May 13, 2024, 03:57:27 AM

Author Topic: Force bash into the same zone  (Read 2790 times)

fas723

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Force bash into the same zone
« on: May 23, 2015, 12:43:54 PM »
Hi,
Yesterday when I played a question about Force bash came up that I couldn't answer.
Is it possible to Force bash a creature into the edge of the arena (dealing 3 dies damage), thus leting the creature remain in the zone, and then let other creature in that same zone get slam?
Looking at the wording at the card this should be possible in my opinion, but seems quite powerful.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 02:00:43 PM by fas723 »

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple Force bash in the same zone
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 02:03:14 PM »
You could continuously use [mwcard=FWI03]Force Bash[/mwcard] to push a creature into a passage blocked wall and deal 3 dice of damage, however you would lose pretty much all of the other benefits of the spell. Obviously the creature would not end up pushed into another zone, it also would not receive the slam condition, nor would another creature be slammed (Rules Supplement pages 34 - 35).

You could get the same effects by simply using Force Push instead, saving you 5 mana each cast.

fas723

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Force bash into the same zone
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 02:53:11 PM »
Now I don't have the rules in front of me so can't check p. 34-35 unfortunately.
But no matter what, I can't see anything on Force bash that it has to be another zone. It says clearly that it affect the creatures in the zone the first creature is pushed into, thus the same zone in this case.
Also there is one single line saying the first targeted creature get slam, period. Nothing about any specific zone requirement.

I see what you are saying Zuberi, but why is this? To me it still looks like all the creature would get slam.

echephron

• Player
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • The finest in mage wear...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2015, 03:07:53 PM »
this has been discussed before. its in the rules supplement. if no zone change, no one gets slam
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

fas723

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2015, 03:29:25 PM »
Okej, thanks both of you.
Where can I find these rule supplements? In download section?

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Akiro, I have never prayed to you before. No one will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that one stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Akiro... so grant me strength! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

fas723

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile

echephron

• Player
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • The finest in mage wear...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2015, 07:55:49 PM »
there should probably be a sticky in the rules section of this forum saying when in doubt go to the rules suplement...hmm
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid