.  Not Gate to Hell crap, but still pretty bad.  The main reason why: it's not 1-3 mana for a decent Stun/Daze chance, it's a 9 mana investment + 1-2 (most people don't go 3) mana per shot for a locked-in-position mediocre Stun/Daze chance (see Pillar of Light for comparisons).  So far as I can determine, Baron is the only experienced player actually including a Temple of Light in their book.  And apparently AW's unofficial stance on the nerf is "ToL will get better when other temples are released."  I'm skeptical, but willing to wait and see. ; )

--- End quote ---

Well, a 2 mana attack with ToL has 16% stun chance and 33%;chance daze. Pillar of light has 16% stun chance and 58% chance daze.

But Pillard of Light require everytime an action from your mage and take one of your two spell for the round.

Being immobile is not that bad, it still cover 10/12 zone if you cast it in center.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version