Mage Wars > Rules Discussion

ERRATA - Temple of Light

(1/7) > >>

patrickconnor:

Temple of Light:

The card’s spell text has changed to the following:

“Once each round, before or after any friendly creature’s Action Phase, you may choose a value of X from 1 to the number of temples you control, and pay X mana to make the above attack, adding X to the effect die roll. Use a Ready Marker to keep track of this ability.”

FAQ:

- As an example, if you control 4 temples, you may pay either 1, 2, 3, or 4 mana. If you choose 3, you pay 3 mana, then make the above attack rolling 3 attack dice and adding 3 to the effect die roll.

- You choose the value of X each time you use the ability. (For instance, you could choose X=3 while using the ability one round, and X=1 while using the ability on a different round.)

- Temple of Light can attack the round that it comes into play.

- The effect die results, 9-10=stun, 11+=daze, are correct. (As X increases, the chance to daze increases, but not the chance to stun.)

sIKE:

--- Quote from: patrickconnor on July 19, 2013, 02:30:53 PM ---(As X increases, the chance to daze increases, but not the chance to stun.)

--- End quote ---

I have had trouble in the past understanding how to apply this statement. Could I please get a good explanation and example of how to apply the amount rolled on the effect dice.

HeatStryke:
Basicly you're adding X to the die itself. The numbers to get the effect do not change.

If you pay say 4 for X and roll a 9 you get 13, you need a 9 or 10 to stun and 13 is not one of those numbers.

nitrodavid:
im sure you did copious play testing on this, and i haven't added it to excel yet. but it just feels like most mages (even the priestess) wont want to dedicate mana to what is a weaker light powered wizards tower anymore.

since it cost mana to attack did you consider giving it a channel value, so then at least with no mage interference it could do a 1 dice attack every round.

i guess on the good side "if" this card isn't going to be used anymore it would warrant future expansions to have additional holy conjurations

sIKE:
I have to say they nerfed the hell out of this card when you add in the Unique (nerfing) on the Hands of Bim-Shalla. I can not see the Priestess winning any in tournaments going forward. I make the predication that the next winner of a Tournament is the Warlock and I do not see that changing at any point for a good while. Now Necro vs. Druid may change that, but I am guessing we are going to see a good group of the cards coming from it to be from the Dark school.

I have to wonder if I should give up on MW before my heart gets broken even more. BTW I didn't run a ToL + HoBs deck...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version